42" Class (42.0" diagonal) Widescreen W-XGA (1920 x 1080) LCD
For 2008 JVC's line-up of widescreen Full HD 1080p flat panel displays bring a new dimension to home theater, literally. Our line-up of panels was not only engineered to excite the most extreme audio visual enthusiasts, but also to influence the creative minds of the most discriminating home decorators.
JVC's LCD televisions, with stylish cosmetics, takes into consideration every feature the demanding digital customer is looking for now and for the future. It offers a 13000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 and a 176 Degree Viewing Angle. This units connectivity takes into consideration today's digital world and includes an ATSC Tuner, 3 1080p HDMI/HDCP Inputs, a side USB Photo Viewer and 2 Component Video Inputs. Ideal for any room in the
The Competitive Advantage
- 42" Class (42.0" Diagonal) Full HD 1920 x 1080 LCD Display
- 5 Point Color Management
- 13000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter w/Digital & MPEG NR
- Smart Picture
Key Convenience Features
- No hassle HD with built-in ATSC tuner and Clear QAM
- Channel and Video Input Label capable
- Favorite Channel Memory
- Unified Remote w/Direct Input Buttons
- 9 Selectable Aspect Modes
- Auto Demo Mode for Key Features
- Channel and Video Input Label capable
- 13000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- 500cd/m2 Brightness
- 6.5msec Response Rate
- 176 Viewing Angle
- VESA Compliant for wall mounting
Key Picture Detailing Features
- Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down)
- Black Level Expansion
- Color Temperature Control: Cool/Natural/Warm
- 4 Video Status Modes (Standard/Game/Theater/Dynamic)
- 20 Watts Total Audio Power
- Oblique Cone Speakers
- OmniSurround with preset listening modes: Music/Movies/News/Mono/Off
- Equalizer presets for: Speech/Jazz/Classic/Rock/User (choice)
- Smart Sound
Inputs & Outputs
- 3 HDMI w/HDCP Digital Video Inputs (60i/60p)
- 2 Component Video Inputs
- 1 S-Video & 2 AV Inputs
- 1 Optical Digital Audio Output
- 1 Fixed Audio Output
- 1 USB Input for Photo Viewer
True 1080p Full HD Widescreen W-XGA (1920 x 1080) LCD
This panel provides high brightness, a wide viewing angle, and a flicker-free high resolution picture that scales all video sources to display at 1080p.
5 Point color Management
Because of our exclusive 5 Point Color Management System, JVC LCD televisions produce color that is realistic and pure no matter what you are watching.
By anticipating which colors typically interfere with others and proactively preventing them from doing so, JVC color is simply superb.
Superior Gamma Controlling & Detailing
Another key reason behind JVC's superior imagery is that the gamma control is far better than that which typically goes into an LCD TV. This circuit actively detects areas of darker data, even in motion, and preserves the tonal details and gradations with those areas so that they remain rich with detail and never appear muddied.
Superior Picture Reproduction Overall
A central challenge to any High Definition TV is noise reduction because noise is an inherent part of broadcasts and videos, especially on older sources. Noise reduction is an area where the LT-42X579 excels because it incorporate special filters and circuits to take care of every kind of noise.
Digital Video Noise Reduction detects and stabilizes digital video noise to reduce any graininess. Its "real time" detection of noise provides for intelligent control and improved noise reduction for an overall smoother image. An added adaptive processor for the DVD input insures that all your video sources are noise free.
A 3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter w/Cross Color Eliminator detects and reduces embedded dot and color interference from digital broadcast and component signals for crystal clear images.
Natural Progressive Technology is an I/P scaling technology that smooths images. Natural Progressive works by insuring total focus in areas that normally blur, such as where fast movement and where skewed lines exist, so images are always smooth.
Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down) Technology is an edge smoothing circuit that samples and compensates for the jagged edges commonly found in videos that were converted from film. This filter is especially helpful with movies on DVD
9 Selectable Aspect Modes
Broadcasts vary and so do people's preferences as to how their shows look best on the screen. Some individuals don't mind black bars, others find them annoying. JVC gives viewers the power to refill the screen eight different ways:
- Full Native mode HD shows the full picture with no overscan
- Cinema Zoom mode zooms in on an HD 16:9 image eliminating the surrounding "picture frame".
- Panorama Zoom mode stretches an HD 4:3 image from the edges to fill the 16:9 screen and eliminates side bars.
- Full mode HD makes no adjustment to the incoming signal. 16:9 broadcasts will fill the screen perfectly with no distortion (in HD).
- Slim mode detects signal modes that are broadcast as 16:9 but are actually 4:3 and corrects them to display properly (in HD).
- Cinema mode zooms in on a 4:3 image, fitting it to the entire 16:9 viewing area (in SD).
- Panorama mode stretches a normal 4:3 aspect to fill the 16:9 viewing area (in SD).
- Full mode stretches the image from the center to fill the screen (in SD).
- Regular mode makes no adjustment to the incoming signal. 4:3 broadcasts will have side bars. (in SD).
Convenient Direct Video Inputs
The new remote control, controls your TV and lets you easily navigate the menu system.
Direct access buttons to some of the most commonly used menu features such as SOUND, VIDEO STATUS, and the SLEEP TIMER make it quick and easy to change your settings.
Best of all, new direct input buttons for each of your five video inputs are a great convenience, too.
USB Photo Viewer
The USB photo viewer enables you to turn your television into a slideshow! Connect your JVC Everio Digital Media Recorder or other compatible device and show your recent JPEG photos to your entire audience
Complete Sound Package
Hi-def imagery deserves hi-def audio. To achieve a rich 3d-like sound field, the 1080p uses the dynamics of sound to recreate a surround sound feel straight from the TV speakers.
It's a scientific fact- sound bounces around a room. The shape and location of the speakers take full advantage of this. The result is built-in speakers that produce home audio system quality- ready to take on the most demanding soundtrack.
With 20W total audio power, every LCD 1080p model generates superb sound. JVC's original bass-reflex oblique cone speakers situated on the bottom of the TV deliver sound upwards from their off-centered voice coil to reduce distortion and optimize sound quality for anyone sitting in front of the television.
|Diagonal Screen Size ||42" Class Full HD LCD|
|Cabinet Color ||Black|
|Resolution ||1920 x 1080 (W-XGA)|
|Contrast Ratio ||13000:1|
|Response Rate ||6.5msec || |
|Viewing Angle ||176 degrees|
|ATSC Tuner Built-in w/QAM ||Yes|
|5 Point Color Management ||Yes|
|Motion Adaptive Dynamic Gamma ||Yes|
|Natural Cinema (3-2 Pull Down) ||Yes|
|3D Y/C Digital Comb Filter ||Yes|
|9 Selectable Aspect Modes ||Yes|
|USB Photo Viewer ||Yes|
|Total Audio Power ||20W|
|Speakers ||Oblique Cone x 2|
|Smart Sound ||Yes|
|INPUTS & OUTPUTS|
|HDMI Inputs w/HDCP ||3|
|Smart Video Input ||1|
|Component Video Inputs ||2|
|Composite & S-Video Inputs ||2 AV / 1 S|
|Audio Output ||1 (Fixed)|
|Optical Digital Audio Output ||1|
|Panel (WxHxD) in. ||40 x 26 3/4 x 4 3/4|
|Panel w/Stand (WxHxD) in. ||40 x 29 x 4 3/4|
|Panel weight ||51.7 lbs.|
|Panel w/Stand weight ||56.1 lbs.|
|VESA Compliant ||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant ||Yes|