- Certified waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and freeze-proof
- Large 3.0" wide touch screen for easy operation and viewing of images and movies.
- 10.2MP ?Exmor R? CMOS sensor for stunning low-light performance
- iSweep Panorama Mode captures stunning panoramic images
- Fast capture with 10fps at full 10.2MP resolution
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x (25mm equivalent) optical zoom lens
- Capture your videos in HD Movie mode (720p)
- Anti Motion Blur/Hand-held twilight for less grain and blur
- Backlight Correction HDR for scenes with high-contrast
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- High Sensitivity ISO 3200
- Self-Portrait Timer makes self-portraits easy
- BIONZ image processor for high resolution and fast performance
- Ultra-slim body measuring 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 3/4"
- Simply slide or flick through photos on the touch screen
- Creative painting tools to decorate your photos
- Customize the buttons on the MENU screen
- iAUTO automatically optimizes camera settings
- 12 convenient scene modes
- Face Detection technology captures faces naturally
- Motion Detection suppresses blur in people and other subjects
- Smile Shutter technology automatically captures a smile
- Intelligent AF reduces shutter time lag as low as 0.3-sec
- PHOTOMUSIC feature combines HD slideshow with music
- Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes
- Wide zoom display allows resizing images to 16:9 aspect ratio
- In-camera Retouching Tools to edit your photos
- Easy Shooting Mode simplifies camera operation
- Function Guide helps explain menus and settings
- Card slot for optional Memory Stick Duo media and SD media
- Included lithium-ion battery for long-lasting power
- PhotoTV HD Mode with compatible BRAVIA HDTVs
- Available in silver, black, pink, green, and red
- Includes PMB (Picture Motion Browser)2 and PMB Portable software
- 10.2 Megapixel Back-illuminated ?Exmor R? CMOS Image Sensor
The DSC-TX5 features a 10.2 megapixel ?Exmor R? CMOS image sensor that brings out the full resolving power of the camera?s Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution, and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. In addition, the combined ?Exmor R? CMOS sensor and BIONZ image processor delivers extremely fast 10fps, Anti Motion Blur and Hand-held Twilight.
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 25mm equivalent wide 4x Optical Zoom
The high-performance Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 4x optical zoom lens brings distant subjects closer for video recording as well as for outdoor, sports, and travel photos, and Close Focus shoots close-ups up to just under ?? from the subject. A wide angle of 25mm equivalentwide-angle lens allows you to take wider shots of the scene or group in crowded spaces.
- 3" Wide Clear Photo LCD Plus Touch Screen
A large 3? Wide Clear Photo LCD Plus touch screen display? (230K pixels) allows you to scroll through images by simply touching the display.
- Backlight Correction HDR
Shooting high-contrast scenes can often lead to washed out backgrounds and/or details lost in shadow. Backlight Correction HDR helps correct for this by taking two pictures at different exposure settings and processing the best elements of both into a single image for more natural looking shots.
- Easy Touch Screen Interaction
The DSC-TX5 offers intuitive functions to the multi-purpose touch screen, such as the ability to select the focus point with a simple touch, scroll through images by sliding your finger across the screen and one-touch access to the MENU. The display also features improved readability with list view and index view.
- Rugged and Stylish
If you want a camera that?s just as much at home in the water as on a night on the town, the TX5 is for you! Just 3/4 ? thin, the sleek and stylish TX5 fits the slimmest pocket or purse, yet is waterproof to a depth of 10 ft12, shockproof from falls up to approximately 5 ft5 and dustproof thanks to its airtight construction. As well, this durable camera can even withstand extreme weather conditions, as it is operable in temperatures from 14- to 104-degrees Fahrenheit. The TX5 includes Sony?s ?Exmor R? CMOS sensor for incredible low-light performance, intelligent Sweep Panorama, Anti Motion blur and Twilight handheld shooting modes, even a 3? touch screen LCD operable underwater! Seamlessly shifting from underwater marvels to a night on the town, the TX5 always helps you get the best shot!
- Anti Motion Blur Mode
Capture cleaner and sharper images in low light for non landscape shots. When set in Anti motion Blur Mode, the DSC-TX5 captures six images in a fraction of a second with higher shutter speed and combines the data from all six to create a single image of extraordinary detail and dramatically reduce subject blur, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- Hand-held Twilight
Capture cleaner and sharper night shots without using a tripod. When set to Hand-held Twilight Mode, the DSC-TX5 captures six images in a fraction of a second with one press of the shutter, and combines the data from all six to create a single image of extraordinary detail and low noise. With these modes, you can capture images in low light, without flash, beyond the capability of traditional cameras.
