The Forerunner 101 offers athletes and recreational walkers and runners an entry-level personal training device with GPS. Operating on just two (2) AAA batteries, the Forerunner 101 stores lap histories for up to two years to provide an archive of workout performance over time. Users can retrieve lap data for previous workouts by date, week, month, or over a specific time interval. For business travelers who want to train on the road, the Forerunner 101 also doubles as a navigator. Users can mark their hotel as a specific location, see their current position on the plotter display, and follow an electronic breadcrumb trail back to their starting point.
Working out with the Forerunner 101 means you're never alone in your personal training, because the unit provides a "Virtual Partner". This unique feature allows you to set your training goal by configuring your Virtual Partner's pace and workout distance. You'll get a graphic perspective of your performance by viewing your pace in relation to your Virtual Partner's pace, so you can always see at a glance if you're keeping up or falling behind.
- GPS sensor provides precise latitude, longitude, and altitude data for exact location information.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Automatically records up to 5000 laps by day or week; stores approximately two years of data
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides AutoLap and AutoPause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when you've fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
|Features & Specifications |
Training timer features
|Training data: ||Can display training time, pace, distance, lap pace, lap time, lap distance, average and best pace, elevation and calories |
|Lap History: ||Automatically records up to 5000 laps by day or week; stores approximately two years of data. |
|AutoPause: ||Automatically pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified resting pace; timer resumes when you start running again|
|AutoLap: ||Automatically triggers a lap when you reach a specified distance. Allows you to run anywhere and still get accurate performance data|
|Virtual Partner: ||Allows you to input training goals based on time, distance and pace. Forerunner displays a graphic "virtual partner" that will run with the set goal, so you can see at a glance if you are keeping up or falling behind.|
|Pace alert: ||Alarm sounds if you are slower or faster than the pace you've input|
|Time/distance alert: ||Alarm sounds when you reach the specified time or distance|
|Interval training: ||Allows you to set up exercise and rest intervals and number of reps |
|Receiver: ||12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to track your speed and distance|
|Antenna: ||Built-in patch|
|Mark location: ||Mark and save up to 100 locations|
|Find location: ||Look up and navigate to stored locations|
|Back to start: ||Navigate back to starting location |
|Map mode: ||Electronic map shows your location, along with marked locations. Pointer arrow shows direction to travel when navigating back to start or to a stored location|
|Display: ||1.44" (W) x .92" (H), 100 x 64 pixels|
|Case: ||Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards|
|Temperature range: ||-4 degrees to 140 degrees F (-20 degrees C to 60 degrees C)|
|Size: ||3.3" (W) x 1.7" (H) x .9" (D) |
|Weight: ||2.6 ounces (74 g) with batteries |
|Batteries: ||2 AAAs; 15 hours|