The new Nikon Coolpix S510 is designed to take great pictures and look great while doing so. One reason that you will want to pull this camera out of their purse or pocket is Nikon?s face detection feature, which is faster than ever and can now detect up to 12 faces. This face priority autofocus, available on the Nikon Coolpix S510 camera, finds a face swiftly when detected within the frames shot, measures the brightness of the person?s face and determines the best exposure.
- 8.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 3x Optical Zoom-Nikkor Glass Lens - Nikkor optics provide exceptional pictures
- Optical VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Incredible, Bright 2.5-inch High Resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures
- High Response allows the camera to power-up within 0.7 seconds and shutter delay of only 5ms
- Auto Adjusts up to ISO 2000 to let you keep shooting, even in low light
- All-New Stylish, All-Metal Design slips right into your shirt pocket or purse!
- In-camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red eyes again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit pictures by improving brightness and detail where needed.
Effective pixels: 8.1 million
Image sensor: 1/2.5-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 8.29 million
Lens: 3x Zoom-Nikkor; 5.7-17.1mm (35mm  format picture angle: 35-105mm); f/2.8-4.7; 5 elements in 5 groups; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 420mm)
Focus range (from lens): 1 ft., 7.7 in. (50cm) to infinity, Macro close-up mode: 5.9 in. (15cm) to infinity
Monitor: 2.5-in., 230,000-dot, TFT LCD with wide viewing angle and anti-reflection coating
Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 52 MB), SD/SDHC memory card compatible
Image size (pixels): 3246 x 2448 (High: 3264*/Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3200 x 1800 (16:9)
Vibration reduction (VR): Optical VR image stabilization
ISO sensitivity: ISO 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, Auto (auto gain ISO 64-1000)
Power sources: EN-EL10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (supplied), EH-62D AC Adapter (optional)
Battery life: Approx. 170 shots with EN-EL10 battery (based on CIPA standard)
Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 3.5 x 2.0 x 0.9 in (88 x 51 x 22mm) excluding projections
Weight: Approx. 4.4 oz (125 g) without battery and SD memory card