The Luxury of Elegant Power.
Are you looking for a compact digital camera that exudes style and class yet doesn't compromise on performance? Then the ultra-slim PowerShot ELPH 510 HS is for you. Its fashionable, sleek design belies surprising sophistication in technology and shooting power packed inside. Tucked away is a powerful 12x Optical Zoom that gives you an extraordinary range of focal lengths for shooting near to far. 12.1 Megapixels deliver images with amazing detail, making possible large, crisp prints. What you shoot will look great thanks to the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps ensure bright, clear images even in low light. The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS has an advanced 3.2-inch Touch Panel LCD, which adds a modern intuitive interface, making shooting and viewing stills and 1080p Full HD videos easier and more fun. What's more, this amazing camera is available in three chic colors: Red, Black and Silver.
Beautiful and Astonishingly Thin
At a slim 0.86 inches, the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS is the world's thinnest camera with a 28mm Wide-Angle lens, 12x Optical Zoom, and Optical Image Stabilizer. Its stylish form is enhanced by its lustrous finish, which gives you a choice of three refined colors: Red, Black and Silver. But real beauty goes beyond skin deep with the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS. Amazingly, Canon did not sacrifice performance for style.
12x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS features a powerful Genuine Canon 12x Zoom Lens that delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. Fitting such a high-performance lens with such wide zoom range into a camera so thin would normally be considered an impossible feat. Canon's expert optical engineering met the challenge by developing a light-folding retractable-prism lens barrel, which achieves outstanding compactness with high zoom power and superb performance. The zoom starts at 28mm wide-angle and extends to 336mm telephoto (35mm equivalent), covering an exceptionally wide range. The telephoto reach gives you the freedom to capture subjects from a considerable distance, while the 28mm wide-angle makes it easy to shoot sweeping landscapes, large groups of people and tall buildings.
Optical Image Stabilizer
Handheld shooting can often lead to camera shake, making photos and videos blurry. Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer is a sophisticated system that uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement. It makes handheld photography more practical, providing excellent image quality in many difficult shooting situations: outdoors at dusk, inside without a flash, and even at the telephoto end of the zoom range without a tripod. For photos, it enables shooting at slower shutter speeds, accommodating more low-light shooting situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, steadier image. And because it is an optical system, there is none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers.
Canon Full HD Video Advantage
In addition to the Canon HS SYSTEM, the combination of the advanced CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor in the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS makes it possible to shoot crisp, clear high definition video. Imagine the fun and excitement of being able to shoot spectacular 1080p Full HD video with stereo sound that you can later watch on your HDTV or download to your computer to share with family and friends. In addition to being able to shoot Full HD 1080p video at 24* frames per second, the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS can also shoot 720p HD video at 30 frames per second.
Dedicated Movie Button, Wind filter feature and Optical Zoom for easy video capture
It's never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS has a dedicated movie button that lets you start and stop recording instantly. There is no need to go through layers of menus or operate switches or dials to switch to and from video recording mode. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. And unlike less sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras, the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS lets you use the full range of optical zoom when you're shooting a video.
HDTV playback via HDMI output and CEC
It's easy to enjoy and share the videos you shoot with the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS. Simply connect its HDMI terminal to your HDTV using an HDMI cable. And because the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS supports HDMI-CEC technology, you'll be able to control the playback of your images and videos on any CEC-enabled HDTV using the TV's remote control. (CEC - Consumer Electronic Control - is part of the HDMI specification, enabling components in a system to communicate with one another.)
With the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS, you can also shoot video in the Apple iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
PureColor LCD System
The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS digital camera's large and bright 3.2-inch PureColor LCD wide screen makes it easy to view and frame your shots in high resolution (461,000 dots). PureColor technology delivers excellent contrast with rich, true-to-life color. Moreover, you can view the LCD screen over a surprisingly wide angle - above, below or to either side - without color shifts and with minimal reflections. A scratch-proof hard coating and a dust-repellent fluorine coating ensure a durable screen that dependably displays clear, vibrant images. The wide aspect ratio (16:9) provides ample room for information icons and touch buttons, preventing them from getting in the way of the image, and you can enjoy a brilliant full-screen image when shooting or playing back your Full HD videos.
