This iPAQ is compact and carryable enough to keep with you at all times, yet it packs a big punch in performance and expandability, connectivity, and security. The highlight: it protects your information using your fingerprint or your fingerprint combined with a personal information number (PIN).
- Automatically back up applications and data and store in the main memory or iPAQ File Store, or on a memory card
- Stay connected in and out of the office with the integrated 802.11b for high-speed wireless access to the Internet, e-mail, and corporate data solutions
- Take advantage of the Bluetooth wireless technology to communicate with other Bluetooth devices, create personal area networks using peer-to-peer communication, and wirelessly print documents, e-mail, brochures, and pictures to a Bluetooth-enabled printer
- Exchange data with Serial-IR-enabled devices
- Protect your iPAQ and wireless connection with the HP ProtectTools feature (in collaboration with CREDANT Technologies), which lets you use a PIN or password to control access and impose industry-standard encryption to protect stored data and provide fail-safe action it's lost or stolen
- Carry easily with the soft rubberized side grips and slip-free grip
- Keep the display clear with the plastic flip cover that prevents scratches
Wi-Fi (802.11b), Bluetooth, Serial IR
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software for Pocket PC
- Pocket versions of Microsoft software are included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC)
Intel PXA270 processor 624MHz8
256MB total memory (128MB ROM and 128MB SDRAM)
Up to 192MB user available memory that includes 80MB iPAQ File Store
Biometric fingerprint readerHP ProtectTools secured by CREDANT Technologies
3.5" transflective TFT QVGA color, 64KB colors, LED backlight with power save mode; portrait and landscape mode
4.71 x 3.01 x .65 in (119.4 x 76.6 x 16.3 mm)
(5.8 oz) 164.4 g
Manacturer Warranty: One Year parts and labor
LED 1 - Power
- Solid amber LED (right) - battery in unit fully charged
- Flashing amber LED (right) - battery in unit is charging
- Flashing green LED (right) - event alarm/notification
LED 2 - Wireless
- Flashing blue LED (left) - Wireless Radio enabled
- Removable/rechargeable 1440 mAh lithium-lon
- Optional extended removable/rechargeable 2880 mAh lithium-lon battery available for purchase
- AC Input: 100~240 VAC, 50/60Hz, AC Input current: 0.3 A max
- Output Voltage: 5 VDC (typical), Output Current: 2A (typical
Integrated CompactFlash Type II (CF) and Secure Digital (SDIO) slot
Supports SD/MMC type standard, SDIO ready
Integrated microphone, receiver, speaker and one 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack, MP3 stereo (through headphone jack)
HP exclusive applications
- HP ProtectTools secured by CREDANT Technologies: secure your data and your device
- Bluetooth Phone Manager: connect to a Bluetooth enabled phone and browse the Internet
- iPAQ Wireless: manage wireless connections
- HP Profiles: set and name profiles to be used at different times for different functions such as ring type, volume, brightness and wireless settings
- HP Mobile Printing: print to network and Bluetooth printers without any additional software
- Bluetooth Manager: manage your Bluetooth connections and settings
- iPAQ File Store: non-volatile storage in Flash ROM
- iPAQ Backup: Backup and restore your data to Main Memory Memory Card or iPAQ File Store
- iTask: launch and switch between tasks and application
- HP Image Zone for Pocket PC: application to view images and create slide shows
- Utilities: Self Test, iPAQ Audio, Power Status
- 4 programmable application quick-launch buttons
- 5-way navigation button
- Rechargeable/removable battery
- Touch-sensitive display for stylus or fingertip
- Voice record button
- Microphone and speaker
- Rubber sides for comfortable grip
- Biometric fingerprint reader
1 - A standard WLAN (Wi-Fi) infrastructure, other Bluetooth-enabled devices, separately purchased equipment, and a service contract with a wireless airtime provider may be required for applicable wireless communication. Wireless Internet use requires a separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for availability and coverage in your area. Not all Web content available.
2 - Wireless cards and options are available at additional costs.
3 - Requires separately purchased third party enterprise management application and supporting IT infrastructure. ROM upgrades are available on an as needed basis.
4 - Wireless access point required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited. Wireless Internet use requires separately purchased Internet service contract.
5 - Requires Bluetooth-enabled mobile, separately purchased wireless carrier/Internet service plan(s) and supporting IT infrastructure.
6 - Telephone service requires separately purchased contract with a telephone service provider with coverage in your service area.
7 - User must have HP Protect Tools features enabled.
8 - Intel's processor numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
9 - Battery run time varies based on the usage pattern of an individual user and the configuration of the handheld. Use of some internal wireless capabilities and backlight will significantly decrease battery run time.