|This model in the popular nuvi family features a new super-bright, 4.3" widescreen display for improved map viewing, POI lookup and MP3/audible book playback. The built in FM modulator allows the user to wirelessly transmit audio, including MP3s, phone calls and audio books, through the vehicle?s stereo. The nuvi 660 is also packaged with Garmin's new GTM 20 FM TMC traffic receiver, which allows users to avoid traffic tie-ups by simply pushing a button to calculate a new route. Includes 3-month free trial for traffic services. |
nuvi offers Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling when paired with compatible phones. Users simply tap nuvi's screen to answer calls, then speak directly into the unit's built-in microphone. The easy-to-use calling feature allows users to dial phone numbers through nuvi's touch screen keypad. In addition, phone numbers may be looked-up and dialed from the mobile phoneis call history log that shows calls received, calls dialed and calls missed (for supported phones). If a user needs a phone number for their destination, they can easily find an dial it from nuvi's points of interest database, which includes hotels, restaurants, stores, and much more. See www.garmin.com/bluetooth for list a of compatible phones.
The nuvi 660 comes preloaded with highly detailed City Navigator NT road maps for the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. This map database features nearly six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs, and attractions. The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping. Like the original nuvi models, the 660 has unique traveler's reference tools like optional Garmin Travel Guide, Garmin Language Guide and Garmin SaversGuide.
- New 4.3" diagonal, 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT landscape display, with white backlight and touch screen
- Integrated FM wireless transmitter
- Traffic alerts with included GTM 20 FM TMC traffic receiver
- Bluetooth wireless technology - enabling hands-free connectivity to mobile phones
- High-sensitivity integrated GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- WAAS enabled; flip-up antenna - includes MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT - includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico ? no downloading required
- Built-in travel kit includes features like sample Language Guide, MP3 player with sample MP3s, audible book player with sample audio books, picture viewer, world clock, currency & measurement converters, and calculator
- Approximately 700 MBs of internal memory for storage of supplemental maps, MP3s and audio books (available from Audible.com)
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Text-to-speech ? unit prompts you to "Turn right on Main St" instead of "Turn right in 500 feet"
- Includes Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature
- Customize your vehicle icon using the preloaded symbols
- Standard 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks (microphone jack is located on mounting bracket, headphone jack is located on unit)
- Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
- Unit dimensions: 4.9" W x 2.9" H x 0.9" D
- Weight: 6.2 ounces
- Built-in lithium ion battery
- Battery life: 3 - 7 hours depending on usage
- Includes suction cup mount with external microphone jack that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB mass storage with access to either the SD card slot or to the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POIs and more.
Storage: 2 GB internal storage media, preprogrammed with City Navigator NT for street-level detail and addresses, plus listings of nearest restaurants, hotels, ATMs, etc., throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. In Europe, the nuvi 660 comes with full Western European detailed street map coverage
Map Scale: Screen-width scale 640 feet to 4,000 miles
Navigation features Routes: Automatically calculated with turn-by-turn instructions; custom road preference allows user to prioritize choice of back roads or major highways; automatic off-route recalculation shows how to get back on track if you miss a turn or exit; a detour function enables routing around traffic problems or road construction
Voice: Navigation instructions and warnings; Text-to-speech (TTS) feature identifies turns by street name. Wireless FM transmitter sends voice prompts, MP3's and audio books through your vehicle stereo.
Traffic: Alerts for traffic, road construction and weather-related tie-ups. nuvi 660 uses data to suggest alternate routes before problems are encountered
Waypoints: 500 with name and graphic symbol
Trip computer: Resettable odometer, timers, average and maximum speeds
Bluetooth features: Bluetooth wireless technology allows hands-free calling capability when paired with your compatible phone. Just tap the screen to dial or answer a call, then speak into the nuvi 660's built-in microphone. Voice dial available on phones that support voice tags and Bluetooth.
Travel Kit Utilities Features: Built-in support for travel and enjoyment tools, including: an MP3 player, audio book player (for Audible.com media), JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator, card game, and travel alarm clock with automatic wake-up. Additional audio and content support is provided for optional Garmin Travel Guide,Garmin Language Guide and SaversGuide plug-ins (sold separately).
GPS Performance Receiver: SiRF Star III high-sensitivity GPS receiver
Interfaces: Proprietary Garmin through USB interface; USB mass storage, plug-and-play
Antenna: Flip up patch; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
Physical Size: 4.9" W x 2.9" H x 0.9" D (12.4 x 7.4 x 2.3 cm)
Weight: 6.2 oz. (190 g)
Display: 4.3 diagonal, 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT landscape display, with white back-light and touch screen
Case: Not waterproof or IPX0
Temp. range: 32 degrees F to 140 degrees F (0 degrees C to 60 degrees C)
Headphone jack: standard 3.5 mm
Power Input: 12/24 Vdc
Battery life: 3 to 7 hours