Apple TV. Now there's always something good on TV. - Everything you want to see and hear - movies, TV shows, your music, photos, and sports - plays wirelessly on your HDTV via Apple TV.
1080p HD content. - Rent or buy from thousands of movies and buy from thousands of TV episodes in top-quality 1080p HD from the iTunes Store.
AirPlay. - Play content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your HDTV. Watch movies, play music, show off your videos and photos - even show what's on your screen to enjoy games, web pages, and more.
Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, MLB, NBA, NHL, and more. - Play movies and TV shows from Netflix, browse videos from YouTube and Vimeo, and see live MLB, NBA, and NHL games, scores, stats, and more.
- Processor - Apple single-core A5 chip
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies and buying TV shows
- Netflix account for streaming Netflix content
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
Ports and Interfaces
- Optical audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
Wireless - Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Operating temperature: 32? to 95? F (0? to 35? C)
- Storage temperature: -4? to 113? F (-20? to 45? C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
Power - Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Audio Formats Supported - HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
Photo Formats - JPEG, GIF, TIFF
TV Compatibility - Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse