Featuring a compact design, AirPort Express supports simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi. Set up your wireless network quickly and easily using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. Create a network just for guests. Stream music to any room in the house. And print from any room in the house, too. All with fast wireless technology.
Easy Wi-Fi setup using iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
Connect your DSL or cable modem to AirPort Express and create your new wireless network in just a few taps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Or use the built-in AirPort Utility on your Mac. Setup is just as fast and just as easy.
Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n.
AirPort Express lets Wi-Fi-enabled devices connect to your network on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless bands. Which means every connected device automatically uses the best band available for the fastest possible performance.
Print wirelessly from any room.
On the back of AirPort Express is a USB port that's made for your printer. Just plug it in and instantly it's like having a printer in every room. And since AirPort Express works with Mac and PC, everyone in the house can take advantage of one centrally available printer.
Compatibility and security.
AirPort Express is compatible with devices using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n specifications. So no matter what Wi-Fi device you're using, it will work with AirPort Express. AirPort Express also features a built-in firewall to protect your network from malicious Internet attacks. The firewall is automatically turned on, so you don't have to do a thing.
Create a guest network.
Set up a separate Wi-Fi network with a separate password just for your guests. Simply enable the guest networking feature, and your guests can access the Internet but not other parts of your primary network, such as your computers, printers, and LAN-attached hard drives.
Manage your Wi-Fi network from your iOS device or Mac.
Once your network is set up, AirPort Utility for iOS and OS X lets you manage and monitor it from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac. Your AirPort Express - along with other AirPort base stations you have connected - appears graphically onscreen, so you can see your settings at a glance, make changes, apply updates, and more.
What's in the Box?
- AirPort Express
- Printed documentation
- Power cord
- Dimensions: 3.85 inches (98 mm) by 3.85 inches (98 mm) by 0.9 inch (23 mm)
- Weight: 8.5 ounces (240 grams)
Setup and Administration
Shared Printing with a USB Printer
- iOS device with iOS 6 or later and AirPort Utility
- Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.3 or later and AirPort Utility 6.1
- Mac with OS X v10.5.7 or later and AirPort Utility 5.6.1
- PC with Windows 7 or later and AirPort Utility 5.6.1
- USB printer
- Mac with OS X v10.2.7 or later
- PC with Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), or Windows 8
Wireless Device Access
- Any Wi-Fi-enabled device that uses the 802.11a/b/g/n specification
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- Simultaneous dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Radio output power: 20.5 dBm maximum (varies by country)
- Channels 1-11, 36-116, and 132-165 approved for use in the United States and Canada
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 100-140 approved for use in Europe and Japan
- Channels 1-13, 36-64, and 149-165 approved for use in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand
- Interoperable with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n-enabled Mac computers, iOS devices, Apple TV, Windows-based PCs, and other Wi-Fi devices
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)2
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise2
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
- Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n wireless
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL modem, cable modem, or Ethernet network
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN port for connecting a computer, Ethernet hub, or networked printer
- USB 2 port for connecting a USB printer
- 3.5-mm audio minijack for analog or optical digital sound3
Numbers of users:
- 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz; input current: 0.2 amp
- Operating temperature: 32 degrees to 95 degrees F (0 degrees to 35 degrees C)
- Storage temperature: -13degrees to 140 degrees F (-25 degrees to 60 degrees C)
- Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 90%, noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet