First glance says it all: The PowerShot E1 and you are going to get along just great. After all, you love color that dares to surprise. And nothing delights you more than style that makes you smile. The PowerShot E1 goes everyplace you go...to parties, to the beach, far away and to fabulous times right around the corner. Every moment matters when you've got a camera that couldn't be cleverer. Or cooler.
New series with pastel colored cameras that are packed with a 10.0 Megapixel resolution, powerful 4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer to reduce blurry images caused by camera shake.
Let's discover which camera will suit you - you're the dreamy glow of Blue, the sophisticated allure of White, or the girlish charms of Pink. Color is so personal...but hi-tech excitement is pure Canon. The PowerShot E1 introduces you to a new level of performance with 10.0-megapixels for exceptional image quality, a powerful 4x Optical Zoom that makes everything up close and unforgettable, and an advanced Optical Image Stabilizer that puts a non-stop life in sharp focus.
Stand out from the crowd with this hip new design with customized menu color, shutter sounds and welcome screen.
The PowerShot E1 has the savviest fashion sense. It's as hands-on as a matching wrist strap. And as eye-opening as a Startup Screen custom designed for each color. Follow your whims and see how easy it is to change the look of the Menu...even the sounds of the shutter. Self-expression is the irresistible welcome of the PowerShot E1. It's the joy of design that happens to take performance pretty seriously.
DIGIC III Image Processor with Genuine Canon Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB sets the focus, exposure, flash and white balance automatically so you always capture the perfect face.
With DIGIC III, your images boast superior quality, the camera operates at top efficiency and battery life is enhanced. What's more, DIGIC III enables Canon's Face Detection, Motion Detection Technologies and Red-eye Correction to give you better, more true-to-life people shots. Simply press the shutter button halfway down, and the camera automatically pinpoints the faces in the scene and chooses the ideal focus point. The camera controls exposure settings and flash to keep every face looking bright and natural. The camera also selects and sets the optimal exposure and ISO settings automatically to keep everything looking sharp and clear. Red-eye Correction can be handled in-camera, in two ways. The Red-eye Correction during shooting uses the Face Detection Technology to recognize and remove red-eye from images as they're taken, before the file is written to the memory card. It's also possible to correct red-eye during image playback, using simple settings in the PowerShot E1's menu.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the fast DIGIC III Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
DIGIC III features Face Detection technologies, giving you the best possible results in any shooting situation. Face Detection AF/AE sets the focus point and exposure for the faces of your subjects. Face Detection FE adjusts the flash to correctly illuminate your subject to provide the best balance between your subject and the overall scene, eliminating the common problems of over and underexposed faces.
Face Detection WB means the camera concentrates upon faces when calculating white balance for the best possible skin tones. Face Select and Track lets you highlight one face among several in a scene, and the camera concentrates on that person, even as they move around the scene. Face Detection Technology is a powerful contributing factor in Canon's Motion Detection Technology.
Simply press the Face Selector Button, then the selected face is double-framed and tracked when the face moves in the frame.
Life doesn't give you second chances to capture special times. That's why the PowerShot E1 features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater shooting flexibility.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures.
1) The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The E1 can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
Easy Mode and Easy Playback mode for peace of mind shooting and simplified operation.
When you're taking pictures, the only thing you want to think about is your subject. That's why the PowerShot E1 is equipped with Canon's Easy Mode that works in the background to handle all the technical details for you. Now you can relax and concentrate on choosing just the right angle, capturing the perfect expression, framing your shot perfectly. To make showing off your images just as carefree, the E1 features the new Easy Playback mode that makes viewing single images and slideshows on the camera effortless-even if you're new to digital photography!
With 17 Shooting Modes including 8 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way:
Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions.
- Auto - The camera chooses all the settings so you can concentrate on your subject.
- Easy - Keep the image quality as high as possible for fail-proof images.
- P Program - Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Portrait - The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
- Indoor - Reduce blur and improve color accuracy when shooting handheld indoors.
- Kids & Pets - Reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
- Night Snapshot - Get natural-looking pictures with brighter backgrounds and subjects lit by flash.
- Movie - Shoot in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps/30 fps LP) and QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour or 4GB per clip, or QQVGA (160 x 120 at 15 fps) for up to 3 minutes per clip.
Special Scene Modes
- Night Scene - For impressive sunset or nightlife shots, the camera properly exposes the background and uses slow-sync flash for the subject.
- Foliage - Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Beach - Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Sunset - Capture stunning sunsets with all the dazzle and impact.
- Fireworks - Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Aquarium - Achieve proper flash-free exposure and natural hues at indoor aquariums.
- ISO 3200 - Expands the user's ability to shoot in dark settings without using the flash.
Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print with select PIXMA Photo Printers and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers.
The PowerShot E1's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the E1 to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows and Macintosh).
Print your own ID photos in 28 different sizes* or use the Movie Print function to output multiple stills from a recorded movie on a single sheet with a Canon SELPHY Compact All-In-One Printers.