Beautiful Memories Made Easy
The PowerShot ELPH 135 camera is point-and-shoot ease at its best. Slim and light enough to have ready whenever a special moment might happen, this camera makes it easy to turn any snapshot into a frame-worthy memory. The versatile 8x Optical Zoom lens gives your images lots of variety while helping you capture action from near or far. The 16.0 Megapixel sensor brings high resolution to every detail, while the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor delivers fast performance and beautifully natural color. Shooting is easy in all kinds of situations with Smart AUTO that recognizes 32 scenes and chooses the perfect camera settings for you. Digital IS reduces blur automatically, and a handy Help Button provides easy explanations of settings and options right on the LCD screen.
8x Optical Zoom
The PowerShot ELPH 135 features an 8x Optical Zoom so more shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility that the wide 28?224mm (35mm equivalent) shooting range offers. Plus, the Wide-Angle lens captures expansive image in every shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images are assured to be bright and clear.
16.0 Megapixel sensor
With the PowerShot ELPH 135 camera's 16.0 Megapixels of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 8x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution is ideal for creating the largest prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 135 camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 135, you can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special moments with the family.
Getting that great shot is as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 135 camera. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject and analyzes them using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Live View Control Enables Brightness, Color, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Digital IS The camera digitally corrects image blur by analyzing the subject prior to choosing the best correction method.
- Portrait Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Face Self-timer The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect Now you can get the fisheye effect - a classic photographic distortion - without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Movie Record video; unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
Digital IS beats the blur that mars many shots by recognizing the main subject, then automatically applying the camera shake correction that best suits the situation. If the subject is a person, blur reduction processing is performed. For landscapes, cityscapes and other still scenes, the camera takes 3 quick successive shots and composes them into a single clear image. If the subject is moving, the camera takes 3 successive shots and then automatically saves the clearest image.
Creative Shooting Modes
The PowerShot ELPH 135 provides shooting modes that easily give your shots a distinctly artistic feel without the need for any extra lenses and filters. Super Vivid heightens and saturates colors for eye-popping intensity. Poster Effect eliminates gradations between colors for an illustrative feel. Miniature Effect enhances perspective in a scene, blurring the top and bottom to make it look as if it were created with miniature models. You can also make a quirky portrait using the Fisheye Effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with Monochrome. Toy Camera Effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a "toy" or pinhole camera.
The PowerShot ELPH 135 features ECO Mode to provide more shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. The mode can be activated via a dedicated button for easy power preservation when you are out for the day or the moment is too important to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed so you won't miss the moment.
The PowerShot ELPH 135 camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu any time you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice, and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.