Small Footprint And Business Quality Printing Right From Your Tablet Or Smartphone
Print from more locations than ever with the MX492 thanks to outstanding connectivity options and the ability to place the printer more places than ever with it's 30 percent reduction in size over previous MX models. With Google Cloud Print (2) and AirPrint (1) , you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It's loaded with timesaving features, as well, including a fully-integrated automatic document feeder which holds up to 20 sheets. Plus, the optional XL ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
Another great feature of the PIXMA MX492 is My Image Garden (7) software. My Image Garden puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print (13), in one convenient software application. It helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition.
Speed & Quality
- High Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi (3) produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
- FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl.
- 4 Color Cartridge System: Integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit for easy replacement.
- Borderless Photos: Print a beautiful, borderless 4" x 6" photo in approximately 70 seconds. (5,12)
- Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 8.8 images per minute (ipm) for black and 4.4 images per minute (ipm) for color. (4)
Ease of Use
- Fully-Integrated, 20-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time.
- My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Special Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more! (7)
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM: An exclusive service for users of genuine Canon inks, offering access to photos, templates and more. (8)
- Quiet Mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
- Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves it with the suitable settings. (9)
- PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS): PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) lets you print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free PPS app. (11)
- AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - no drivers needed! (1)
- Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose. (2)
- Mopria: Easily print from your Mopria (20) enabled Android smartphone - drivers built-in.
- Super G3 Fax: The high speed business fax (14) standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 19 coded speed dials and memory for up to 50 incoming pages. (16)
- Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
- Print Speed (up to): 4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 70 seconds (4,5)
- Print Speed (Approx): Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm (4,5), Color:ESAT: Approx. 4.4 ipm (4,5)
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280
- Picoliter Size (color): 2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to): Color:Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (3), Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi (3)
- Paper Sizes: 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Automatic Sheet Feeder 100 Sheets, ADF: 20 Sheets
- Printer Features: AirPrint (1), Borderless Printing (12), Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print (13), Special Filters, Google Cloud Print (2), My Image Garden (7), Photo Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions (11), Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing (10)
- Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper;
- Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
- Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
- Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
- Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
- Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
- PG-245XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
- Copy Speed (up to): ESAT: Color: 3.6 ipm (4)
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400%
- Copy Features: Auto Document Feeder (ADF), AE (Auto Exposure) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Preset Copy Ratios, Frame Erase Copy, Zoom
- Scanning Element: Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions: 1200 x 2400 dpi (Optical), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated), ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
- Scanner Features: Auto Scan Mode (9), Network Scan, Push Scan, PDF Password Security, Push Scan, Send to Cloud
- Color Depth: 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size: Flatbed: 8x5" x 11.7", ADF: 8.5" x 14"
- Modem Speed 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX) (14)
- Transmission Speed (approx.) Black: Approx. 3 sec per page (15)
- Color: Approx. 1 min per page (15)
- Memory Capacity Approx. 50 Pages (16)
- Group Dialing 19 Locations
- Fax Features: Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Num?ber Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
Computer Operating Systems:
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (17)
- Windows 7 SP1
- Window Vista SP1
- Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit (17)
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 - v10.10 (17)
Mobile Operating Systems:
- Windows RT (17)
- Other Features: Full Dot Matrix LCD, Access Point Mode, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Fully Integrated Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing (10)
- Standard Interface Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) (10), Hi-Speed USB
- Dimension (W x D x H) 17.2" (W) x 11.7" (D) x 7.5" (H)
- Weight 17.2 lbs.
- Warranty 1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free technical phone support. (19)
(1) AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
(2) Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
(3) Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
(4) ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See Canon for more details.
(5) Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage. See Canon for additional information.
(6) Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
(7) To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
(8) CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
(9) For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC."
(10) Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
(11) Requires an Internet connection and the PIXMA Printing Solutions ("PPS") app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 5.1 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
(12) Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
(13) "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
(14) The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
(15) Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
(16) Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
(17) System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
(18) Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 or 10 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 ? 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 ? 10.6.x.
(19) Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See Canon for details.
(20) Mopria functionality requires a Mopria-certified mobile devices with Android 4.4 operating system or later with the Mopria Print Service pre-loaded and a Mopria-enabled printer connected to the same network as your Mopria-certified device. The Mopria experience is also available on Android 4.4 mobile devices with a download of the Mopria Print Service from Google Play.
This Kit Includes:
PG-245 Black Cartridge Fine Ink Cartridge
Canon PG-245 Black ink cartridge provides vibrant print quality and superior reliability/performance for your photos and documents.
Our Price: $24.99
PIXMA MX492 WiFi All-In-One Compact Size Printer Scanner Copier Fax
The MX492 can Print, Scan, Copy, Fax yet it boasts a 30% reduction in size over previous MX models. It is Google Cloud Print and Apple AirPrint compatible and has a Fully-Integrated, 20-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder.
Our Price: $49.99