The COOLPIX S700 sets a rare example by delivering photographic performance that exceeds expectations of the smallest body among competing compact digital cameras. Imaging power begins with a full 12.1 effective megapixels of sharp resolution from the new 1/1.72-inch CCD image sensor and precision optics of a 3x Zoom-NIKKOR lens. Completing the set is a new digital image processing engine that not only delivers the high performance to reproduce these high-resolution images with clarity and true-to-life color, but also to realize delightfully fast camera response.
The stylish contours and fine finish of the COOLPIX S700's aluminum body also conceals the heart of a true high performance camera, one designed to free users to enjoy being part of the experience while capturing special moments at will. The COOLPIX S700 powers up within 0.9 seconds. And its practically imperceptible shutter release time lag is 0.005 seconds or less.
- 12.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 20 x 30 inches
- 3x Optical Zoom-Nikkor Glass Lens-high quality Nikkor optics provide exceptional pictures
- Optical VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Incredible, Bright 2.7-inch High Resolution LCD makes it easy to compose and share your pictures
- All-New Stylish, All-Metal Design slips right into your shirt pocket or purse!
- Quick Response lets the camera power up within 0.9 seconds and shutter delay of only 5ms
- Auto Adjusts up to ISO 3200 allows you to keep shooting, even in low light
- In-camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red eyes again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology that automatically focuses on faces.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit pictures by improving brightness and detail where needed.
Effective pixels: 12.1 million
Image sensor: 1/1.72-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.43 million
Lens: 3x Zoom-Nikkor; 7.9-23.7mm (35mm  format picture angle: 37-111mm); f/2.8-5.4; 7 elements in 5 groups; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 444mm)
Focus range (from lens): 1 ft., 7.7 in (50cm) to infinity, Macro close-up mode: 2.4 in (6cm) to infinity
Monitor: 2.7-in., 230,000-dot, wide viewing angle TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 52MB), SD/SDHC memory card compatible
Image size (pixels): 4000 x 3000 (12M), 3264 x 2448 (8M), 2592 x 1944 (5M), 2048 x 1536 (3M), 1024 x 768 (PC), 640 x 480 (TV), 3968 x 2232 (16:9)
Vibration reduction (VR): Image Sensor Shift
ISO sensitivity: ISO 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 2000, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 64-1000)
Power sources: EN-EL10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (supplied), EH-62D AC Adapter (optional)
Battery life: Approx. 150 shots with EN-EL10 battery (based on CIPA standard)
Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 3.5 x 2.1 x 0.9 in (89 x 54 x 23 mm) excluding projections
Weight: Approx. 4.6 oz (130 g) without battery and SD memory card