Completely updated and redesigned, the new Speaking Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition, sets a new standard in electronic dictionaries with dynamic new content, a striking new look, and a fresh Platform for easy viewing and accessibility. This best-in-class hand-held contains the updated Merriam-Webster?s 11th Edition Collegiate Dictionary including biographical and geographical entries. It also contains Merriam-Webster?s Concise Dictionary of English Usage, Guide to Punctuation and Style, and their Dictionary of Quotations. Additional content to make this a truly all inclusive language and grammar reference tool includes Franklin?s Patented phonetic spell correction, grammar guide with quizzes, Word games and word lists, and a 5-language translator (English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian). The dictionary speaks over 400,000 clear and concise definitions and the Thesaurus contains 500,000 synonyms & antonyms. Designed to help you Communicate effectively, it combines high-quality language reference with state-of-the-art search technology; a must-have hand-held for any business professional, student or family.
- Updated content for the 11th Edition, Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary with 400,000 definitions
- Merriam-Webster Concise Dictionary of English Usage
- Merriam-Webster Guide to Punctuation and Style
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Quotations
- Large, 11-line display with adjustable Font size
- Dictionary Speaks clear and concise definitions
- Thesaurus with 500,000 synonyms & antonyms
- Biographical and Geographical References
- Interactive Grammar Guide with Quizzes
- Phonetic Spell Correction
- 12 Word Games & Exercises, i.e. Hangman, Letris and others
- 5-Language Translator (English/Spanish/French/German/Italian)
- Dictionary of Quotations - searched by Author, by Subject (head word) and by Work.
- 30 Tables and Lists of Reference Information from M-W Collegiate Dictionary, including topics such as chemical elements, world currencies, astronomy, signs & symbols, etc.
- Identifies and explains sound-a-like words allowing you to select the right word, example: "affect: impress" versus "effect: result"
- Crossword Puzzle solver, Local/World Clock, Built-in Organizer, Calculator & Currency/Metric Converter
- Power: 2 x AAA (not included)