The Canon VIXIA HF11 Dual Flash Memory camcorder is light, compact and delivers stunning video with the ease and convenience of Flash Memory. It's the same technology found in innovative electronic products including laptop computers, MP3 players, PDAs and cell phones. With Dual Flash Memory, you can record to both the camcorder's large 32GB internal memory for up to 12 hours of crisp, high definition video (LP Mode) as well as to a removable SDHC card. You have extended available recording space and more flexibility with file transfer and playback.
What's more, you can record at up to 24Mbps, the highest bit rate in AVCHD format, for the highest quality image with the VIXIA HF11's Canon Exclusive features - such as the Genuine Canon 12x HD video zoom lens, Canon's 3.3 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor and advanced DIGIC DV II Image Processor, SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Instant AutoFocus, and our 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD. This is a Flash Memory camcorder packed with features and unmistakably Canon.
Dual Flash Memory: 32GB internal Flash drive and SDHC Card Slot
What makes the VIXIA HF11 stand out in the category of Flash Memory camcorders is its dual memory capability. You can capture video on both the camcorder's 32GB internal Flash drive as well as directly to an SDHC memory card.
Video stored on the internal memory can also be copied onto the memory card which can then be inserted into your computer or HDTV's card reader slot for immediate viewing. It is also possible to transfer still images recorded to the SDHC card to the built-in memory.
Ultra-Sleek, Compact and Lightweight Design
The VIXIA HF11 is Canon's latest AVCHD (Advanced Video Codec High Definition) format Flash Memory camcorder, recording true 1080 high definition resolution video.*
An advantage of the AVCHD format is that it captures twice as much video using less storage, which enhances the extended recording time possible with Flash Memory. You can record up to 12 hours in LP mode, and an impressive 2 hours 55 minutes in the highest quality MXP mode to the internal Flash drive and memory card.
Making this new technology even more convenient to use is the VIXIA HF11's compact size and lightweight design. Measuring only 2.9" wide, 2.5" high and 5.1" deep, and weighing in at only 13.4 ounces, it combines its large video storage capacity in a small, easy to carry body.
* 1920 x 1080 movie recording requires a Class 4 or higher memory card. For other recording formats, a Class 2 or higher card is recommended. Also, movie recording requires cards with 128 MB of memory or more. Cards made by Toshiba, SanDisk or Matsushita are recommended. No particular restrictions apply for still images.
Genuine Canon 12x HD Video Lens
For over 70 years Canon has been producing exceptional photographic lenses that are synonymous with unsurpassed optical performance. Because of Genuine Canon Optics, every Canon broadcast lens, 35mm film camera, digital camera and camcorder assures brilliant optical quality - and the VIXIA HF11 is no exception.
The VIXIA HF11 comes with an outstanding high definition video lens - a Genuine Canon 12x HD Video Lens. It's the lens you need to record long shots of your child on the soccer field, wide shots of beautiful landscapes, and everything in-between. And because it comes with four zoom speeds, three pre-set and one variable, you always get smooth, steady, professional looking zoom shots.
Super Spectra Coating technology results in images with minimal flare and ghosting. Plus, the lens' aspheric design reduces aberration and increases resolution, ensuring crisp, sharp video and enhancing the HD image quality. Not only that, but a gradation neutral density (ND) system gives you better exposures in bright shooting situations.
In addition, for those times when you need to get a particular shot from a very long distance, this flexible lens also has a 200x digital zoom.
Canon Exclusive: DIGIC DV II Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC DV II Image Processor is the next generation of Canon's exclusive DIGIC DV signal processing technology. Designed specifically for HD, DIGIC DV II ensures optimal image quality for video and still images even though video and photos have different color requirements. DIGIC DV II is just another one of Canon's advanced technologies that makes the VIXIA HF11 an exceptional performer.
Thanks to Canon DIGIC DV II image processing, the VIXIA HF11 produces video with improved color reproduction - especially in skin tones, and dark and light scenes. It also uses a hybrid noise reduction system that employs two types of noise reduction - for high definition images that are crystal clear.
Plus, the Canon DIGIC DV II Image Processor features improved continuous shooting of digital photographs with the VIXIA HF11. You can shoot five (3.1 Megapixel) still images per second, and enjoy faster processing of your images to your memory card (1.4x normal card; 2.5x Hi Speed card). It also helps lower power consumption for longer battery life.
1920 x 1080 Full HD Recording
The Canon VIXIA HF11 not only captures images in Full HD, but records and outputs at 1920 x 1080* as well, so you get Full HD from lens to screen. Your memories are preserved in stunning clarity, and ready for playback on your HDTV. With the advanced codec in the VIXIA HF11, you can also record at the highest AVCHD bitrate of 24Mbps.
