Ultra-slim, all-metal design - At just 11mm this ultra-slim, all-metal portable drive is thin and fast with plenty of capacity for your important digital content.
Ultra-fast transfer rates - When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport Edge lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to 3 times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.*
*Performance may vary based on user's hardware and system configuration.
Premium aluminum enclosure - The durable, anodized aluminum enclosure is the perfect complement for your MacBook.
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 compatibility - With this single drive you get compatibility with your USB 2.0 devices today and the ultra-fast speed of USB 3.0 when you're ready to step up to the to the next generation.
Durable enclosure protects the drive inside - We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a robust, all-metal enclosure designed for beauty.
WD Security - WD Security allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
WD Drive Utilities - Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
Compatible with Apple Time Machine - Works with your Mac right out of the box and is compatible with Apple Time Machine.
USB-powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your Mac. No separate power supply is needed.
- Adding extra storage for your videos, music, photos, and files
- Backing up your files with Apple Time Machine
- Securing your files from unauthorized access with password protection and hardware encryption
- Connecting and powering through your USB interface
What's in the box
Portable hard drive, USB cable, Quick Install Guide.
- Formatted HFS+ journaled for Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard , Lion or Mountain Lion
- Requires reformatting for Windows operating system
- Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system