This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Premium Compact Camera For Everyday Use
18.5mm F2.8 Lens Helps You Make the Most of Every Situation
The FUJIFILM X70 features a 18.5mm F2.8 wide-angle fixed lens capable of covering everything from snapshots to landscapes. Using technologies developed in the X100 series, the newly-designed FUJINON lens is optimized for the 16.3-megapixel APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor and produces outstanding detail and sharpness.
New Compact, High-Performance Lens
The new lens, specifically developed for the FUJIFILM X70, has an optical construction of seven elements in five groups, including two aspherical lenses to correct distortion. Furthermore, the wide aperture lens combines with the sensor to deliver an impressive level of detail with even light distribution across the entire frame.
Design & Control
Tilting LCD Screen - Shoot at any angle with the 180 degree tilting LCD screen
A 3.0-inch 1.04M-dot 180 degree tilting LCD screen allows users to shoot from a wide variety of angles, such as low angles and high angles, and flipping the screen 180 degrees upwards is perfect for selfies. The FUJIFILM X70's wide-angle lens is ideal for high-quality self-portraits that include your surroundings too.
Touchscreen - Enjoy Simple Playback And Shooting With the First Touchscreen on an X-Series Camera
The FUJIFILM X70 is the first X-Series model to feature touchscreen control. When shooting, the touchscreen allows users to select a focus area and use Touch Shot to take a picture quickly. During playback, smartphone-style gestures can be used, including swipe, drag, pinch-zoom and double tap enlargement, offering a different experience to viewing images using buttons.
Focus Area Selection: Move the focus point to the chosen position by tapping the LCD monitor.
Touch Shot: Touch to focus on a specific point, then take the picture.
Swipe Movement: Swiping a finger across the screen scrolls through the images, one after another.
Double-Tap Enlargement: Tapping the screen twice will enlarge the image, centering on the active focus point when the images was taken.
Drag: Moving a finger across the screen when an image is enlarged will move it around the frame.
Pinch out: Placing two fingers on the screen and widening the distance between them enlarges the image.
Pinch in: While the image being displayed is enlarged, placing two fingers on the screen and narrowing the distance between them reduces the image size.
Exposure control using dials and an aperture ring
Based around the trademark X-Series operating system, the small and lightweight FUJIFILM X70 offers intuitive operation with at-a-glance checking of important exposure settings. The lens features an aperture ring, while shutter speeds and exposure compensation are controlled by dials on the top-plate. Apertures can be changed in 1/3 or 1 stop increments for precise control, while the dials are milled from aluminium for ease of use and a comfortable feel.
Auto Mode Selector Lever
Selecting AUTO on the top-plate Auto Mode Selector Lever switches the FUJIFILM X70 to Advanced SR Auto, where it automatically selects the optimal settings according to the scene. This delivers instant high-quality results with settings chosen based on 54 pre-programmed scenes.
80 years of photo film research adds up to color reproduction that's second to none.
Over decades of film manufacture Fujifilm has perfected the skill of color reproduction and it lives on in the FUJIFILM X70. Pleasing skin tones, natural blues and greens, and the ability to perfectly record the diversity of white balance conditions throughout the day are all taken in the camera's stride, and it also boasts a wide dynamic range for better reproduction of detail.
Recreating the colors of Fujifilm's photographic films
Film Simulation, perfected through Fujifilm's passion and philosophy of color reproduction over 80 years of photographic film manufacturing, allows users to create the colors and tones of photographic film, delivering high quality results with ease. If you shoot RAW, the in-camera RAW processing function enables any of the 11 Film Simulation options to be applied post-capture, broadening your shooting options.
Maximizing the power of APS-C-sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor
Capture each strand of hair in crisp detail. - Due to the X-Trans CMOS II sensor architecture that eliminates the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF) and integrates FUJFILM's originally developed color filter array, the FUJIFILM X70 reproduces scenes with resolution and clarity rivaling a larger sensor.
X-Trans CMOS II sensor incorporates an original color filter array with a highly random pattern, eliminating the need for an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). These filters are used in conventional systems to inhibit moire at the expense of resolution. The X-Trans CMOS II sensor array lets the sensor capture unfiltered light from the lens, achieving an unprecedented level of resolution.
A remarkable leap in high sensitivity - maximum ISO of 51200
To broaden photographic opportunities in low-light scenes, you'll find an expanded sensitivity range, which now extends to an impressive ISO 51200. To combat noise at these ultra-high sensitivity settings, the arrangement of components and circuits around the sensor has been redesigned, keeping blacks black, with minimal grain and no color casts.
