Bouncing the light for beautiful indoor portrait images - Pictures can look very different depending on how you use the light. But lighting a shot is not at all difficult. The flash head of the SB-N7 can tilt up to 120 degrees upward allowing you to bounce the light off the ceiling or wall to depict a softer, more natural look to your subject. You can easily control the lighting to take a beautiful indoor portrait picture creatively.
Even more flash power - Despite its compact size, the SB-N7 has a guide number (the flash's ability to illuminate a subject) of approx. 18/59 (m/ft, ISO 100, 20?C/68?F) enabling you to take impressive backlit photos in which you can cast a soft, golden veil over the subject. The powerful flash helps you expand the range of your creative expressions.
SW-N7 Wide-Flash Adapter for widening the angle of coverage and softening the light - The SB-N7 comes packaged with the SW-N7 Wide-Flash Adapter. This wide-flash adapter expands the illuminating angle of the SB-N7 and diffuses its lighting power. This is useful when using a wide-angle lens or when lighting your subject softly with direct light.
Superior light distribution that lights up all four corners evenly - In addition to the guide number, which indicates flash output level, another important factor to take note of is how the flash distributes light. Nikon's Speedlights are renowned for their superior light distribution and the SB-N7 is no exception, distributing even light across the entire picture frame.
-Comparison with a competitor's model
Compact and lightweight design for great portability - Minimally designed to accommodate the compact Nikon 1 cameras, the SB-N7's excellent portability is sure to expand your joy of shooting photos. Available in black or white.
Easy operation - Shooting with the flash is easy - simply connect it to Nikon 1 camera's multi accessory port and switch the SB-N7 on. Nikon's i-TTL flash control with greater precision in flash exposure evaluation achieves optimum automatic flash balance. Superior operability is ensured, even for beginners.
Readily available AAA-size batteries - The SB-N7 uses two AAA-size alkaline or NiMH batteries which are readily available anywhere in case you run out of power.
- Supported cameras - Interchangeable lens format digital cameras with multi accessory ports
Guide number (20 degrees C/68 degrees F) - 18/59 (m/ft, ISO 100)
- Effective flash range (i-TTL) - 0.6 m to 20 m/2 ft to 66 ft (varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture)
- Angle of illumination - Covers angle of view of 10 mm lens (6.7 mm with wide-flash adapter)
- Supported flash control modes - i-TTL, manual
- Options available using camera controls - Flash mode: Fill flash (front-curtain sync), front-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, and rear-curtain with slow sync, Flash control mode: i-TTL, manual, Flash compensation
- Bounce angle - Flash rotates vertically up to 120? with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 60?, 75?, 90?, and 120?
- Device on/off - Power switch used to turn SB-N7 on and off
- Power source - Two AAA alkaline or NiMH batteries
- Flash-ready light - Charging complete: Lights, Warning: Blinks
- Flash duration - Lights for about 1/1650 s when fired at full power
- Other options - Thermal cut-out; Firmware can be updated from camera
- Dimensions (W x H x D) - Approx. 57.4 x 68.4 x 62.3 mm (2.3 x 2.7 x 2.5 in.)
- Weight - Approx. 115 g (4.1 oz), including batteries, Approx. 92 g (3.2 oz), body only
- Supplied accessories - SW-N7 Wide-Flash Adapter, SS-DC1 Soft Case, BS-N2000 Mounting Foot Cover