Ready-to-fly Aerial Filming Rig with GoPro Mount
DJI's Phantom quadcopter is the gear of choice for next-generation filmmakers, extreme sports enthusiasts and R/C hobbyists. Despite all the advanced functions, it's easy to learn, so if you've never before owned an outdoor helicopter, this is the place to start. With innovative features such as Intelligent Orientation Control, automatic navigation back to home and a sleek, integrated design, see for yourself why the Phantom is the rig used by pros and beginners alike.
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
At the flip of a switch, you can change the Phantom from flying relative to its front and back to flying relative to a home point, allowing you to perform sweeping camera motions without losing track of how to make your Phantom go in the intended direction. This innovation is made possible by the Naza-M autopilot and needs to be turned on before using. Using the included USB cable and downloadable Naza Assistant software, you can enable IOC and other advanced functions.
GoPro Camera Mount
The Phantom includes a GoPro mounting case from DJI and holes for the standard GoPro housing (shown at left with the GoPro Hero3+, not included). Tip: use the GoPro's onboard video rotation (flip) setting to adjust for the upside down mounting position.
Special Start Sequence
Simultaneously hold the LEFT joystick to the lower-RIGHT while holding the RIGHT joystick to the lower LEFT. Both joysticks should be pointing down and toward each other. The Phantom's motors will then start and you can let the joysticks return to their center positions. Gently power up the motors for take-off and you're flying! To stop the motors, hold the left joystick all the way to the bottom.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you're flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom's remote control.
- Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
- The Phantom's high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).