*A Class 4 or higher SDHC memory card is required. For other recording formats, a Class 2 or higher card is recommended. Also, movie recording requires cards with 128 MB of memory or more. Cards made by Toshiba, SanDisk or Matsushita are recommended. No particular restrictions apply for still images.
Canon Exclusive: SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
The high-resolution images of high definition video demand a steady hand. It's easier to get those clear, steady images with the VIXIA HF11, thanks to Canon's innovative SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization. It combines gyro and image sensors to give image stabilization through a wider range of camera motions. Some image stabilization systems correct one type of camera motion or vibration better than another. But Canon's SuperRange OIS corrects for a wide range of camcorder motion: the fast vibration you'd experience while recording from a moving car; the medium-speed motion of hand-held recording; and the slower motion of body sway. No matter what you're recording and how you're recording it, the VIXIA HF11's stabilization design corrects camcorder shake instantly. SuperRange OIS also delivers steady images when shooting at long focal lengths.
In addition, optical stabilization keeps your shot steady without a loss in image quality - something that can't be said for electronic image stabilization. And optical image stabilization isn't just for video; you can even use it for taking sharper, clearer digital photographs with your VIXIA HF11. Thanks to Canon's expertise, it's easy to eliminate one of the telltale signs of amateur video and photography.
Canon Exclusive: Instant AF (AutoFocus)
Another critical objective when shooting in high definition is achieving a very sharp focus. The VIXIA HF11 camcorder features Canon's revolutionary Instant AF focusing system which offers a dramatic improvement in auto focus speed and accuracy (compared to traditional auto focus systems). The Instant AF feature uses an external sensor, in combination with Canon's auto focus system, to help significantly decrease the time it takes to find focus, even in low light conditions. This system achieves focus instantaneously, reducing focus "hunting." The benefits of Instant AF are especially seen in high brightness and night shooting situations. With Instant AF, it's possible to capture fast, accurate focusing, even when following a moving subject.
And because a properly focused subject is more critical than ever with HD, the VIXIA HF11 also features Focus Assist for achieving sharp images when Manual Focusing. This helps in capturing your subject in razor sharp focus. It works by providing a 2x magnification of your subject. It's a feature normally found in professional broadcast-quality cameras. (When you start recording, this assistance is automatically cancelled.)
The 24Mbps recording capability of the VIXIA HF11 gives you the highest quality AVCHD video possible. You'll see enhanced detail, finer gradations of tones and improved reproduction of moving subjects. Video shot by the VIXIA HF11 of fast-moving sporting events, multi-color butterflies on a variegated leaf or the shading of a brilliant sunset will be remarkable.
24p Cinema Mode
24p Cinema Mode enables all aspiring moviemakers to achieve a professional "film-look." You can change the camcorder's frame capture rate to 24p (recorded at 60i), which provides the appearance of the same frame rate as movie film. In addition, you can use the VIXIA HF11's CINEMA setting, which changes the color and tonal characteristics, evoking the look and feel of a movie shown in a theater. For added flexibility, these settings can be used together or independently.
30p Progressive Mode
This is a unique feature that only Canon offers in the consumer camcorder market (as of August 2008). You would otherwise have to look to professional video cameras in order to have this sophisticated tool at your command. In addition to the standard interlaced video frame rate of 60i, you may choose to set the VIXIA HF11 to capture video in 30p (30 progressive frames, recorded at 60i) which is particularly useful for footage to be used on the Internet. In addition, this setting gives enhanced quality to still images captured after recording. It's also excellent for action shots and sports.
Canon Exclusive: 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
The 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD on the VIXIA HF11 lets you see more of what your camcorder is recording. Using a hard coat Anti-Reflection surface and improved color reproduction, the scene in the viewfinder is a more accurate indication of what you're capturing in the camcorder. An added benefit of this Canon Exclusive is the wider range of viewing angle possible with this new LCD screen. With less glare and deeper contrasts, groups of people can gather around it and see the image displayed more clearly than ever before.
Superb Shooting Control
- Variable Zoom Speed Control - Another sure sign of amateur video is the unsteady zoom shot. But with the VIXIA HF11's zoom control, you simply select one of the four zoom speeds (three pre-set, one variable) for smooth, steady, professional looking zooms.
- Level and Grid Markers - With the Level Marker feature, it's easy to keep your camera level for more professional looking video. Line up any horizontal lines in your shot - such as the horizon - to the marker and you can be sure your camcorder is level.
