This new Camcorder was discovered defective out of the original box. It has been repaired by a Panasonic service center.
Are you the kind of videographer who takes color accuracy and picture quality seriously? If so, Panasonic designed the PV-GS120 just for you! It features a sophisticated Leica Dicomar lens, and an advanced three-CCD design that records the red, green, and blue components of an image separately. As a result, you get video that's alive with clear, vivid color ? not marred by visual artifacts like ghosting or flare.
But the fact that the PV-GS120 produces video gorgeous enough to please even demanding hobbyists doesn't mean that it's not easy enough for a novice to use! The Digital Electronic Image Stabilizer keeps your video steady, even when your hand isn't. Record full-color video in low light using the MagicPix? feature. The built-in zoom mic is a cool touch: it automatically targets the sound of your distant subject as you zoom in visually. You can let the cam focus automatically, or use manual focus to make more precise adjustments. On top of all that, the 'GS120 offers tele/macro ability, for capturing extreme close-ups when you're too far from your subject for a conventional macro shot. And given its many abilities, this camcorder is surprisingly compact.
When you'd rather record digital photos, just switch to photo mode and snap away! With intelligent Quad-Density Pixel Distribution, you get a total of 1.2-megapixel photo capture, resulting in crisp digital photos. Photos are saved to the included 8MB Secure Digital? (SD) card; you can then transfer them to your computer using the supplied USB interface.
Like to chat online? Videoconferencing is even better! The PV-GS120 can stream live video to your PC through its USB port, enabling you to videoconference over the Internet (requires Microsoft? NetMeeting?).
- 3 separate 460,000-pixel CCDs
- digital photo mode with RapidFire? Consecutive Still Shooting
- photo resolution options: 1280 x 960; 640 x 480
- SD Card slot for use with MultiMediaCard? or SD (Secure Digital) memory cards
- 2-1/2" color LCD viewscreen
- color viewfinder
- PCM stereo digital audio (12-bit or 16-bit)
- variable-speed 10X Leica Dicomar optical zoom lens (digital zoom to 700X)
- built-in zoom mic
- Digital Electronic Image Stabilizer
- MagicPix for low-light recording
- auto and manual focus ( not Available with this model )
- shutter speed range (1/60 ? 1/8,000)
- Auto Exposure modes
- digital effects
- i.LINK digital A/V jack (IEEE 1394)
- USB (1.1) interface
- A/V input/output, including S-video
- video streaming to PC via USB
- 3"W x 3"H x 6"D
- weight: 1.0 lbs. without battery