Advanced Driving Navigation at a Value Price
- Easy-to-use dedicated GPS navigator with 5.0-inch dual-orientation display
- Preloaded with detailed maps of the lower 49 U.S. states
- Garmin Real Directions guide like a friend using landmarks and traffic lights
- Find new and popular restaurants, shops and more with Foursquare
- Direct Access simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like malls and airports
- Preloaded with City Navigator NT - USA Lower 49 states maps
Dedicated, Easy-to-use GPS Guidance
For driving directions on the road, put away the smartphone and power on your nuvi. nuvi 57 is an easy-to-use, dedicated GPS navigator that does not rely on cellular signals and is unaffected by cellular dead zones. nuvi 57 features sleek styling and a bright, 5.0-inch dual-orientation display, for use horizontally or vertically. Its included suction cup mount keeps it firmly in place.
nuvi 57 arrives preloaded with detailed maps of the lower 49 U.S. states
*New for 2015* Garmin Real Directions
nuvi 57 redefines "spoken turn-by-turn directions" with Garmin Real Directions, easy-to-understand driving directions that guide like a friend using recognizable landmarks, buildings and traffic lights. No more stress from trying to read street names. Instead, hear clearly spoken guidance, like "Turn left after the gas station."
*New for 2015* Foursquare Adds Millions of New POIs
nuvi 57 makes it easy to find addresses and millions of POIs (points of interest) - that is, businesses, stores, restaurants or other destinations. Our POI database also includes accurate, relevant information sourced from Foursquare. Now, when you search, the most relevant Foursquare result appears at the top of the list. It's an easy way to discover new and popular restaurants, shops and more.
*New for 2015* Find Exactly Where You Need to Go
The Direct Access feature simplifies navigating to select complex destinations, like airports and shopping malls, by finding a place within a larger location. Direct Access even navigates through parking lots to find the entrance nearest your destination. When navigating to the mall, Direct Access gives additional location information for specific retail stores inside. For example, "Arriving at Woodfield Mall. Anthropologie is inside, on the upper level."
Navigate Complex Interchanges with Ease
nuvi 57 has lane assist with junction view that displays upcoming junctions and uses brightly colored arrows to indicate your proper lane.
Easier to Search, Quicker to Find
nuvi 57 has a search field that makes it easy to find addresses and millions of POIs, in a single place. Now, simply enter a category (like "pizza"), an entire address ("1234 Sycamore Lane, Anytown, USA") or a proper name ("Starbucks") and nuvi 57 quickly returns your results.
More Information At-a-glance
No need to search for a hard-to-read or nonexistent sign; with a glance at nuvi 57, you'll see your current street. nuvi also displays speed limit, current speed and arrival time.
With the Up Ahead feature, you can easily find places you want without leaving the map. As you drive your route, Up Ahead constantly informs you of nearby services, including food, fuel and ATMs. Best of all, Up Ahead is customizable, so you can always know the location of favorite destinations along the way.
School Zone Warnings
nuvi 57 issues an audible alert and displays an onscreen warning whenever you approach a school zone. The displayed speed limit also changes to reflect the school zone speed limit.
*New for 2015* Add a Wireless Backup Camera
For a complete navigation solution, nuvi 57 pairs with the BC 30 wireless backup camera (sold separately. Professional installation recommended). Once connected, you can easily see vehicles, pedestrians and other obstacles right on the nuvi display, as you move in reverse.
One-stop Device Management
Use Garmin Express to keep your nuvi up-to-date. Garmin Express makes it easy to update maps and software, transfer favorites to and from devices, and install free custom vehicles and voices.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 5.5"W x 3.4"H x 0.8"D (13.9 x 8.6 x 2.0 cm)
- Display size, WxHL: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5.0" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 272 pixels
- Display type: WQVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Weight: 6.4 oz (180.1 g)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 2 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps: Yes
- nuMaps Guarantee: Yes
- Built-in memory: internal solid state
- Accepts data cards: microSD card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): Yes
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): Yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): Yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): Yes
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): Yes
- View upcoming points of interest along route: Yes
- Trip Planner: Yes
- Trip Log: Yes
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
In the box:
- nuvi 57 GPS Navigation System
- Preloaded with City Navigator NT - USA Lower 49 states
- Vehicle power cable
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Quick start manual
This Kit Includes:
nuvi 57 5.0"-inch Essential Series 2015 GPS Navigation System
For driving directions on the road, put away the smartphone and power on your nuvi. nuvi 57 is an easy-to-use, dedicated GPS navigator that does not rely on cellular signals and is unaffected by cellular dead zones.
Our Price: $92.99
5 inch Universal GPS Navigation Protect and Stow Case
Our Price: $12.99
Air Vent Mount (Certified Refurbished)
Mount easily attaches to the cradle/unit bracket and securely holds your nuvi to your vehicle's air vent, An alternative to windshield and dash mounts.
Our Price: $11.99