The Slingbox is a groundbreaking piece of hardwired ingenuity that will literally transform the way you watch television. The Slingbox enables you to watch your TV programming from wherever you are by turning virtually any Internet-connected PC into your personal TV. Whether you're in another room or in another country, you'll always have access to your television.
That's because back home, you have a Slingbox sitting on top of or next to your television. The simple silver device looks suspiciously like a gigantic chocolate bar, but the technology inside is truly sweet. This award-winning gadget is a breakthrough device that enables you to watch and control your television programming from anywhere by turning any Internet-connected laptop or PC into a personal television, with NO monthly fees.
With a wave of a virtual magic wand, Slingbox placeshifts the television signal from your source device to your PC - located at home or 3,000 miles away - via the Internet. Thanks to the Slingbox, you can enjoy your home TV programming wherever you are - the office, a hotel room, your garden, even the bathroom - anywhere there is an Internet connection. You truly can watch and control your television anytime, anywhere - the power is in your hands. The SlingPlayer software works hand-in-hand with the hardware in the Slingbox to allow you to watch and control your TV on your computer. SlingRemote in SlingPlayer gives you full control over virtually any A/V device, from changing channels and viewing recorded content to fast-forwarding or setting up a season pass. So while your TV and Slingbox sit at home, you can be out and about with SlingPlayer.
- Easy to use and set up - with automatic device discovery and a setup wizard that walks you through the process step-by-step
- Get TV on an unlimited number of PCs* without the hassle and cost of adding new hardware (i.e. TV tuner cards) and software drivers to every computer - with no additional service fees
*Only one one person can connect to a Slingbox at a time.
- With a resizable window mode, full screen mode, and the Slingbar, the SlingPlayer software lets you watch your television however you want.
- SlingStream optimization algorithms automatically adapt to changing network conditions to give you the best video quality consistently.
- Absolutely zero subscription fees! All you need to begin watching your TV anywhere is your Slingbox. You don't need to buy another computer just to watch it, and there are no monthly, yearly, hourly, or split-secondly subscription fees. That means you don't have to feel guilty about watching TV all the time now. (Well, unless you want your significant other to still love you.)
- Slingbox is designed to fit seamlessly into your existing home theater setup and PC technologies. Sling Media supports literally thousands of devices, so whatever you've got, you can be sure Slingbox will handle it.
You must have...
- TV Source (antenna, cable, satellite, DVR, DVD, or video camera)
- Ethernet Connection from your Slingbox to your (wired or wireless) router via
- Ethernet cable or jack
- Wireless game adapter or bridge
- Powerline ethernet bridge
- Laptop or desktop PC with Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP
- Broadband Internet Connection (required for remote use only)
- PC Client
- Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE or Windows 2000 SP4
- Intel Pentium IV 1Ghz
- 256MB RAM
- 100MB Free Hard Disk Space
- Graphics Card (24 bit)
- Sound Card (16 bit)
- CD-ROM Drive
- Network Connectivity (10/100 Ethernet)
- Router-Wired or Wireless (UpnP Capability Recommended)
- Cable or DSL Modem (Out-of-Home viewing)
- 256Kbps Upstream Speed (Higher Upstream Speed Recommended)
Video (NTSC) and Audio Source. (Any of the following:)
- Analog Cable
- Digital Cable Set Top Box
- Satellite Receiver
- Digital Video Recorder (including but not limited to TiVo, DirecTV, DISH, ReplayTV, UltimateTV)
Product Name: Slingbox
Dimensions: 10.6" (W) x 1.6" (H) x 4" (D)
Power requirements: 100-240v AC
RCA audio (L/R)
RCA audio (L/R)
Display (3) front panel LEDs:
TV tuner: NTSC (built-in)
Manufacturer Warranty: One Year