Ultra-fast electronic shutter
The camera features a mechanical shutter of up to 1/4000 sec as well as an electronic shutter of up to 1/32000 sec. This allows you to shoot with wide apertures even in bright sun to create beautiful bokeh effects. You can select either the mechanical shutter, electronic shutter or both.
AF system captures the subject perfectly - High-speed AF with on-board phase detection pixels
The camera's Intelligent Hybrid AF system combines the excellent autofocus speed of Phase Detection AF with the strong low light performance of Contrast AF. The phase detection elements on the image sensor delivers autofocusing speeds of up to 0.1 sec. A new algorithm has also enhanced performance in low light and low contrast conditions.
Faster together - the X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II.
The blazing image processing performance of the EXR Processor II not only produces images with increased resolution and higher quality at higher speeds, but also accelerates operational responses. The start-up time has improved to only approx. 0.5 sec. Working in tandem with the high-speed signal readout of the X-Trans CMOS II sensor, the processor reduces the shooting interval to 0.5 sec. and shutter time lag to 0.01 sec.
Continuous shooting with AF-C at 8.0 fps and advanced subject motion prediction
Features advanced subject motion prediction technology to predict the subject's movement using past data, enabling continuous shooting with AF-C4 at up to 8.0 fps.
Delivering a more accurate focusing performance - Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels deliver AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
Auto Macro For Close-Up Shots - Automatically switch to an AF mode optimized for close-up photography. Minimum working distance: 10cm.
Face Detection + Eye Detection AF - Take professional-looking portraits with Face Detection and Eye Detection AF, which focuses accurately on the eye.
Six different AF modes - The new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes ensure that sideways movements are captured.
- AF-S + Single Point - Delivers highly accurate autofocus on a specific area. Choose any one of 49-point focus areas, then select the size of the area in five different levels.
- AF-S + Zone - Effective for a subject with moderate movements, which the Single Area mode may have difficulty capturing. Choose a 3x3, 5x3 or 5x5 AF area. Use the centrally-positioned 3x3 and 5x3 phase detection AF areas for faster autofocusing speeds.
- AF-S + Wide/Tracking - The camera automatically selects and focuses using several of the 77-point focus areas. This is ideally suited to subjects with unpredictable movements, or multiple moving subjects.
- AF-C + Single Point - Pin-points a subject with a fixed direction of movement, e.g. moving towards the camera. Choose any one of 49-point focus areas, and select the size of the area in five levels.
- AF-C + Zone - Tracks a subject when shooting hand-held, using a 3x3, 5x3 or 5x5 area to maintain focus. Choose the phase detection AF areas for faster autofocusing speeds.
- AF-C + Wide/Tracking - Perfect for capturing a subject that moves unpredictably up/down, left/right and closer/further from the camera. Suitable for shooting with a tripod, simply pick the starting position to start tracking the subject.
New Digital Tele-Converter - Integral Digital Tele-Converter Offers 35mm and 50mm Equivalents
When the digital tele-converter is activated, the lens is capable not only of shooting at the wide-angle 28mm equivalent, but also 35mm and 50mm settings. The LCD screen alters according to the setting, so it's just like changing lenses - perfect when you want your subject larger in the frame. The lens's focusing ring becomes a control ring, except when using MF, allowing the user to speedily change the angle of view. The digital teleconverter can be used with main exposure modes including P (Program AE), S (Shutter Speed Priority AE), and A (Aperture Priority AE).
- Panorama - Pan the camera using the guidelines to shoot amazing panoramic images. You can choose between 180 degrees or 120 degrees, and specify vertical or horizontal panning. Once all the shots are taken, the camera automatically combines the images into a panoramic shot.
- Multiple exposure - The camera supports multiple exposure capture, which allows you to take two frames and combine them for an artistic effect. You can display the first shot on the LCD screen while framing and shooting the second for perfect alignment. Film Simulation effects also apply in this mode.
- Advanced Filters - Create unique images by using one of eight Advanced Filters. Effects include Toy Camera for a retro look, Miniature for creating a diorama effect, and Pop Color for high contrast and saturation. You can preview the effect through the viewfinder or on the LCD screen.
- Continuous shooting - The camera offers High Speed Continuous shooting (CH) at approx. 8.0 fps and Low Speed Continuous shooting (CL) at approx. 3.0 fps. While in JPEG mode, you can shoot around 8 frames in CH and can shoot until the memory card is full in CL.
- Bracketing - The Bracketing mode offers automatic bracketing not only of exposure but also ISO sensitivity, dynamic range, Film Simulation and white balance. A single press of the shutter release takes three bracketed images so you can choose the one you prefer.
