The Navman PiN combines the features of a navigational system with the power and versatility of a fully featured Pocket PC.
The Navman PiN (Personal Interactive Navigation) combines the latest GPS technology with elegant design to deliver the ultimate cable-free navigation solution. The new Navman PiN, with navigation features so powerful, you could say it?s a GPS receiver with a built-in PDA.
Install the maps from the map CDs provided, enter you destination (or select it from your Pocket Outlook contacts file) and drive. Your Navman PiN will guide you to your destination, with turn-by-turn voice instructions, automatic re-routing, 3D views of maps scaled to your traveling speed, including Points-of-interest, such as hotel, restaurants and airports, appearing as you drive by. Once you have arrived, take it with you and enjoy all the benefits of a fully featured Pocket PC PDA and even navigate around town on foot.
Navigation on-the-move, the compact and stylish NEW Navman PiN, sets a new standard for handheld GPS technology. Navman PiN enables you to accurately navigate from door-to-door using the latest Map data with full turn-by-turn voice guidance. Navman's SmartST mapping software means you can effortlessly enter your destination, set your route and begin your journey with confidence whether in a car or walking city streets.
Whichever you choose, the quickest route or the shortest, you'll benefit from full 3D color map views, enhanced street level detail, automatic 'Back-on-track' re-routing and 'Avoid Areas' function. In addition to knowing how to get to your destination, you will also know where you are with an accuracy of 5 meters 95% of the time with Navman's leading integrated GPS.
Delivering all the benefits of a top of the range Pocket PC, the Navman PiN is cable free and totally portable. The unit runs on Windows Mobile 2003 OS and is packed with many key features including the leading Navman SmartST 3D Mapping Software, discreet GPS Antenna, 3.5" Color Transflective LCD Display, MP3 Playback, User voice Recording (Mono), Touch Panel Screen, Memory Card Expansion Slot, Lithium Ion Battery and USB port.
This powerful combination of the Navman GPS technology and SmartST mapping software now means you can have complete state-of-the-art navigation in the palm of your hand.
Integrated GPS Patch Antenna
PiN's integrated GPS antenna delivers excellent satellite pick-up at every angle. This key feature has been adopted from the Navman iCN 630 to ensure the best performance possible.The PiN's GPS Antenna is discreet, lightweight and removes any necessity for wires or any additional receiver. This means you have a complete all-in-one GPS unit.
3D Colour Map view
The 3.5" Colour Transflective LCD Display compliments the SmartST software by delivering a bright, crystal clear 3D street level view of your journey in full colour. The PiN's display ensures you'll also benefit from on-screen Route Summary, Journey Instructions, clearly visible Points-of-Interest and SmartST user friendly interface.
The Back-On-Track technology in the Navman PiN is an integrated support feature. If you leave your programmed route, PiN's intelligent SmartST software will automatically recalculate the best path to take you to your destination. This feature can prove invaluable in the event of an accident ahead, wrong turn or diversion.
Windows Mobile 2003 OS
Navman PiN operates with Windows Mobile 2003 operating system and comes with all standard applications. SmartST seamlessly integrates with Windows Mobile 2003 OS to ensure PiN provides an effortless experience for the user. Easy navigation around the menus allows you to programme your desired route in seconds
|Features and Specifications|
- Bright, color 3D maps
- 3.5" Color Transflective LCD
- LED Backlight
- 240 x 320 qVGA resolution
- 64K colors
- Resistive Touch Screen
- Fast, dedicated processor
- Intel PXA-255 300 MHz Processor
- 64MB RAM
- 32MB Strata Flash RAM
- Built-in GPS
- GPS module built-in and patch antenna with external antenna mMCX jack
- Fully featured Pocket PC
- Windows Mobile Pocket PC 2003 operating system and applications included
- Expansion slot
- For SD and MMC cards and SDIO accessories
- Physical dimensions, Weight
- 4.40" (H), 2.75" (W), 0.95" (D), 4.2 oz.
- Voice Recording (Mono) MP3 playback support (software)
- Built-in microphone
- Built-in speaker. 2.5mm mini jack for headphones
- Battery and Power
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium Ion, 1350mAh capacity for 5 to 8 hours continuous operation
- AC adapter for ActiveSync cable providing charging and use indoors
- Wireless Connectivity - IrDA
- Interfaces - 1 x USB - 4 pin USB Type A, 1 x docking / port replicator - 22 pin docking, 1 x headphones - sub-mini phone stereo 2.5 mm
- Service and support: Manufacturer One year
- SmartST V2.01 four disc CD wallet with software and maps for United States and Canada. CDs include:
- SmartST V2.01 Pocket PC 3D View navigation software
- United States and Canada maps covering the USA (48 contiguous states plus Hawaii, Alaska) and Canada
- Application Installer
- Map Installer
- User Manual
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Easy-to-use interface:
- Large, clear menu items
- Easy-to-read maps
- 3D View giving the best perspective on the streets ahead
- Address-to-address navigation, including navigation to
- City or Town centers,
- Street name only,
- full street addresses,
- 5 digit ZIP Codes,
- PLUS, Pocket Outlook Contacts integration
- Route planning with automatic Back-on-Track re-routing after a detour
- Route setup options including shortest time, shortest distance, avoid toll roads and avoid urban areas
- Extensive and simple-to-use POIs. Search by name and category for hotels, gas stations, restaurants, ATMs and more
- Concise voice and visual turn-by-turn instructions
- Four Guidance Screens, which include:
- Map screen to pan and zoom around the maps with or without a destination programmed.
- Navigation screen with 3D view with adjustable zoom and angle control
- Turn-By-Turn screen with large turn arrows and road names
- Maneuvers List screen with full turn-by-turn list plus the distance to the turns along the current route
- Fully automatic operation when driving
- Auto zooming via current driving speed
- Access maps directly from loaded memory card (not included)
- Estimated units of measure automatically calculated and selectable on navigation screen:
- time of arrival,
- distance to go,
- time to go, and
- miles per hour