- Simulated image - The VIXIA HF11's Grid Marker feature lets you compose your shot accurately, according to the grid in your viewfinder. You can even choose from two different colors for the grid. This ensures that you see the grid, no matter what the background color of your shot is.
- Program AE Mode - For the best exposure for various situations, the VIXIA HF11's Program AE mode will automatically adjust the settings to compensate for the conditions and subject. Choose from Portrait, Sports, Night, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight and Fireworks. You won't have to guess if you're capturing all the action just the way you want it, the VIXIA HF11 will do it for you.
- Quick Start - Never miss a quickly unfolding shot again. Push the Quick Start button between shots -it places the VIXIA HF11 in standby mode. When the action starts, push the Quick Start button again to begin recording in less than one second. You'll also help extend your battery life compared with leaving the camcorder in regular recording mode.
- Low Light Performance - Some of the most magical shots are taken at the end of the day or long after the sun has set. You won't miss any of them, thanks to the VIXIA HF11's mini video light. The light lets you shoot subjects in color and in low light from up to 4.9 feet away. So, whether it's a shot of a sleeping baby, or a dramatic skyline at night, the VIXIA HF11 captures all the moments you want to record.
- Manual Audio Level Control - To make your videos sound as good as they look, the VIXIA HF11 offers a built-in audio meter and manual audio level adjustment. You'll be able to tell at a glance if the sound you're hearing is being recorded the way you want it and a simple control allows you to change the audio level if it's not.
- DVD Burner Compatible - You can also easily burn DVDs of the video shot with your VIXIA HF11 as it is compatible with Canon's new DW-100 DVD Burner. A one cable connection is all it takes to send the files across and with the click of a few buttons, your videos will be burned to an AVCHD disc for play in a compatible DVD player.
Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe Terminal
Another pro-level feature of the VIXIA HF11 is the Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe on the camcorder. At about half the size of Canon's Advanced Accessory Shoe, this feature allows you to attach available Canon optional accessories, such as the VL-5 accessory video light or DM-100 directional stereo microphone. Using the proper accessories can greatly enhance the production values of the video you shoot.
Intelligent Lithium-ion Battery
The Intelligent Lithium-ion battery which powers the VIXIA HF11 is a major advance. It not only more accurately tracks remaining battery life, it also gives a display in minutes remaining. It will allow you to better plan your shooting, so you won't be caught out with a battery that suddenly goes from "half" to "empty." It is especially useful thanks to the long recording time capability of the VIXIA HF11- you'll be able to take full advantage of it and not miss any of the action you want to capture.
Capture Razor-Sharp 3.1 Megapixel Photos to SDHC Memory Card
The VIXIA HF11 has many advanced photo features which make it a camera that rivals many of today's state-of-the-art digital cameras. Recording to an SDHC memory card, you get the best in both video and photos.
- 3.1 Megapixel Photos - The same Canon exclusive CMOS image sensor that ensures sharp, vivid HD video also gives you brilliant digital photographs. Like the CMOS image sensors in Canon's EOS Series digital SLR cameras, the VIXIA HF11's image sensor results in outstanding digital photographs. It gives an impressive resolution of 3.1 megapixels for sharp, crisp still images.
- Canon DIGIC DV II Image Processor - Canon's exclusive DIGIC DV II Image Processor features improved continuous shooting of digital photographs with the VIXIA HF11. You can shoot 5 (3.1 megapixel) still images per second, and enjoy faster processing of your images to your memory card (1.4x normal card; 2.5x Hi Speed card).
- Focus Features - Auto Intelligent Auto Focus (AiAF) ensures sharp images and gives creative flexibility. Even when your subject isn't in the center of the frame, the VIXIA HF11's 9 Point AiAF will automatically select from 9 metering frames on the screen to help bring images into sharp focus.
- Auto Exposure Modes - Like any good digital still camera, the VIXIA HF11 lets you choose from a range of exposure modes. Auto mode automatically sets the exposure, letting you concentrate on your subject. AV (aperture priority) mode lets you control depth of field by letting you choose the aperture. TV (shutter priority) mode lets you select the shutter speed for sharp, action shots. In P (program) mode, the camcorder adjusts camera settings automatically.
- Program AE Mode - Your life happens everywhere, so the VIXIA HF11 gives you settings that automatically result in the best exposure settings for different conditions and different subjects.