- White Balance Bracketing - Just fire the shutter once and capture the same scene at your selected white balance setting plus one frame at a warmer and another at a cooler color temperature. White Balance bracketing can be set in +/-1, +/-2 and +/-3 steps.
- Dynamic Range Bracketing - Capture 3 exposures of the same scene with high-speed continuous shooting, each at a different dynamic range setting.
- Film Simulation Bracketing - Just press the shutter once and get three images of the scene based on a single exposure, each image with a different Film Simulation effect that you have selected. PROVIA, Velvia, ASTIA
- AE Bracketing - One press of the shutter captures 3 shots of the same scene at different exposures. AE bracketing can be set in +/-1/3, +/-2/3 or +/-1 EV steps.
- ISO Sensitivity Bracketing - Based on a single exposure, the scene is automatically reproduced as three images, each with a different ISO sensitivity, but without altering the shutter speed and aperture. This lets you capture the moment with varying degrees of brightness, but leaves depth-of-field and shutter effects unchanged. ISO Sensitivity Bracketing is possible in +/-1/3, +/-2/3 or +/-1 EV steps.
- Interval Timer shooting - The start time, number of shots, and interval can all be set by the camera, allowing use for time-lapse shooting and shots taken with the self-timer. The camera can be set to take 1 - 999 shots over intervals of 1sec - 24 hours.
- Movie shooting - Frame rates can be selected from 60fps, 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps for Full HD movies, supporting worldwide motion picture formats. It is also possible to change the settings of aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation while shooting a movie. Just as with still images, program, aperture priority, shutter priority and manual modes can be selected, as well as film simulation modes. Various expressions can be enjoyed such as a documentary style with CLASSIC CHROME.
Focus with a Touch with the new smart application - FUJIFILM Camera Remote.
With the new dedicated "FUJIFILM Camera Remote" application, you can focus and trigger the camera release from your smartphone or tablet. The app not only lets you adjust focus, but also control settings like shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and ISO sensitivity. You can even apply other settings like Film Simulation, self-timer, and flash while "Touch AF" lets you focus from your phone or tablet, too. Imagine all the situations where this smart assistant will come in handy! Take commemorative group photos with yourself in the shot, capture wildlife photos, or remotely release the shutter for night shots free from camera shake.The photographic possibilities are endless.
Share every moment via email and SNS with easy wireless transfer to your smartphone.
For easy wireless transfer of photos to your smartphone or tablet just download the free dedicated "FUJIFILM Camera Remote" application to your device. There's no need to enter an ID, password or to change other troublesome settings; with just a touch of a button, you can transfer your high-quality images to your phone or tablet ready to upload to your blog or social networking site.
- Use your smartphone to browse and transfer photos and movies from your camera. - Using your smartphone or smart tablet, you can view the images stored in your camera, and then select and transfer the ones you want.
- Transfer up to 2GB at one time. - You can select and transfer up to 2GB at a time to your smartphone and to make them even easier to send and use on your device, you can copy them in their existing photo size or choose the "3M compressed image option".
- Send location data from your smartphone to you camera - Just download and install the free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application in your smartphone and you can set up your camera to acquire location data from your smartphone and geotag your images - that way you'll remember exactly where they were shot.
- Automatically transfer and save photos on your PC via Wi-Fi - Just turn on your PC and select PC AutoSave from the camera's menu for effortless wireless transfer and saving of your photos and movies to your home PC.
- On-the-spot instax printing! - You can easily send photos directly to the instax SHARE Smartphone Printer SP-1 for great quality prints of their family, friends, pets and more. Additionally, portrait images are produced with a pleasant out-of-focus background for amazing one-of-a-kind instant prints - perfect for home decor.
The FUJIFILM X70 comes with a hot-shoe mounted accessory flashgun and features Fujifilm's original Super Intelligent Flash system - the high-precision TTL flash control technology that automatically supplies just the right amount of flash according to the lighting conditions of your chosen scene. It's ideal for shooting small items, special occasions indoors or other low-light subjects. When even more light is required or you are shooting with the lens hood attached, you can use a separately sold TTL flash.
In-camera RAW Converter
The built-in RAW data converter lets you view and edit your results without the need for your PC. The conversion of RAW data not only takes into account exposure compensation, white balance and other in-camera image quality control settings, but also lets you apply Film Simulation modes in the converter mode.
FUJIFILM X70 RAW Conversion Software
For the management, viewing and conversion of RAW image data on your PC, you will find the special FUJIFILM X Series version of the powerful and easy-to-use RAW viewer and conversion software powered by SILKYPIX.