Touch Panel LCD with Touch Shutter
The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS features touch panel technology that makes using the camera more intuitive and fun. Simply touch the screen to choose and track an AF point, change camera settings, record and play videos and much, much more! It also has an innovative Touch Shutter function that allows you to release the shutter right from the screen. Just touch the desired subject with your finger. An AF box will appear and track the subject as it moves. Then just lift your finger to release the shutter. It's that simple.
High-Speed Burst Mode
Capture amazing action shots like the pros with the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS camera. Using High-Speed Burst mode, you can shoot at exceptionally high speeds - 7.8 frames per second. It's a great feature for those who enjoy taking pictures at sporting events. High-Speed Burst is also an excellent way to make sure you capture that perfect instant in time when shooting any moving subject.
Super Slow Motion
The Super Slow Motion Movie mode on the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS gives you a fun and useful option when shooting videos. It records video clips at a very high speed - up to approximately 240 frames per second. When the clips are played at normal speed (30 fps), the action is dramatically slower. This video shooting mode can be used to capture memorable plays at sporting events or to analyze and study motion.
The latest advance in Canon Optical Image Stabilization technology, Intelligent IS analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For stills, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes. With Intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to assure the steadiest possible image.
- Normal - Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning - Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Hybrid - Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.
- Dynamic - Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered - Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Tripod - When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
Photographers of all levels appreciate a camera - especially a go-anywhere compact digital - that takes the hassle out of capturing beautiful images. The PowerShot ELPH 510 HS gives you Smart AUTO - sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program - The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Movie Digest - Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day?s worth of clips into a video.
- Portrait - Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Kids & Pets - The camera reduces focus time so you won?t miss those special shots.
- Smart Shutter - The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- High-Speed Burst - Captures rapid action frame by frame, by shooting continuously at a high speed while the shutter button is held down.
- Best Image Selection - Shoots five consecutive images then chooses the best one based on the image information.
- Handheld Night Scene - Take clear and steady pictures at night without the use of a tripod.
- Low Light - For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect - Now you can get the fisheye effect - a classic photographic distortion - without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect - Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect - Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome - Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid - Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect - Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent - Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap - Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Beach - Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
- Foliage - Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
- Snow - Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks - Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter - Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- iFrame Movie - The Apple movie format, iFrame, makes it easier and quicker to import and upload videos while retaining high image quality.
- Super Slow Motion Movie - Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240 fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
Creating a video containing highlights of a family vacation or an important occasion is a lot easier than you might think. When you use Movie Digest on the PowerShot ELPH 510 HS, the camera will automatically record a short video clip (up to approximately 4 seconds) every time you shoot a still image. That entire day's worth of clips will then be automatically combined into a single video. Movie Digest does all the work, so you can sit back and enjoy your video!
How does this work? When you activate Movie Digest, the camera continuously records a "loop" of video up to 4 seconds long into an area of the memory card reserved for this feature. Every time you take a photo, the video clip residing in memory at that time is appended to a file that will eventually become the day's highlights video. The following day, the camera will start a new video file. Movie Digest does not affect regular video shooting, so you can use it and still switch between still and video capture as desired.
Although the beauty of Movie Digest is the ease with which you can create a video of the day, you can, if you wish, edit the created videos on your computer. Version 6.8 or later of the included ZoomBrowser EX (for Windows) and ImageBrowser (for Mac OS) software lets you freely select and delete unwanted scenes from your Movie Digest videos.
Face Detection Technology including Smart Shutter
Face Detection technology makes it easy for you to take great photos of people. The camera will automatically detect the face(s) in a frame to give it optimal focus, exposure, flash (if needed) and white balance. Smart Shutter adds fun and convenience to Face Detection because you can set the camera to release the shutter when someone winks, smiles or even enters the frame.
Best Image Selection
Best Image Selection is an easy way to get great results almost every time you take a picture. When you press the shutter release, the camera will rapidly shoot a series of five images, then assess the images for any unwanted facial movements and camera shake. Out of the five images, the camera will select and save the best one.
Available in 27 Languages
With the new addition of Hindi, there are a total of 27 display languages from which you can choose: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi and Hindi.