- Flip-down Face with Front Aux In
The 2-line fluorescent LCD display makes it easy to read song information and the front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- Integrated Tune Tray
Tune Tray compartment lets you easily connect your iPod, Walkman player or other USB device via USB 1-Wire. Your iPod and connector are secured inside the receiver, and the reminder alert ensures you don't leave your device behind.
- Quick-BrowZer with Jump Mode feature
Search and select songs by category, including artist, album, genre, or playlist. Jump Mode allows you to fast forward through a music category in 10 percent increments.
- ZAPPIN function
Use ZAPPIN function to play 6, 9, or 30-second music clips until you find the song you want.
- MP3/WMA playback with DM+
Hear the music on your recorded files in their original vibrancy with DM+ (Digital Music Plus), an original Sony codec enhancer that reproduces detailed and high-frequency sound from compressed audio.
- Satellite Radio / HD Radio ready
The DSX-S100 integrates seamlessly with Satellite Radio and HD Radio Sony Bus adaptors so you can receive digital satellite radio or HD Radio broadcasts.
- EQ3, DSO and 52 Watts x 4 High Power
The DSX-S100 delivers 52 watts of peak power to all four speakers while DSO and EQ3 stage 2 lets you adjust the mix for a dynamic sound experience.
- Selectable Pre-outs with LPF/HPF
Built-in Front and Rear/Sub selectable pre-outs with selectable LPF/HPF functionality gives you the power to customize the sound to your external amplifiers and other components.
- Radio Data System
Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Wireless Card Remote included
The included Wireless Card Remote (RM-X151) lets you control the basic functions of your Sony system while keeping your eyes on the road.
-Max power output: 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Band: AM / FM
- Digital-to-Analog Converter: 24bit
- Equalizer: EQ3: 3 band EQ
+/- 10 dB at 60 Hz
+/- 10 dB at 1 kHz
+/- 10dB at 10 kHz
- Format(s) Supported: MP3/WMA/AAC files
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 2 volt
- S/N Ratio: Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range: FM:Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9
AM:Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type: SSIR-EXA with RDS
- Volume Control: Tel/Nav Attenuation
- Tilt Range: 0-45 degree mounting angle
- Dimmer Adjust: Selectable Auto adjust or manual on/off
- Key Illumination: Blue
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Display Color: Black color / Negative
- Technology: LCD
- Text Displayed: Source, artist, track, playback time, menu and clock
- Text Lines: 2 lines of information
- Color: Dark Titanium
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Power antenna
Amplifier turn on
- Antenna Terminal(s): AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In: Front Aux with variable level: -8dB ~ +18dB
Sony Bus terminals
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible. This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
iPod Nano 1st generation
iPod Nano 2nd generation (aluminum) iPod Nano 3rd generation (video)
iPod 5th generation (video)
This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote input
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front and Rear/Sub selectable RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack: Optional wired remote terminal
- USB Port(s): USB - Full Speed
- Current Drain: 3 - 5 amps
- Input Voltage: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground)
- Output Power: 52W x4 Watts Max Power - CEA2006 Standard Power Output: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1 percent THD+N.
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 10 dBf
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 70 dB (mono)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 40 dB at 1 KHz
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.): 178 x 50 x 179mm
- Weight (Approx.): 1.3 kg (2 lb. 14 oz.)