The lightweight and compact COOLPIX L12 delivers a highly capable blend of impressive image technologies and exceptionally easy operation. Built to satisfy, this camera boasts 7.1 megapixels and a host of automatic functions designed to let even absolute beginners take sharp and steady shots. Its High-Sensitivity mode automatically selects the optimal light setting from a light sensitivity range up to ISO 1600, and its Lens Shift Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization system counters the effect of camera shake in your images and works to produce a steady image on the LCD that makes it easier to capture the right moment. Equipped with a handy Anti-Shake mode that instantly activates Lens Shift VR, High-Sensitivity mode and Best Shot Selector all at once, the COOLPIX L12 lets you create blur- free images and movies with ease. This camera is produced in matte silver.
- 7.1 megapixel resolution means detailed images that stay sharp even when significantly enlarged.
- 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens covering the key photographic range of 35-105mm (35mm equivalent).
- Lens Shift Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization system counters the effects of camera shake to produce sharp images and movies and deliver clear images in lower light. Active the entire time the camera is switched on, sensors in the VR lens unit detect camera movement and make precise automatic adjustments to reduce blur in your images and movies, as well as on the camera?s LCD monitor.
- Light sensitivity range of up to ISO 1600 reduces the risk of blurry images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low-light situations. High-Sensitivity mode can be activated for more extreme situations.
- Large 2.5" LCD monitor simplifies composition and play back.
- Anti-Shake mode counters the effects of camera shake and subject movement by simultaneously activating Lens Shift VR, High-Sensitivity mode and Best Shot Selector, which lets you select the sharpest of up to 10 sequential shots.
- One-touch portrait button with direct access to Nikon?s In-camera COOLPIX technologies: Face-priority AF automatically locates and focuses on people?s faces ensuring superb, crisply focused portraits. D-Lighting rescues underexposed images by improving brightness and picture detail where needed, while leaving correctly exposed areas just as they are. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix analyzes each image and automatically finds and corrects any accidental red-eye, which can sometimes occur in flash photography.
- Movie recording with sound at 30fps. Recording time depends only upon the size of your memory card.
- Convenient AA-size battery compatibility makes it easy replenish your camera?s power source no matter where you are in the world.
- PictBridge and ImageLink compatible: the capability to connect directly to any PictBridge or ImageLink compatible printer means that you can make great prints without the need for a computer to process the job.
- Body color: matte silver (Some colors may not be available in certain countries. Please refer to your Nikon website or local Nikon dealer for more information).
Effective pixels: 7.1 million
Image sensor: 1/2.5-in. CCD; approx. 7.41 million total pixels
Lens: 3x Zoom-Nikkor; 5.7-17.1mm (35mm  format picture angle: 35-105mm); f/2.8-4.7; 5 elements in 5 groups; digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: approx. 420mm)
Focus range (from lens): 1 ft. 8 in. (50cm) to infinity. Macro close-up mode: 5.9 in. (15cm) to infinity
Monitor: 2.5-in., 115,000-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 21 MB) and SDHC memory cards
Movie: With sound: TV movie (640) at 30fps, small size (320) at 30fps/15fps, smaller size (160) at 15fps; stop-motion (640)
Image size (pixels): 3072 x 2304 (High: 3072*, Normal: 3072), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC screen: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV screen: 640), 3072 x 1728 (16:9)
Vibration Reduction (VR): Lens shift VR
ISO sensitivity: Auto (auto gain ISO 50-1600)
Built-in flash: Range: (W) 0.5-8.0m (1 ft. 8 in. - 26 ft. 3 in.), (T) approx. 0.5-4.5m (1 ft. 8 in. - 14 ft. 9 in.)
Supported languages: Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Finnish, Swedish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, Thai
Power sources: Two AA alkaline, oxyride, or lithium batteries, two EN-MH1 rechargeable NiMH batteries (optional), EH-65A AC adapter (optional)
Battery life: Approx. 150 shots with alkaline, 600 shots with lithium, or 370 shots with EN-MH1 batteries (based on CIPA standard)
Dimensions (WxHxD): 91 x 61 x 26 mm (3.6 x 2.4 x 1.0 in.) excluding projections
Weight: Approx. 125 g (4.4 oz.) without battery and SD memory card
Optional Accessories: Battery Charger MH-71, Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery EN-MH1, AC Adapter EH-65A
PictureProject System Requirements: OS Macintosh: Mac(R) OS X version 10.3.9; 10.4.xWindows: Windows(R) Vista (32 bit), Windows(R) XP Home Edition/Professional, Windows(R) 2000 Professional pre-installed modelsNote: CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.