The Forerunner 201 offers athletes an easy-to-read display, ergonomic wristband, and integrated GPS sensor that provides precise speed, distance, and pace data. It's a compact, lightweight, accurate training assistant with performance tracking, auto-lap, auto-pause and more. The Forerunner 201 is easy to use right out of the box and delivers the benefits of GPS technology at an affordable price.
Working out with the Forerunner 201 means you're never alone in your personal training, because the unit provides a Virtual Partner. This unique feature allows you to set your training goal by configuring your Virtual Partner's pace and workout distance. You'll get a graphic perspective of your performance by viewing your pace in relation to your Virtual Partner's pace, so you can always see at a glance if you're keeping up or falling behind.
- GPS sensor provides precise latitude, longitude, and altitude data for exact location information.
- Mark specific locations, and then look-up and navigate to these points using an electronic map.
- Retrace your steps to a starting point or reverse your normal route for routine variation.
- Amount of calories burned can be tracked and calculated over the course of a workout.
- Lap history-such as lap time, lap distance, and average pace-can be stored for up to two years.
- Performance data can be automatically archived and calculated to provide an accurate record.
- Automated stopwatch provides auto-lap and auto-pause features.
- Lap timer indicates when a certain speed is reached or when you've fallen below a pre-set level.
- Pace whistle sounds alert when you begin traveling slower or faster than your desired pace.
- Distance whistle sounds when you reach a specified duration or distance in your workout.
- Download free Garmin software to transfer data from your Forerunner 201 to your PC for storage and analysis. Forerunner Logbook software now available!
|Features & Specifications |
Training timer features
|Training data: ||Can display training time, pace, distance, lap pace, lap time, lap distance, average and best pace, elevation and calories |
|Lap History: ||Automatically records up to 5000 laps by day or week; stores approximately two years of data. Download histories to your PC using associated software|
|AutoPause: ||Automatically pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified resting pace; timer resumes when you start running again|
|AutoLap: ||Automatically triggers a lap when you reach a specified distance. Allows you to run anywhere and still get accurate performance data|
|Virtual Partner: ||Allows you to input training goals based on time, distance and pace. Forerunner displays a graphic "virtual partner" that will run with the set goal, so you can see at a glance if you are keeping up or falling behind.|
|Pace alert: ||Alarm sounds if you are slower or faster than the pace you've input|
|Time/distance alert: ||Alarm sounds when you reach the specified time or distance|
|Interval training: ||Allows you to set up exercise and rest intervals and number of reps |
|Receiver: ||12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to track your speed and distance|
|Antenna: ||Built-in patch|
|Mark location: ||Mark and save up to 100 locations|
|Find location: ||Look up and navigate to stored locations|
|Back to start: ||Navigate back to starting location |
|Map mode: ||Electronic map shows your location, along with marked locations. Pointer arrow shows direction to travel when navigating back to start or to a stored location|
|Display: ||1.44" (W) x .92" (H), 100 x 64 pixels|
|Case: ||Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards|
|Temperature range: ||-4 degrees to 140 degrees F (-20 degrees C to 60 degrees C)|
|Size: ||3.3" (W) x 1.7" (H) x .7" (D) |
|Weight: ||2.7 ounces (78 g) with batteries |
|Batteries: ||rechargeable lithium ion; 15 hours|