Expect everything. From a notebook that weighs almost nothing.
With the latest Intel Core i5 processor, up to 60 percent faster graphics, and faster flash storage, MacBook Air packs a lot of features into an astonishing 2.38 pounds.
New Intel Core i5 processor. A big shift in power.
Integrating a faster processor, more powerful graphics, and a memory controller into a single chip makes for some serious performance. The new Intel HD Graphics 4000 offers up to 60 percent faster graphics - performance you'll really notice in the games you play, the movies you watch, and the FaceTime calls you make. And MacBook Air now supports up to 8GB of memory, so you can run more memory-intensive applications without compromising performance.
Faster all-flash storage. Even more instant gratification.
Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it's designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data and gives you instant-on capability. Available up to 512GB, this next-generation flash storage is up to 4x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive and faster than the previous-generation MacBook Air. So when you flip open MacBook Air, it starts up in seconds. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life. Apps launch quickly. And with no moving parts, flash storage stays quiet.
Long-lasting battery. Instant on. Even after a month off.
Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos, and watching videos. Get up to 5 hours of battery life on a single charge. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. And with Power Nap - a new feature coming this summer in OS X Mountain Lion - you'll continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while MacBook Air is asleep. When it's connected to a power source, it can download software updates and make backups with Time Machine. So when you come back to your MacBook Air and open it up, it's on in an instant. And everything is right there waiting for you.
Thunderbolt and USB 3. Make some powerful connections.
With the lightning-fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that's not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and access a pipeline that's up to 10 times faster than USB 2. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation.
Wireless. You're free to go.
Your MacBook Air finds available Wi-Fi networks automatically and lets you connect with just a click. So you can browse the web, send email, and print documents no matter where you are. And with Bluetooth technology, you can connect MacBook Air to Bluetooth-enabled devices like speakers and headphones. Even without all the wires, you're totally connected.
Display and camera. Worth a second look. And a third. And a fourth.
Millions of pixels. Millimeters thin.
Corner to corner and pixel by pixel, the MacBook Air display is both an engineering feat and a design breakthrough. The display measures a mere 4.86 millimeters (0.19 inch) thin, yet the resolution is so high, you'll feel like you're looking at a much larger screen. And with good reason. The 11-inch MacBook Air features a resolution equal to that of a typical 13-inch notebook.
720p FaceTime HD camera.
Clearly, it's a big deal.
Let your friends and family see more of you with the new 720p FaceTime HD camera. With three times the resolution of the previous FaceTime camera, every smile looks a lot brighter. And the widescreen format means everyone can fit into the picture without having to crowd around the display.
Multi-Touch trackpad. It goes hand in hand with OS X.
The Multi-Touch gestures in OS X make everything you do on MacBook Air more intuitive, direct, and fun. And the spacious Multi-Touch trackpad is perfectly designed for them, whether it's a three-finger swipe to activate Mission Control or a four-finger pinch to see all your apps in Launchpad. Gesture responses are smooth and realistic. So when you're scrolling up and down a web page or swiping from one full-screen app to another, it's almost like you're touching what you're seeing.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, 1280 by 720, and 1024 by 576 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio
- 64GB flash storage
- 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Battery and Power
- Up to 5 hours wireless web
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 35-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50? to 95? F (10? to 35? C)
- Storage temperature: -13? to 113? F (-24? to 45? C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- OS X Lion: Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- iLife: Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Limited Warranty and Service
- Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer's purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.