Compact 5.5X DX-format telephoto zoom lens with High Refractive Index lens element and ED glass is Ideal for capturing distant subjects at athletic events, family pictures, dramatic sunsets, travel and more. VR II image stabilization for handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and stable video capture.
5.5X Telephoto Zoom lens
- Angle of view equivalent to a focal length of 82.5 to 450mm in FX/35mmformat D-SLR.
Nikon VR II Image Stabilization
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture.
Tripod Detection Mode
- Reduces vibration that may occur due to shutter release when mounted on a tripod.
HRI (High Refractive Index) Lens Element
- HRI lens element is essential to keeping the lens compact while offering high contrast even at maximum aperture.
2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- Effectively minimizes chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare.
Minimum Focus Distance
- Up to 4.6 feet at all focal lengths
Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas.
- Focal Length - 55-300mm
- Maximum Aperture - f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture - f/22 (at 55mm), f/29 (at 300mm)
- Lens Construction - 17 elements in 11 groups
- High Refractive Index - (HRI) Lens Element 1
- Picture Angle - 28 Degrees 50 -5 Degrees
- Minimum Focus Distance - 1.4 m/4.6 ft (throughout the entire zoom range)
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio - 0.28x
- VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization - Yes. Provides up to 4 stops of compensation
- Advanced Coating - Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- ED (Extra Low Dispersion) Elements - 2
- Focusing - Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus
- Internal Focus (IF) - N/A
- Aperture Control - Via camera Command Dial
- Diaphragm Blades - 9 (rounded)
- Filter Attachment Size - 58mm Screw-on
- Dimensions (diameter x length) - (Approx.) 3.0 x 4.8 in. / 76.5?123 mm
- Weight - (Approx.) 18.7 oz / 580g
- Supplied Accessories - LF-1 Rear Lens Cap; Front Cap, HB-57 Snap-on Type Lens Hood; CL-1020 Soft Lens Case
- Product Number - 2197
This Kit Includes:
2197 - 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX NIKKOR Lens for Nikon Digital SLR
Our Price: $396.95
58mm Hard Lens Hood
Lens Hood Designed to eliminate sunlight distortion in your pictures.
Our Price: $6.49
3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
Protect your camera and lens and take smear free photos. This lens and camera cleaning kit contains the essential items necessary for the proper maintenance and care of your camera and attachment accessories.
Our Price: $6.99
58mm Multicoated UV Protective Filter--offers lens protection & clearer pictures
58mm UV filter - Protects your lens from all dust, dirt, scratches and fingerprints. This basic clear glass filter is a must for every lens.
You never take it off the lens. If you scratch or break the filter, you can easily replace it, save the lens!
Our Price: $6.99
Lens Cap Keeper
The perfect way to keep track of your lens caps. A small button tapes onto the front of your lens cap and the elastic loop goes around the barrell of your lens so that your lens cap always remains attached, hanging from the lens.
Our Price: $3.99