As most allergy sufferers know, the home poses as great a threat of itchy eyes and running noses as the great outdoors. Airborne particles from dust, tobacco smoke, and mold spores provide plenty of discomfort indoors. Luckily the allergy-inflicted populace can actively combat these indoor irritants by regularly vacuuming carpets, dusting, and using an air purifier or allergen remover, like this model from Holmes. With HEPA filtration, the allergen remover elminates 99.97 percent of airborne allergens, as small as .3 microns. The appliance also fights unseemly odors with an absorbant carbon filter.
The allergen remover features an understated design that adapts for upright or side placement. It fits nicely against a wall or into a corner, though it is small enough to rest on tabletops too. CADR-rated, the allergen remover accommodates medium rooms up to 256 square feet in area. A GE motor powers the allergen remover and four speed settings enable output options for the room's needs. The digital panel displays a timer for preset intervals of operation. An electronic filter monitor indicates when filters need replacement. This model uses Holmes filter models HAPF60PDQ-U and HAPF600PDQ-U for allergen and odor protection. As with any electrical appliance, read all manufacturer guidelines with care prior to use. Holmes covers this item with a limited 5-year warranty. The air purifier measures 15-1/2 by 16-1/2 by 8 inches and weighs 17 pounds upon shipping.
- True HEPA filtration removes up to 99.97-percent of airborne allergens from air that passes through the filter.
- Arm & Hammer-enhanced filter helps eliminate common household odors.
- Digital display with four speeds and timer, which allows to automatically run the air cleaner for up to 16 hours.
- Filter monitors alert you when filter changes are needed to maintain maximum performance.
- Recommended for rooms up to 256 sq ft (16ft x 16ft), Smoke CADR 169