Nikon factory refurbished products have been restored to factory specification of brand new operating condition and carry a 90-day Nikon Warranty. These product have minimal or no signs of prior use and are in mint or near mint condition.
Don't miss a minute of the action.
When life is action-packed, you need a camera that takes great photos and videos without interrupting the fun. The super-fast, super-easy COOLPIX L610 hits the mark. Zoom way in with a 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens. Optical VR image stabilization keeps the shot steady (even if your hands are not). You won't have to worry about camera settings - Easy Auto Mode makes all the control decisions for you. Fire off blazing fast 16-megapixel action sequences, even after the sun goes down. And since the COOLPIX L610 uses regular AA batteries, you'll never be without power.
Zoom in on the action
14x telephoto zoom with Optical VR image stabilization
When the action starts, you want to catch it - sometimes from a safe distance. With the COOLPIX L610's powerful telephoto Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens, you can zoom in on your subject from amazingly far away. Extreme macro shots are just as easy. The COOLPIX L610 lets you get as close as 0.4-in. (1 cm) from your subject! And whether near or far, your photos and videos will be razor-sharp, thanks to built-in Optical VR image stabilization.
Catch great moments
Superior low-light performance
The COOLPIX L610's highly sensitive 16.0-megapixel CMOS sensor lets you shoot with confidence in the most challenging conditions. You'll create brilliant photos and Full HD (1080p) videos in nearly any lighting situation - indoors without a flash, during sunsets, on cloudy days, beside nighttime cityscapes and more. And when the action speeds up, no problem! The COOLPIX L610 has ultra-fast framing rates and can fire up to 1.9 shots per second (4 shots) for exciting action sequences. Target Finding AF ensures your subject is in focus in every frame.
Maximum results, minimum fuss
Onboard intelligence for easy success
When you're shooting fast action, you don't have time to fuss with camera settings. Luckily, the COOLPIX L610 can do all the work for you. Easy Auto Mode automatically detects what you're shooting and selects the best Scene Mode (from among 6) for the situation. For more challenging situations, choose one of the camera's 19 Scene Modes like Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Backlighting and more, and the COOLPIX L610 will make sure you get great results!
High definition videos with style
Some stories can only be told with a movie. When that moment happens, just touch the COOLPIX L610's movie record button and you'll instantly be recording in Full HD (1080p) with stereo sound.
Ready when you are
The COOLPIX L610 can run on two regular AA batteries, so a fresh set of batteries will never be far out of reach. It also accepts alkaline, lithium type and Nikon rechargeable batteries, available as an optional accessory.
- Capture faraway subjects with 14x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens (25-350mm) and macro shooting to 0.4 in. (1cm).
- Optical VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effects of camera shake for sharp, clear images.
- New Intelligent AF System determines the main subject in the photo and adjusts focus accordingly. Attain sharp clear images even when focused on small subjects.
- Approx. 16.79 MP CMOS sensor enables better shots in low light and faster framing rates.
- Full HD (1080p) Movie recording with a simple push of a button. Stereo sound recording enhances movie capture, while a built-in HDMI port allows HD-TV connectivity.
- 3-inch LCD Monitor with 460,000-dot resolution for easy viewing in both shooting and playback modes.
- Special Effects can be applied prior to shooting stills and movies and include Soft, High Key, Low Key, and Selective Color effects for a creative touch.
- Filter Effects can be applied to still images after they have been shot. Add a creative look to your shots with Soft, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Miniature and Painting effects.
- Compact Digital Camera
- 16.0 million
- 1/2.3 in.
- 16.79 million (approx.)
- 14x optical Zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens
Lens Focal Length
- 4.5-63.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-350mm lens in 35mm  format)
- 11 elements in 10 groups
- Up to 2x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 700mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Lens-shift VR
- Contrast-detect TTL AF
Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection
- Auto (9-area automatic selection)
- Face priority
- Manual with 99 focus areas
- Subject tracking
- [W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity
- [T]: Approx. 3 ft. 4 in. (1 m.) to infinity
- Macro close-up mode: Approx. 0.4 in. (1 cm.) to infinity
Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points
- 3.0 in. diagonal
- TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating
- 5-level brightness adjustment
Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode)
- 96% horizontal (Approx.)
- 96% vertical (Approx.)
Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode)
- 96% horizontal (Approx.)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- SDXC memory card
- Approx. 28MB
Storage File System
- EXIF 2.3
- DPOF MPF compliant
Storage File formats
- Still pictures: JPEG
- Audio files: WAV
- Movies: MOV (video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, audio: AAC monaural)
- 3D pictures: MPO
- Audio file format: AAC stereo
- Full HD: 1920x1080p / 30fps
- HD: 1280x720p / 30fps
- iFrame 540: 960x540 / 30fps
- Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264
- Standard TV: 640x480 / 30fps
Voice Memo Function
Image Size (pixels)
- 4608 x 3456 (16 million)
- ISO 125-3200
- Auto (auto gain ISO 125-1600)
Lowest ISO Sensitivity
Highest ISO Sensitivity
- 256-segment matrix, center-weighted (digital zoom less than 2X)
- Spot (digital zoom 2X or more)
- Programmed auto exposure (shutter speed, ND filter selection and ISO sensitivity)
- Flexible program with motion detection
- Programmed Auto
- Back Light, Beach, Close Up, Copy, Dusk/Dawn, Easy Panorama, Fireworks Show, Food, Landscape, Museum, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Party/Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Snow, Sports, Sunset, 3D Photography
In-Camera Image Editing
- Filter Effects
- Quick retouch
- Skin softening
- ? 2 EV in steps of 1/3
- Preset Manual
- Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter
- 1/1600-1 sec. (when ISO sensitivity set to Auto)
- 4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution
- Up to 4 shots at approx. 1.9 frames per second
Continuous Shooting Options
- Best Shot Selector
- Multi-shot 16
- Electronically controlled ND filter (-2.0 AV) insertion
- 10 second duration
Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto)
- [W]: 0.5 to 6.0m (1ft. 8in. to 19ft.)
- [T]: 1.5 to 3.2m (5 ft. to 10 ft.)
Built-in Flash Control
- TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Hi-speed USB
Interface Data transfer protocol
- Can be selected from:
- Audio/video (A/V) output
- Digital I/O (USB)
- HDMI Mini Connector (HDMI output)
- Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese
- 2 AA-size batteries
- AA (Alkaline, NiMH, Oxyride or Lithium)
Battery / Batteries
- AA (Alkaline, NiMH, Oxyride or Lithium)
Battery Life (shots per charge)
- AA Alkaline: 120 shots
- AA Lithium: 470 shots
- EN-MH2: 330 shots
Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA) standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(-/+2)?C (73(-/+4)?F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot, imagequality set to Normal, image size set to 4608 x 3456 (16M). Battery life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and images are displayed.
- Height: 2.7in. (68.4mm)
- Width: 4.3in. (108mm)
- Depth: 1.4in. (34.1mm)
Excluding projections. Method of noting dimensions and weight is in accordance with CIPA DCG-005-2009 guideline.
- 8.5 oz. (240g)
With battery and SD memory card. Method of noting dimensions and weight is in accordance with CIPA DCG-005-2009 guideline.
- Temperature: 0 to 40?C (32 to 104?F)