SSD 850 PRO 2.5" SATA III 2TB
- Innovative 3D V-NAND Technology
- Incredible Read/Write Performance
- Enhanced Endurance and Reliability
- Efficient Power Management
The Samsung 850 PRO SSD redefines storage with the world's first drive based on 3D VNAND flash, offering exceptional read/write performance, reliability and power management efficiency. The 850 Pro delivers up to 2x the speed, density and endurance of conventional flash.
Samsung's flash memory is fabricated using an innovative 3D V-NAND architecture, which stacks 32 cell layers on top of one another. The result is higher density and higher performance using a smaller footprint and a breakthrough in overcoming the density limits of conventional planar NAND.
Ultimate Read/Write Performance
Powered by Samsung's cutting-edge 3D V-NAND technology, the NAND flash memory delivers class-leading read and write performance for both sequential and random workloads.
With twice the endurance of the previous model*, the 850 PRO will keep working as long as you do. Samsung's V-NAND technology is built to handle a minimum of 150 Terabytes Written (TBW) over the lifetime of the drive, which equates to a 40 GB daily read/write workload over a 10-year period. Plus, it comes with the industry's top-level ten-year limited warranty.
*840 PRO: 73 TBW > 850 PRO: 150 TBW
Efficient Power Management
The efficient design of the 850 PRO enables you work longer and more productively. Boasting the lowest power consumption of any SSD when in standby or full use, the 850 PRO uses less energy while maintaining class-leading performance. The 850 PRO fully supports Device Sleep mode for Ultrabook, consuming only 2 milliwats (2mw) of power in its ultra low power state. Plus, its low power DDR2 cache memory provides high performance while consuming up to 30 percent less power when active and up to 93 percent less power when idle than typical DDR2 or DDR3 memory.
Extended Data Security
Protect your PCs hardware and personal data when you take your laptop on the road with the 850 PRO's Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology. The drive includes an AES-256-bit hardware-based, full disk encryption engine that secures your data without the performance loss often experienced with software-based encryption. The 850 PRO's advanced security complies with the TCG Opal v2.0 standard and is compatible with the Microsoft eDrive IEEE 1667 protocol. Plus, you can quicklyerase data or sanitize your drive with the crypto erase feature.
Dynamic Thermal Guard Protection
The 850 PRO includes Dynamic Thermal Guard protection, which sustains performance while minimizing the risk of overheating. This feature monitors and maintains the drive's optimal operating temperature with a throttle feature that automatically drops the SSD's temperature to protect your data while ensuring the responsiveness you expect.
One-stop Install Navigator
Using its One-stop Install Navigator software, you can migrate all your data and applications from your SSD or HDD to the 850 PRO quickly and easily. The Auto Install guide navigates you through a simple three-step point-and-click process. Plus, you can conveniently setup, monitor, manage and maintain your 850 PRO with Samsung Magician software, which features tools to help you maximize performance, including benchmarking, advanced OS optimization, disk health status tracking and over-provisioning (OP) settings.
Enhanced RAPID Mode
You can kick up the read/write performance when you need it with Samsung RAPID mode. Just like shifting gears in a car, Magician software gives you the option to enhance performance by processing data using unused PC memory (DRAM) as a cache, providing 1.8 times faster performance in the RAPID mode*.
* PCMark Vantage score (512 GB): 53K vs/ 97K(in RAPID mode)
End-to-end Integration Solution
The Samsung 850 PRO uses 100% Samsung designed and manufactured components. Because Samsung has intimate knowledge of every component and its parts, it can fine-tune them at each stage of development to ensure they work perfectly together. The result ? enhanced performance, lower power consumption with the Samsung LPDDR2 DRAM cache memory and improved energy-efficiency with the Samsung 3-core MEX controller.
- Product Type: 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
- Class: SATA 6Gb/s
- Series: 850
- Hardware: Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista, XP, MAC OSX, Linux
- Software: Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), Windows Server 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 (32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 and above)
- Sequential Read Speed: Up to 550 MB/s
- Sequential Write Speed: Up to 520 MB/s
- Random Read Speed: Up to 100K IOPS
- Random Write Speed: Up to 90K IOPS
- Controller: MHX
- NAND Flash: Samsung 32 layer 3D 2-bit V-NAND
- Trim Support: Yes (Requires OS Support)
- RAID Support: Y (with RAID Controller)
- AES Encryption: Yes, Class 0 (256-Bit AES), TCG/Opal v2.0, MS eDrive (IEEE1667)
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Y (2mW)
- Power Consumption (W): Read: Max 3.3W; Write: Max 3.0W
- Reliability (MTBF): 2.0M Hours
- Operating Temperature: 32 Degrees F - 158 Degrees F
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Product: 3.94" x 2.75" x 0.27"
- Contents: Data Migration and Drive Management Software