With .Mac, you can effortlessly share everything you create including pictures, movies, podcasts, documents and more - with one-click web publishing and photocasting. Communicate with friends and family through ad-free email and groups. And backup your photos, music and files with powerful backup software.
Publish your web site, blog or podcast with Ease
Using the new iWeb in iLife ?06, you can easily create your own personal web site and publish it to your .Mac account with one click.
- Create stunning web pages with Apple-designed templates.
- Publish your websites with a single click?no configuration necessary.
- Post blogs and podcasts without the confusion of creating RSS feeds.
- Add stunning online slideshows to your photo albums automatically.
- Set a password to keep sites private.
Exchange documents using iDisk
Store files on your personal online storage space that?s now accessible any time from any computer ? Mac or PC.
- Use storage space on Apple's secure servers.
- View files and folders on your desktop.
- Drag files to your Public folder.
- Invite colleagues to download your documents.
- Access iDisk from a Mac or a PC.
- Protect your Public folder with a password.
- Store up to 1GB; upgradeable to 4GB.
Protect your precious memories with Backup 3 software
Create custom backup plans for all the important files on your drive.
- Automatically back up iLife files and others in a single step.
- Back up files to your .Mac iDisk, external drives or CDs and DVDs.
- Quickly save only what changed since your last backup.
- Easy file restoration puts files back right where you want them.
Communicate Apple style with .Mac Mail and iChat
Keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues with ad-free email.
- Mail is accessible from your mail application and from a web browser.
- Virus protection is built into .Mac Mail for messages sent to your Mac.com address.
- Use your Mac.com member name to chat and video conference with iChat AV (compatible hardware required).
Stay in sync with .Mac Sync
Synchronize your personal data to .Mac and have the same contacts, bookmarks, calendars and more on all your Mac computers.
- Sync your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks between your Mac computers ? Mac OS X Tiger users can also sync Mail accounts, rules and smart mailboxes.
- Access your contacts or bookmarks through a web browser.
- Set schedules for automatic syncing, or sync manually.
Organize group activities with .Mac Groups
Communicate, coordinate and stay connected with your club, team or organization.
- A private, ad-free web site serves as the control center, complete with message board, photo slideshow and easy file sharing.
- Publish calendars from iCal for group members to view on the group page or subscribe to in their own iCal.
- Invite members directly from your .Mac Address Book.
- With iWeb, publish web pages and blogs directly to .Mac Groups.
Hone your skills in the Learning Center
Realize the full power of your Mac with step-by-step tutorials on the applications you use most, especially useful for new Mac users.
- Receive expert instruction on Mac OS X Tiger, iLife and more.
- Follow along with QuickTime movies and text instructions.
- Try out your new skills on sample files