See the World Widely and Capture Everything You See.
It's so easy to capture the magic of every moment when the SD880 IS Digital ELPH comes along for the ride. There's a terrific sense of creative options for your photographic sense with a wide range of shooting modes and a wide-angle 28mm lens - all because your camera sees the world without limits. Of course, it's a stylish point of view from a camera that merges up-to-the-moment performance with the art of impeccable design.
Trendy and slick 10.0 Megapixel camera expands the Digital ELPH line to allow greater freedom when editing and printing.
With the PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH camera's 10.0 megapixels of imaging power, you've got a passport to unsurpassed image quality and versatility. Go ahead, enlarge pictures bigger than ever before without worrying about the image quality. And look forward to much more creative flexibility when you're cropping and printing. The SD880 IS Digital ELPH may be ultra-slim and sculpture-sleek, but its focus is on the power of visual impact.
4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer plus a 28mm wide-angle lens gets you up close and personal to your subjects as well as capture more in your frame.
When it's time to take a closer look, the PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH features a 4x Optical Zoom and advanced Optical Image Stabilizer, greatly minimizing camera shake and maximizing the brilliance of every detail. And Canon's precision 28 mm wide-angle lens lets you capture more in every frame, so everyone fits in a family gathering shot.
The SD880 IS Digital ELPH camera's wide-angle zoom lens reaches all the way from 28mm at the wide end to 112mm at the telephoto end (35mm format equivalent). You'll capture more image in every shot, and add greater depth to your overall photography.
Large high-quality 3.0-inch PureColor LCD II for bright, accurate color with wide viewing angle and an anti-glare, anti-scratch coating.
The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH gives you a large 3.0-inch LCD screen for excellent control when framing your shots. Canon's PureColor LCD II offers spectacular color, resolution and contrast even when viewed at an angle. The screen is highly durable and easy to see in any light with a scratch-resistant, anti-reflective coating. It also features Night Display for easy viewing in low light - a perfect feature for gathering friends and family around to see your images.
New DIGIC 4 Image Processor improves Face Detection, adds Servo AF, Face Detection Self-Timer and Intelligent Contrast Correction for greater flexibility.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Canon's proprietary DIGIC Image Processors have long set its cameras apart from the competition, and the new DIGIC 4 sets the bar even higher. Faster, more accurate noise reduction delivers better image quality, even at high ISO speeds.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 Image Processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
A new Face Self-Timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include photographer's face in a group shot, there's no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, and specify Face Self-Timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer's face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection now tracks moving subjects in a much larger range, and the new Servo AF retains focus on a moving subject after the shutter button is pressed halfway - allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing. Also, Face Detection and Motion Detection are markedly improved.
Intelligent Contrast Correction
DIGIC 4 also makes possible the new i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot SD880 IS can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures.
1) The Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The SD880 IS can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
Life doesn't give you second chances to capture special times. That's why the SD880 IS features ISO 1600 and High ISO Auto settings that reduce the effects of camera shake and sharpen subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater shooting flexibility. ISO can be expanded to 3200 when you select ISO 3200 Special Scene mode.
A wide range of shooting modes to capture anything.
Now you're free to concentrate on what really counts - your subject. All you have to do is turn to the setting that best matches the scene you're viewing through the lens. The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH does the rest. It chooses the perfect exposure, aperture and flash. You've got Special Scenes Modes to handle a wide range of common shooting situations - effortlessly.
With 19 Shooting Modes including 16 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way.
Print/Share Button for easy direct printing and downloading, plus ID Photo Print and Movie Print with select PIXMA Photo Printers and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers.
The PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH's Print/Share button makes direct printing easier than ever. Simply connect the SD880 IS to a Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or SELPHY Compact Photo Printer or any PictBridge compatible photo printer, press the lighted Print/Share button and print! Also use the Print/Share button to transfer images to a computer (Windows and Macintosh).
Type of Camera
- Type of Camera: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical/4x Digital/16x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
Image Capture Device
- Type: 10.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Total Pixels: Approx. 10.3 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- Focal Length: 5.0-20.0mm f/2.8-5.8 (35mm film equivalent: 28-112mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal: 1.6 ft./50cm-infinity
- Macro: 0.8 in.-1.6 ft./2-50cm (W), 1.0-1.6 ft./30-50cm (T)
- Digital Macro: 0.8 in. - 1.6 ft./2-50cm (W)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
Viewfinder & Monitor
- Viewfinder: None
- LCD Monitor: 3.0-inch TFT color LCD with wide viewing angle (PureColor LCD II)
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 230,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - f/5.8 (T)
- Shutter Speed: 15-1/1600 sec.; Long Shutter operates with noise reduction when manually set at 1.3-15 sec.
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto, ISO 80/100/200/400/800/1600 equivalent (Standard output sensitivity. Recommended exposure index)
- Light Metering Method: Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
* Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF
** Metering frame is fixed to the center
- Exposure Control Method: Program AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock
- Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control: Auto,* Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H), Custom
*Control to incorporate facial brightness in Face Detection AF
- Built-in Flash: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Auto Red-eye Correction, Flash On, Flash Off; FE lock, Slow Synchro
- Flash Range: 1.0-13.8 ft./30cm-4.2m (W), 1.0-6.6 ft./30cm-2.0m (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: N/A
- Shooting Modes: Auto, P, Special Scene (Portrait, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater, ISO 3200, Indoor, Kids & Pets, Night Snapshot), Color Accent, Color Swap, Digital Macro, Stitch Assist), Movie
- Photo Effects: My Colors - Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom
- Self-Timer: Activates shutter after an approx. 2-sec./10-sec. delay, Face Self-Timer, Custom
- Wireless Control: N/A
- Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.4 fps
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format: Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Image Compression: Normal, Fine, SuperFine
- JPEG Compression Mode:
- Still Image: Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- Movie: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Monaural))
- Number of Recording Pixels:
- Still Image: 3,648 x 2,736 (Large), 2,816 x 2,112 (Medium 1), 2,272 x 1,704 (Medium 2), 1,600 x 1,200 (Medium 3/Date Stamp), 640 x 480 (Small), 3,648 x 2,048 (Widescreen)
- Movie: 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps) available up to 4GB or 60 minutes per clip
- Playback Modes File:
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Colors, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Index (9 thumbnails), Sound Memos, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, i-Contrast
- Movie: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Erase Modes:
- Still Image: single image, select range, select by date, select by category, select by folder, all images
- Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Video Out: NTSC/PAL
- Audio Out: Monaural
- Other: Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- Power Source:
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery NB-5L
- AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30 (optional)
- Shooting Capacity: Still Image: approx. 310 shots* * LCD screen on. The above figures comply with CIPA testing standards and apply when fully-charged batteries are used.
- Playback Time: Approx. 420 min.
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 degrees F/0-40 degrees
- Operating Humidity: 10-90%
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 3.69 x 2.24 x 0.93 in./93.8 x 56.8 x 23.6mm
- Weight: Approx. 5.47 oz./155g (camera body only)