The nuvi 1200 GPS navigator features an ultra-slim design that fits easily in your pocket (approximately 25 percent thinner than previous models), enhanced user interface, ecoRoute, public transit mode, and text-to-speech. The nuvi 1200 series also are the first nuvi devices to offer pedestrian navigation capability enabled through optional CityXplorer maps, which are available for select tourist destinations in North America and Europe and can easily be downloaded directly to the nuvi. The nuvi's enhanced user interface features improved graphics and a new slide control for menu operation, while ecoRoute suggests fuel-efficient routes to save drivers money and fuel. Also, Garmin's new public transit mode allows you to navigate using buses, tramway, metro, and suburban rail systems. Plus, the device comes pre-loaded with City Navigator 48 states NT.
Thin New Design
The nuvi units are just over a half-inch thick and weigh only 4 ounces, which means they'll fit easily into your pocket and can be taken just about anywhere.
With nuvi 1200's display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos, and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, bright 3.5-inch diagonal color display with white backlight is easy to read--from any direction.
Easy-to-Use Touchscreen Interface
One of Garmin's core beliefs is to continually enhance the simplicity of the user experience. The nuvi on-screen menus are logically arranged, with clearly labeled, colorful icons, making it easy to enter data and get to the information you need quickly.
Navigate with Ease
The nuvi 1200 comes ready to go right out of the box, with pre-loaded City Navigator 48 states NT street maps and millions of points of interest (POIs), such as hotels, restaurants, fuel stations, ATMs, and more, with map data provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping. Enter a destination on the touchscreen, and nuvi takes you there with 2-D or 3-D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. Text to speech enhances standard sat-nav voice guidance by speaking the names of places and roads. It even announces the name of exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. In addition, nuvi 1200 accepts custom points of interest, such as school zones and safety cameras, and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.
- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface
- All models include turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names (text-to-speech) - 'Turn right on Main Street'
- The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping
- ecoRoute - drivers can view suggestions for fuel-efficient navigation, conserving both money and fuel
- Public transit - navigate using buses, tramway, metro and suburban rail systems with optional CityXplorer content.
- Speed limit indicator - unit displays speed limits for most major roads (nuvi 1260T and 1250)
- Garmin Connect Photos - associate your favorite images with saved locations.
- DEM maps show you shaded terrain contours at zoom levels of five miles and above
- 'Where Am I?' feature - find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates
- Auto time zone - nuvi will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
- Bright 3.5 inch diagonal color display; 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA TFT display with white backlight
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
- microSD memory card expansion slot
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons ? allows users to select fun, customized car-shaped icons
- Offers a 3-D mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Unit dimensions: 3.7 inch W x 2.9 inch H x 0.6 inch D ; Weight: 4 ounces
- Built-in lithium-ion battery - lasts up to four hours depending on usage
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage, access either the microSD card slot or the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop
- POI loader program - set up proximity alerts for school zones, create custom POIs and more