- Portrait mode ensures shallow depth of field for a pleasing background in your shots of friends and family. Sports mode stops the action with faster shutter speeds. Night mode is designed to give you great shots after the sun goes down. Snow and Beach modes compensate for bright surroundings and give you the proper exposure on your subject. Sunset mode results in vibrant, well-exposed colors for one of the toughest subjects to capture properly. Use Spotlight mode when your child is on stage and in the spotlight - literally - and you want to make sure the exposure is right for them. And, Fireworks mode records brilliant images of another tough subject: the holiday fireworks display.
- Simultaneous Photo Recording - With the VIXIA HF11, you can record HD video and capture a 2 megapixel photo to a memory card - simultaneously. Simply press the photo button and you've got an e-mail ready digital photo to share with friends and family.
- Histogram Display - For the advanced digital photographer, the VIXIA HF11 comes with a Histogram Display - a feature found in Canon's line of digital SLR cameras. The display allows you to see the brightness information of your still images, so you can adjust your exposures as you shoot.
- Level and Grid Markers - With the Level Marker feature, it's easy to keep your camera level for more professional looking photographs. Line up any horizontal lines in your shot - such as the horizon - to the marker and you can be sure your camcorder is level.
- The VIXIA HF11's Grid Marker feature lets you compose your shot accurately, according to the grid in your viewfinder. You can even choose from two different colors for the grid. This ensures that you see the grid, no matter what the background color of your shot is.
- Still Capture from Flash Memory - The versatile VIXIA HF11 even lets you capture a still image from an already recorded movie. While playing the movie in your camcorder, simply press the photo button to capture a 2.07 megapixel 16:9 still frame onto an SDHC card or to built-in memory. It's another way the VIXIA HF11 lets you enjoy and share your precious memories.
- Built-in Flash - Your VIXIA HF11's built-in flash lets you capture superb photos indoors and in low light conditions. The VIXIA HF11 also features red eye reduction.
- Share Your Photos - Your VIXIA HF11 comes with features that make it simple to share your still photos.
- Print/Share - Print/Share turns your VIXIA HF11 into a photo lab in the palm of your hand. Simply connect your camcorder directly to select Canon printers or any PictBridge-compatible printer with the supplied USB cable. Then, with a simple touch of the Print/Share button, print directly from your VIXIA HF11 without going through a computer. Print/Share also makes it easy to transfer your still images to your computer. Simply connect your VIXIA HF11 and your computer, press the Print/Share button and your photos are downloaded to your computer.
- DVD Burner Compatible - You can also easily burn DVDs of your still photos taken with your VIXIA HF11 as it is compatible with Canon's new DW-100 DVD Burner. A one-cable connection is all it takes to send the files across and, with the click of a few buttons, your photos are ready to share with all.
With the VIXIA HF11, sharing your high definition video on your HD television is easier than ever. Only a single cable connects your camcorder to your TV for the highest quality playback (video and audio).
Microphone Terminal with Manual Audio Level Control
The VIXIA HF11 allows you to enhance the quality of your audio by using the optional accessory Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone to capture better sound and headphones to monitor the audio as you hear it. Manual control of audio levels also lets you set the exact balance you need for the situation. Your videos will sound as good as they look.
Includes Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Software
The Canon VIXIA HF11 high definition camcorder is bundled with a powerful software suite, Pixela ImageMixer 3SE. You can easily perform a variety of functions, including AVCHD Editing in which you can trim, reorder, and combine scenes, as well as add music, titles, and transitions. This software also allows you to play your AVCHD movies on your computer and will also let you share copies of your movie with friends and family through Flash Memory to hard drive copying. Transfer and store your movie onto your computer's hard drive with the software and easily convert your high definition video to standard definition video as well.
This software will also assist you in converting video to the optimum resolution for transmission over the Internet.
With the Pixela ImageMixer 3SE Software, you can burn an AVCHD* DVD** or standard definition DVD to relive the memories on your TV.
* High Definition footage in the AVCHD format can be copied onto DVD media with included software. However, DVD media containing AVCHD footage should be used in AVCHD compatible players otherwise the DVD player may fail to eject the media and may erase its contents without warning.
**Blu-Ray DVD burner required.
*** The bundled application is compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- The Built-in Electronic Lens Cover means you never have to go looking for your lens cover again. Turn your camcorder on and the lens cover automatically opens. Turn it off, and the cover closes.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Terminal for ultra-fast transfer of movies and photos.
- New Compatible Optional Accessories available including the Wide Converter WD-H37 II, Video Light VL-5 and High Capacity Battery Pack BP-827.
- Wireless Remote Control lets you operate your VIXIA HF11 from a distance, so you don't have to be left out of the picture.
- 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty provides protection long after other manufacturers' warranties expire.