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode
Capture expansive landscapes with Intelligent Sweep Panorama Mode. Press shutter and sweep and the camera does the rest, continuously, shooting images and in one second stitching them together. This model even detects faces and moving subjects to stitch intelligently different widths to help avoid subject distortion.
- High speed shooting
The DSC-TX5 can capture full 10.2 megapixel resolution images at up to 10 frames per second, helping to ensure that you capture the decisive moment such as the soccer ball flying into the goal. In addition, the DSC-TX5 employs a mechanical shutter that helps reduce distortion when continuously shooting moving subjects.
- HDMI Output
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV).
- HD MP4 Movie Mode
In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, the perfect format when working with a PC. Users can create high quality movie files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac. Once transferred to your computer you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket and YouTubeTM. (Compatible PC with Internet connectivity required)
- Self-Portrait Timer
Self-Portrait Timer helps take the guesswork out of self portraits by utilizing Face Detection technology to recognize when your face enters the frame. Once the camera detects your face, it triggers a 2-second timer, and then snaps a picture.
- BIONZ Image Processor
The BIONZ image processor delivers the high resolution and fast performance you expect from a Sony digital camera. Fast processing enables unique Sony features such as Sweep Panorama, Handheld Twilight, Antimotion Blur, HDR, etc to take and combine multiple images in less than a second to create wide panoramic images. Images have reduced grain and appear less washed out.
- Intelligent Auto (iAUTO) mode
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAUTO) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, and faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clearer images, faces with more natural skin tone, and less blur. By incorporating advanced features such as Intelligent Scene Recognition, Face Detection technology, and Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, iAUTO mode lets you take advantage of the latest Sony Cyber-shot technology without leaving auto mode. Whether you?re shooting landscapes, capturing a beautiful flower, or taking pictures at an in-door birthday party or wedding shower, iAUTO mode will optimize your camera?s settings to help ensure you come away with a great shot.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode automatically detects nine different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, and Close Focus. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Anti-blink Function
It?s frustrating to think you?ve captured that perfect shot, only to review it later and discover one of your subjects blinked just as you pressed the shutter. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting or blinking. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically compensates to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 3200)
High ISO allows for faster shutter speed, so you can take photos indoors or in low light without the need for a flash. In addition to High Sensitivity Mode (ISO), you can select up to seven ISO settings (Auto, 125, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200) when shooting in Program Auto Mode to adjust sensitivity to your shooting conditions.
- Face Detection technology
Sony?s Face Detection technology can automatically distinguish between children and adults. Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts flash, focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Motion Detection
Motion Detection, along with Face Motion Detection adjusts ISO sensitivity and increases the shutter speed when movement is detected, reducing blur in moving subjects and faces.
- Smile Shutter technology
Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection Sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can be used together with Smile Shutter mode. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Scene modes
The DSC-TX5 features 12 convenient scene modes: High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Portrait / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / High Speed Shutter / Underwater / Gourmet / Pet.
- Intelligent AF
Thanks to Intelligent AF technology, capture fleeting moments like a child?s adorable expression with the ultra-quick AF which locks focus in as little as 0.3-sec.
- Easy Shooting Mode
With Easy Shooting Mode, even beginners can take great photos. In Easy Shooting Mode, easy-to-understand basic instructions are displayed on the LCD screen and the camera switches to all automatic settings, removing several function choices and allowing you to focus on just your subject. Since this mode works together with Intelligent Scene Recognition, the camera selects the optimum setting for each scene. In addition the easy mode simplifies preview mode.
- Function Guide
This beginner-friendly optional function helps navigate through the various functions and settings displaying the description of chosen functions or settings on the LCD screen.
PHOTOMUSIC combines images with music (4 tracks, 5 minutes per track) to produce fun and entertaining slide shows with standard visual effects (Simple, Nostalgic, Active, and Stylish). Select from pre-loaded tracks on the camera or transfer your own from your compatible computer (sold separately).
- Viewing modes
Find your photos using the simple folder or calendar viewing modes.
- In-Camera Retouching Tools
Retouch and enhance your photos on the go with in-camera Trimming, Red-Eye Correction, and Unsharp Masking functions
- Creative painting tools
Decorate your photos with words and drawings using the included paint pen or your finger. Have fun using more than 30 stamps and 15 types of picture frames and save new images at up to 5 megapixel resolution.
- Wide zoom display
To use the entire image area of your compatible HDTV screen (sold separately), Wide Zoom display automatically expands standard 4:3 and 3:2 images to 16:9.
