Want the fastest Blu-ray burner currently in the market? Looking for Pioneer's most powerful and full featured drive? Don't want to settle for less than the best? Then the BDR-2209 is the perfect drive for you.
The BDR-2209 is an internal SATA Blu-ray, DVD, and CD burner that supports the BDXL format, which has available triple layer (TL) and quad layer (QL) Blu-ray media.
Need software to tackle all your playback, editing, authoring and burning needs? The BDR-2209 is bundled with CyberLink Media Suite 10, which includes PowerDVD 10, PowerDirector 10, and Power2Go 7 and supports Windows 8.
- PowerDVD 10 delivers award-winning playback software and will upscale standard-definition content to look better on HD displays.
- PowerDirector 10 allows you to import your home movies, edit them, and then author them to Blu-ray Disc or DVD, or upload them to social media sites.
- Power2Go 7 gives you the ability to burn your valuable files to Blu-ray (including triple and quad layer BDXL discs), DVD or CD media. With BDXL support, you can now back up your files with fewer discs than ever before.
Running out of hard drive space? Don't trust a hard drive with your irreplaceable files? With triple layer and quad layer BDXL media, you can store up to 128GB on a single disc. That's the equivalent of 27 single layer DVD discs or 15 dual layer DVD discs. And with up to 16x write speeds on BD-R media, you can do it fast.
The BDR-2209 also has features such as PowerRead, Auto Quiet mode, PureRead, and QuickPlay. PowerRead can provide smoother movie playback when a disc has fingerprints or minor surface scratches. Auto Quiet mode intelligently adjusts the disc rotation speed to reduce noise (useful while watching movies or listening to music), PureRead automatically adjusts drive parameters to minimize sound glitches during music playback, and QuickPlay reduces the time between inserting a disc and that disc being ready. For movies on DVD and Blu-ray, the disc is ready faster than with previous Pioneer drives.
Being a Pioneer drive, the BDR-2209 drive supports a wide range of blank media.
Remember...data doesn't exist until it exists twice! So secure your data by backing it up on a disc.
Store more data
Up to 156% more data storage capacity than a 50GB Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc. The BDXL format supports BDXL Blu-ray media (including 128GB Quad Layer (QL) and 100GB Triple Layer (TL) Blu-ray Disc).
Up to 16x writing on BD-R single-layer discs, 14x on BD-R DL discs, and 8x writing on BD-R triple-layer discs.
Get to your files faster
With QuickPlay, the amount of time between inserting a ROM disc, and that disc being ready, has been reduced. For movies on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, the disc is ready faster when compared to previous Pioneer drives.
Smooth movie playback
Scratches, fingerprints and other abnormalities on the surface of a disc can sometimes cause Blu-ray and DVD movie playback to stop. When a PowerRead enabled drive is not able to read through obstructed areas of a disc, it will attempt to move forward quickly to the next available data point, resulting in smoother Blu-ray and DVD movie playback.
A smarter drive
Pioneer drives with Auto Quiet mode, monitor how they are being used and adjust their speed automatically ? high speed for data transfer, and low speed for music or movie playback.
A better music experience
Scratches and fingerprints on your CDs can cause them to skip. A drive normally makes a calculated guess at the unreadable data and attempts to correct this to match the original music. However this is not 100% accurate. PureRead, when enabled, makes the drive reread the obscured data to extract the original music as accurately as possible.
Wide blank media support
Pioneer strives to have best-in-class performance over a wide range of media ? our drives achieve this for a large variety of BD and DVD media. Refer to the drive?s media support list for all supported media and the write speed that can be achieved.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP SP3
- Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66MHz), AMD Phenom 9450 (2.1GHz) or faster
- Video Card - Intel G45, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, AMD Radeon HD2600 or faster
- Display - HDCP5 compliant display required for Blu-ray playback, 1024 x 768 minimum display resolution
- Memory - 2GB RAM required for Blu-ray playback, 3GB RAM or greater recommended for editing HD video
- Hard Disk Space - 5GB available space minimum, 128GB or more available space required for creating quad-layer Blu-ray Discs
- BD - BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-R TL, BD-R QL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-RE TL, BD-R LTH
- DVD - DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM
- CD - CD-R, CD-RW
- BD - BD-ROM, BD-ROM DL, BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-R TL, BD-R QL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL, BD-RE TL, BD-R LTH
- DVD - DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM DL, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM
- CD - CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW
- BD-R - BD-R SL = 16x, BD-R DL = 14x, BD-R TL = 8x, BD-R QL = 6x, BD-R LTH = 8x
- BD-RE - BD-RE SL/DL/TL = 2x
- DVD-R - 16x
- DVD-RW - 6x
- DVD+R - 16x
- DVD+RW - 8x
- DVD+R (Double Layer) - 8x
- DVD-R (Double Layer) - 8x
- CD-R - 40x
- CD-RW - 24x
- BD-R - BD-R SL = 12x, BD-R DL = 8x, BD-R TL/QL = 6x, BD-R LTH = 8x
- BD-RE - BD-RE SL = 10x, BD-RE DL = 6x, BD-RE TL = 4x
- BD-ROM - BD-ROM SL = 12x, BD-ROM DL = 8x
- DVD-ROM (Single) - 16x
- DVD-ROM (Dual) - 12x
- DVD-R, DVD-RW - DVD-R = 16x, DVD-RW = 12x
- DVD+R, DVD+RW - DVD+R = 16x, DVD+RW = 12x
- CD-ROM - 40x
- CD-R - 40x
- CD-RW - 24x
- Data Buffer - 4MB
- Mounting Orientation - Horizontal or Vertical
- Interface - Serial ATA (SATA)
- Operating System Support - Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP SP3
- Dimensions (inches) - 5.8 (W) x 1.67 (H) x 7.09 (D)
- Dimensions (mm) - 148 (W) x 42.3 (H) x 180 (D)
- Weight - 740g or 1.63lbs