The E-30 is for photographers looking to turn ordinary moments into extraordinary masterpieces. Autofocus Live View with Multiple Exposure shooting lets you create artistic effects in-camera. Six Art Filters instantly give your images a variety of creative looks. Features like Face Detection, Shadow Adjustment Technology and In-body Image Stabilization ensure clear, crisp images in any shooting situation. It all adds up to a DSLR for photographers who want to express themselves more artistically.
ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 Lens
|This 3x standard zoom lens is the smallest and lightest in its class and features a closest focusing distance of only 25cm. The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) and two aspherical lens elements correct aberrations without increasing lens dimensions. The circular aperture diaphragm enables beautiful defocusing - one of the big advantages of this lens. Excellent mobility is assured by a weight of less than 190 grams. |
EXPRESS YOUR CREATIVITY WITH ART FILTERS.
New to the E-30, is technology that conveniently helps you transform a basic image that faithfully represents the scene into an image that carries emotional impact. The new Art Filters take this expressive ability to a higher level, replicating six dramatic effects as you shoot using the Autofocus Live View LCD. Pop Art: Enhances colors, making them more saturated and vivid, creating high-impact pictures that express the joyful, lighthearted feeling of the Pop Art style of the 1960s. Soft Focus: Creates an ethereal atmosphere that renders subjects in a heavenly light without obscuring details. Pale & Light Color: Encloses the foreground of an image in flat gentle light and pastel colors reminiscent of a flashback scene in a movie. Light Tone: Renders shade and highlight areas softly to lend an elegant air to the subject. Grainy Film: Evokes the feeling of documentary footage shot in monochrome with grainy, high-contrast film. Pin Hole Camera: Reduces the peripheral brightness of an image as though it were shot through a pin hole, connecting the viewer intimately with the subject at the center of the picture.
AUTOFOCUS LIVE VIEW.
Two innovative technologies merge to create a unique digital experience. The advanced Live View Autofocus works as seamlessly as a point-and-shoot to display subjects, in focus, on the LCD the instant the shutter is pressed half way. And the Swivel Live View LCD enables photographers to hold the camera away from their face and at angles they cannot easily reach by using the optical viewfinder alone. During composition, settings like white balance and exposure can be selected, and their impact is seen instantly on the LCD, thanks to Live View. Real-time monitoring offers amazing versatility and creative control.
MULTIPLE EXPOSURE SHOOTING.
Shoot up to four images in one frame in both the Live View and optical viewing modes. More evidence that Olympus is the undisputed leader in Live View technology, the E-30's Live View Autofocus now has a Multiple Exposure feature. Now you can take your best shot and combine it with another great shot right on the camera's LCD. Multiple Exposure overlays an image with multiple frames and saves it on a single image. For example, shoot a silhouette of a child against a sunset sky, then overlay a shot of a portrait of the child to create a lasting memory. The creative possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination. You can also overlay up to four RAW images after shooting with this innovative feature. It?s art created on the fly.
FACE DETECTION AND SHADOW ADJUSTMENT TECHNOLOGY.
Face Detection is an innovative technology that can track up to eight faces within the image area and automatically focuses and optimizes exposure for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures. Shadow Adjustment Technology compensates for extreme contrast when shadowed areas lack visible detail. Shadow Adjustment Technology adjusts the exposure in the shadows while retaining all the detail in the bright areas. This technology works automatically when using Face Detection Mode, Live View and in Scene-Select Modes.
270 DEGREE SWIVEL 2.7" HYPERCRYSTAL II LCD.
Unlike others with fixed LCDs, the new camera's 100 percent accurate 270 degree swivel 2.7-inch Live View HyperCrystal LCD can be rotated freely so photographers can compose at tough angles, including overhead and down low, without feeling like a contortionist. Because Live View enables an E-30 photographer to communicate face-to-face with subjects and still have everything in the frame with the camera body out of the way, an encouraging smile or wink of the eye can be used with a shy or nervous subject to get the desired results.
MULTI-ASPECT RATIO SHOOTING.
Since photography is a form of expression that is essentially based on clipping a scene, framing is an important component of style. The E-30 provides nine aspect ratios including the standard 4:3, as well as 16:9 for impressive, cinematic-style images, and 6:6, which is available with medium format cameras, plus 3:2, 5:4, 7:6, 6:5, 7:5 and 3:4. By selecting the aspect ratio before shooting and easily reviewing images on the LCD throughout the shoot, the Multi-Aspect function adds a new means of expression to your photography.
12.3 MEGAPIXEL LIVE-MOS IMAGER.
The new camera's high-performance 12.3-megapixel Live MOS image sensor delivers excellent dynamic range, accurate color fidelity and fine image details in both highlight and shadow areas.
SHOOT AT THE SPEED OF A PRO.
Besides the ability to indulge your creative side, the E-30 has the ability to capture anything. An innovative 11-Point Twin Cross Sensor and dedicated AF sensor combined with our ED 12-60mm f2.8-4.0 SWD lens gives you the same record-breaking autofocus speed as our E-3 pro camera.
STABILIZATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE BODY, NOT THE LENSES.
The E-30 features In-body Image Stabilization. That means you can use any Four Thirds lens, from wide-angle to telephoto, for perfectly clear, crisp photos no matter what the shooting situation, even in low light situations. With the E-30, you can compensate for camera shake by up to 5 shutter speed steps.
- On-screen Autofocus with Live View works as seamlessly as a point-and-shoot to display subjects, in focus, on the LCD the instant the shutter is pressed half way.
- With the new camera?s Multiple Exposure function it is possible to alter space and time by combining images shot in different locations and moments, lending your photos another dramatic dimension. You can either combine the images in playback mode; or, thanks to the new TruePic III+ Image Processor, you can compose, capture and combine your images on the fly directly on the camera's LCD.
- The benefits of the Four Thirds Mount on Olympus E-System cameras are many. You get a digitally designed image sensor, a compact design, as well as expandability and compatibility with the rest of the Four Thirds System.
- The new Art Filters allow you to replicate dramatic effects as you shoot using the Autofocus Live View LCD.
- Tracks up to 8 faces and automatically focuses and optimizes exposures for sharp, brilliant portrait pictures.
- Shadow Adjustment Technology brings out more details in shadows. It captures scenes exactly as you see them, even in challenging situations -- like when shooting a backlit subject.
- The 2.7-inch dual-axis, high-definition, Live View monitor swivels 270 degrees so you can capture dramatic images, even at difficult-to-shoot angles. The HyperCrystal II wide-angle display, with 360-degree articulation, makes composition and image viewing possible at any angle.
- Express yourself by altering how you frame the world -- choose from nine aspect ratios, from the standard 4:3 to the cinematic 16:9. By selecting an aspect ratio before shooting and easily reviewing images on the LCD throughout the shoot, the Multi-Aspect function adds a new means of expression to your photography.
- The powerful 12.3-megapixel Live-MOS sensor means you'll capture more detail than ever before in your pictures. And you'll have the flexibility to crop and still produce large, detailed prints.
- When it comes to measuring camera speed, autofocus is a key factor. Thanks to the new 14-54mm II lens with high-speed Imager AF, shooting with Live View is faster than ever - a key element in utilizing the new camera's art filters. And AF accuracy is further ensured by precise 11-point imager AF with the 12.3 megapixel Live MOS sensor.
- In-Body Image Stabilization is a state-of-the-art technology, preventing camera shake for blur free photography. Built into the camera body using the SWD motors, this image stabilization works with all Four Thirds and Zuiko Digital lenses from the 8mm fisheye (16mm equivalent in 35mm photography) to the 300mm super telephoto (600mm equivalent) for handheld shots. Shoot in low light and slower shutter speeds without worry.
- The Olympus dust reduction system is an industry first and a proven technology. Every time you turn on the E-520, the Supersonic Wave Filter - located between the shutter and the image sensor - silently vibrates an amazing 30,000 times per second. Dust is flung away and collected so it can't come back.
- Settings like Manual, Program, Aperture, and Shutter Speed Priority allow for full manual control of the camera for advanced creative shooting. Yet the E-30 can also be set to Auto so you can easily capture beautiful images.
- With the E-30's various camera controls, depending on the shooting situation, Program Camera Control automatically adjusts settings - such as the optimum aperture value and shutter speed - according to the subject brightness, or the optimum shutter speed for the aperture value you have selected.
- The remote release allows the user to take pictures over long exposures without shaking the camera. Additionally, it offers the possibility of locking the release button for bulb exposure.
- With the E-30, there are five Metering Modes: Digital ESP metering, Center weighted averaging metering, and three types of spot metering. With the E-30, you can select the most suitable mode for the shooting condition.
- The E-30 is equipped with an internal Digital Level Sensor that detects the camera?s pitch and roll and indicates it in the optical viewfinder on the control panel, and during Live View operation. This Digital Leveler is a tremendous benefit to landscape and architectural photographers who must ensure that images they take of scenes or buildings are as true as the walls of the buildings themselves. Rather than spend time rotating an image in computer software, you can use the new camera?s Digital Leveler to make sure your subjects are where they should be in the frame.
- In-Body AF Focus Adjustment lets you use the AF Sensor (when set to Hybrid AF or AF Sensor) to fine-adjust the focusing position to a range of +/- 20 steps.
- The E-30 is compatible with the Olympus FL-50R and FL-36R wireless electronic flashes that are designed exclusively for digital photography. Gain remote control of up to 200 flashes divided into as many as 3 groups for easy camera controlled wireless flash, without needing an external commander unit.
- Accepting Compact Flash Type I & II, UDMA , Microdrives, and xD-Picture Cards, the E-30 provides a choice of data storage options for enhanced flexibility, and it is possible to transfer image files from one card to the other right inside the camera.