- PhotoTV HD
Bring your photos to life and enjoy highly detailed, high definition images with PhotoTV HD-capable Sony BRAVIA HDTVs.10 PhotoTV HD fine tunes settings on your PhotoTV HD enabled BRAVIA HDTV, such as sharpness, gradation, and color to display images that look more like printed
- Lithium-ion battery
Included lithium-ion battery provides added convenience with longer lasting power than alkaline batteries (capacity of 230 images or 115 minutes).
- Media card slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images, the DSC-TX5 accepts Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media (sold separately) and SD/SDHC/SDXC media.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Software ver. 5.0
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) Portable software
With the pre-installed Picture Motion Browser (PMB) Portable software the DSC-TX5 makes it easy to pre-select videos and images in the camera and conveniently upload them from the camera to a compatible PC and popular Internet sharing sites without the need for any additional software or install.
- Colors Available
The Cyber-shot DSC-TX5 camera is available in silver, black, pink, green and red.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.4" (7.59mm) "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor
- Processor: BIONZ
- Media Type: 45MB internal Flash Memory, optional Memory Stick Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo Media, optional Memory Stick PRO Duo (High Speed), optional Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo, optional SD/SDHC/SDXC media
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: Aprox. 10.2 Megapixels
- Video Resolution: MP4: 1280 x 720 (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.6Mbps) / VGA (640 x 480) (29.97fps, Progressive) (Approx.3Mbps)
- Microphone/Speaker: Mono / Mono
- Lens Type: Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar
- Aperture: iAUTO(F3.6-F6.3(W)) / Program Auto(F3.6-F6.3(W))
- Optical Zoom: 4x
- Digital Zoom: Smart Zoom / Precision Digital Zoom / Off
- Total Zoom: Approximately 8x with Precision Digital Zoom
- Smart Zoom Technology: 5M:Approx.5.6x(Total), VGA:Approx.22x(Total), 16:9 (2M): Approx.7.6x(Total)
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 4.43-17.7mm
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 10 groups(including 6 aspheric elements,1 prism)
- Macro Mode: iAUTO: W:Approx. 1cm (0.39?) to Infinity, T:Approx. 50cm (19.7?) to Infinity
- LCD Type: 3.0" Clear Photo LCD Plus (230K pixels)
- Histogram: No
- AF Modes: 9 points AF / Center Weighted AF / Spot AF/ Flexible Spot AF (touch)
- AF Illuminator: Auto / Off
- Metering: Yes
- Scene Mode(s): High Sensitivity / Twilight / Twilight Portrait / Soft Snap / Landscape / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Hi-Speed Shutter / Underwater / Gourmet / Pet
- D-Range Optimizer: Standard
- ISO: Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
- Noise Reduction: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1(White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push.
- Drive Mode: Normal / Hi-Speed Burst (High/Mid/Low)
- Self-timer: Off / 10sec. / 2sec./ portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds: iAUTO(2" - 1/1,600) / Program Auto(1" - 1/1,600)
- Burst Mode: Approx 10 fps at 10.2MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- Flash Modes: Auto / On / Slow Syncro / Off
- Flash Coverage: ISO Auto: Approx.0.08-Approx.2.9m(Approx.0.26'-Approx.9.51')(W) / Approx.0.5-Approx.2.4m(Approx.1.64'-Approx.7.87')(T), ISO3200: up to Approx.6.0m(Approx19.7')(W) / Approx.4.7m(Approx15.4')(T)
- Red-Eye Reduction: Auto / On / Off
- Date / Time Stamp: Available in the included PMB software.
- Erase/Protect: Yes / Yes
- Media/Battery Indicator: Yes/Yes
- Power Save Mode: Standard / Stamina / Off
- Face Detection: 8 Faces (Auto / Touch / Child Priority / Adult Priority)
- Image Stabilization: Optical
- In-Camera Editing: Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking
- NightFraming System: No
- NightShot Infrared System: No
- SD Output: Yes
- HD Output: Component 1080i
- USB Port(s): Yes - USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- TransferJet: No
- PictBridge Compatible: Yes
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): W x H x D: 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 23/32" (94.0mm x 56.9mm x 17.7mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Body: Approx. 4.5oz. (128g), With battery and Memory Stick media:; Approx. 5.1oz. (144g)
- Battery Type: LITHIUM ION N type 3.6V
- Battery Capacity: Approx. 125 minutes / Approx. 250 images (when shooting still images)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Approx. 1.0W
- Supplied Software: Picture Motion Browser Ver 5.0, PMB Portable 5.0 (for Windows), PMB Portable 1.1 (for Macintosh), Music Transfer
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Macintosh OS X(v10.4-v10.6)
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (NP-BN1)
Multi Output Stand
1-Year Parts & Labor Limited Warranty
Promotions & Special Offers: