- 1920x1080 high definition video recording
1920 x 1080 high definition resolution lets you record your memories in exceptional Sony Full High Definition quality. Capable of 1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- 3 megapixel still image capture
3 megapixel still image capture lets you take high resolution digital photos.
- 120GB hard disk drive
A built-in 120GB1 hard disk drive can record and store up to 50 hours of high definition video footage (HD LP mode), or up to 30 hours of standard definition footage (SD HQ mode). In addition, "HDD Smart Protection" gives you peace of mind by helping to prevent any recorded video and images from being lost if the camcorder is accidentally dropped.
- 1/4" back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
A 1/4" "Exmor R" CMOS image sensor delivers bright, vivid, spectacularly detailed video footage, as well as 3 megapixel still images.
- Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with the newly developed, back-illuminated "Exmor R" sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the "Exmor R" sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
- 1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV
1080/60p playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed playback of your memories.
- 2x faster Quick AF
With the new and improved autofocus (AF) system, Quick AF, the focusing speed is twice as fast compared to previous models. Whether in bright daylight or in dimly lit environment, Quick AF ensures fast, accurate, and consistent focus lock, enabling users to shoot in a wide range of scenes without missing any important moment. Especially when shooting night scenes where conventional AF might struggle to focus, thanks to the much improved AF algorithm in Quick AF, users can now capture crisp images, fast.
- Professional-quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
The professional-quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens designed specifically for compact camcorders. Precision ground optics help maintain the sharpness and contrast of larger lenses, and SteadyShot image stabilization helps reduce blur caused by camera shake.
- Face Detection w/ Face Priority
With Face Priority, your camcorder optimizes focus, color, exposure, and Smile Shutter technology for the face you prioritize. Just touch the preferred face on the LCD display and the camcorder will assign it priority, even if it leaves and returns to the frame
- Smile Shutter technology for still and dual capture
Smile Shutter technology lets the camcorder automatically take still photos when your subject smiles, even while shooting high definition video. You can also set the sensitivity and choose child, adult, or auto priority.
- Direct Copy to external HDD w/o PC
Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive (sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV, allowing you to utilize the camcorder's handy playback features.
- Highlight Playback with Highlight Scenario playback
FPO - Why spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback uses several criteria - including Face Index, Smile Shutter technology, Dual Capture and time range - to identify and compile key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions.
- 2.7" Clear Photo LCD (230 K) display
The 2.7" Clear Photo LCD (230 K) display provides excellent viewing clarity with improved resolution (211K pixels). The display rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles, as well as provides sharp, detailed images for monitoring or playback. The convenient touch panel allows easy access to menus and additional functionality such as spot focus and spot metering.
- Intelligent Auto (9 iAUTO modes)
IIntelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from nine distinct scene modes (60 different combinations possible): Portrait Mode, Smile Shutter, Backlight Control, Scenery, Night Scenery Mode, High Sensitivity Mode, Macro Mode, Baby Mode, Tripod, and Low Light Mode.
- SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode
SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode represents the next step forward in Sony image stabilization technology. Active Mode improves on existing SteadyShot image stabilization by allowing the camera lens to shift over a greater range of motion. This allows the HDR-XR150 to compensate for greater degrees of camera shake and deliver a stunning level of image smoothness.
- 25X Optical / 300X Digital Zoom
25X optical zoom helps to bring the action close up from far away. In addition, Digital Zoom Interpolation means that digital zooming (up to 300X) is clearer, with less distortion than previous types of digital zoom.
- Includes Sony PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software
Sony Picture Motion Browser software offers a simple, intuitive way to transfer, sort, and view your video and still images on your compatible PC. In addition, multiple output options let you burn your memories to DVD, AVCHD, and Blu-ray Disc media (sold separately), as well as take advantage of one click upload to a number of popular video and photo sharing sites (compatible PC and internet connection required).
- Power On by opening LCD display
Power on your camcorder by simply opening the LCD display.
- Personalized Menu System
New user friendly interface uses touch screen technology to allow users to scroll through menus quickly and easily and even create a personalized "My Menu" to bring together the functions they use most. Users can spend more time recording memories and less time in menus.
- Face Index function
Face Index makes it easier than ever to find and play back the right video scene. Using Face Detection technology, Face Index indexes your video footage according to the faces detected in each scene. When it's time to play back video, simply search for what you want by selecting from among the detected faces displayed in the index.
- Film Roll Index
Like chapters in a book, Film Roll Index helps you easily find desired scenes in video footage. When using this feature, the camcorder previews the beginning of scenes and can create scene indexes set at specified display intervals (3, 6, or 12 seconds and 1 or 5 minutes).
- Smooth Slow Record
The Smooth Slow Record mode increases the record rate from 60 frames per second (fps) to 240 fps, allowing you to capture 3 seconds of fast motion and play the video back in 12 seconds. This is a great tool for analyzing a golf swing or a viewing a bird in flight. In addition, you record an audio track to narrate the video footage.
- x.v. Color technology for superior color
x.v. Color technology enables the HDR-XR200V to capture nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the standard RGB color range, resulting in more natural, life-like images. You can even experience this expanded color range on the big screen when you connect your camcorder to x.v. Color capable displays, including a wide range of Sony BRAVIA HDTVs.
- BIONZ Image Processor
The BIONZ Image Processor works in conjunction with the "Exmor R" CMOS sensor for pristine imaging. The BIONZ image processor also provides Data Noise Reduction, Faster Image processing, and Data compression to preserve videos and images. In addition, the BIONZ image processor enables Face Detection technology and Sony's Dynamic Range Optimizer for both video and still image capture. The higher processing speed also allows Dual Recording to capture still images while recording video.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer
The D-Range (Dynamic Range) Optimizer function adjusts the exposure and contrast of an image to counter the effects of high-contrast shooting condition, allowing for a great shot. The D-Range Optimizer suppresses "blackout" in dark areas such as shadows and "whiteout" in bright areas such as skies. As a result, the captured image appears as natural as the original scene.
- Hybrid Recording to HDD or Removable flash media
Hybrid recording technology delivers a new level of flexibility of capturing and transferring your video footage and digital photos from the camcorder to compatible viewing devices. Record to 120GB1 hard disk drive or choose instead to record to removable flash media (sold separately). You can even select from various dubbing functions to easily copy video or still images from the HDD to the removable flash media -- without using a PC.
- One Touch Disc Burn
Easily burn a DVD copy of your footage using the supplied PMB (Picture Motion Browser) software. Simply connect the camcorder to your compatible PC via a USB cable and press the One Touch Disc Burn Button (DVD media sold separately) .
- Record and zoom controls on LCD frame
The HDR-XR150V features an additional set of record and zoom buttons on the frame of the LCD screen, give you more control and flexibility when holding the camcorder, especially in overhead or low angle shots.
- BRAVIA Sync technology
BRAVIA Sync technology5 offers greater ease of use in controlling compatible Sony products connected via an HDMI (CEC) connection. HDMI connectivity provides a simple; high-quality video and audio connection, with the ability to transmit HD video and up to 5.1 channel audio directly from the camcorder to compatible HDTVs via a single HDMI cable, sold separately. With BRAVIA Sync (CEC) technology, the HDMI connection also delivers the ability to control both the camcorder and HDTV using a single BRAVIA TV remote and displays the camcorder's playback menu on screen for easier navigation.
- HDMI connection output
The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is a compact audio/video connector interface for transmitting uncompressed digital streams. HDMI connects digital audio/video sources such as a compatible camcorder, Blu-ray Disc player, a personal computer, a video game console, or an AV receiver to a compatible digital audio device and/or video monitor such as a digital television (DTV).
- Media Card Slot
For convenient storage and sharing of your images and videos, the camera accepts Memory Stick Duo / Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media (sold separately) and SD/SDHC/SDXC media (Class 4).
- USB 2.0 interface
A USB 2.0 interface provides an easy way to connect your camcorder to a compatible PC for fast transfer of video and still images for editing.
- Imaging Sensor: 1/2.88" back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
- Processor: BIONZ image processor
- Effective Picture Resolution: 4500K Pixels (16:9), 6000K Pixels (4:3)
- Media Type: 64GB Non-Removeable Flash Memory; Memory Stick PRO Duo MARK2 Media and SD/SDHC/SDXC (Class 4) media (Sold Separately)
- Still Image Mode: JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution: 12 megapixel
- Video Format: HD: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; SD: MPEG2
- Video Resolution: HD: 1920 x 1080/60i;
- Video Actual (Pixel): 4150K Pixels (16:9), 3110K Pixels (4:3)
- Video Signal: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Recording and Playback Times: 64GB Embedded Flash Memory: High Definition: FX- up to 360 min., FH - up to 465 min., HQ - up to 935 min., LP - up to 1595 min. Standard Definition: HQ - up to 965 min.
- Photo Capture from Movie: Yes
- Dual Record: 8.3 megapixel
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in Zoom Microphone
- Lens Type: G Lens
- Aperture: F1.8-3.4
- Optical Zoom: 10x
- Digital Zoom: 120x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): Photo: 28.7 - 287mm (16:9), 26.3 - 263mm (4:3); Movie: 29.8 - 298mm (16:9), 36.5 - 365mm (4:3)
- Filter Diameter: 37mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: Approx. 320mm
- LCD Type: 3.5? Xtra Fine LCD display (921K)3 w/TruBlack technology
- Focus System: Full range Auto / Manual (Touch Panel)
- Exposure Settings: Yes (Touch Panel)
- Scene Mode(s): Auto, Twilight, Sunrise & Sunset, Fireworks, Landscape, Portrait, Spotlight, Beach, Snow
- D-Range Optimizer: Yes
- White Balance Mode: Auto, Outdoor, Indoor, One Push (via Touch panel)
- Minimum Illumination: STD 11 lux at 1/60 Shutter Speed LOW LUX 3 lux at 1/30 Shutter Speed Nightshot 0 lux at 1/60 shutter speed
- Shutter Speeds: Scene Selection, 1/8-1/1500; STD, 1/60-1/1500; LOW LUX, 1/30-1/1500; Smooth Slow Rec., 1/240-1/1500
- Flash Type: Yes (Photo Mode only)
- Flash Modes: Yes (Auto/Forced/Prohibited)(Menu) (W/Menu,Anti-redeye on/Anti-red eye off)
- Flash Coverage: Approx. 0.3 - 1.5m
- Quick On: Power On by LCD
- Manual / Auto Lens Cover: Auto
- S/S & Zoom button on LCD: Yes
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes(Menu)
- Fader Effect(s): Black, White
- Assignable Dial: Yes
- Embedded GPS: Yes
- Face Detection: Yes
- Smile Shutter technology: Yes
- Golf Shot: Yes
- Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)
- Intelligent Auto: Yes (Landscape, Backlight, Twilight, Spotlight, Low light, Macro, Portrait, Baby, Walk, Tripod)
- NightShot Infrared System: Yes
- x.v.Color: Yes
- SD Output: Included (via A/V Remote Terminal) ; Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote
- HD Output: HDMI (mini)
- USB Port(s): Hi-speed (2.0 compliant)
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- Headphone Jack: Yes (Stereo Mini)
- Microphone Input: Yes
- Direct Copy: Yes
- Accessory Shoe: Yes (Active Interface Shoe)
Weights and Measurements
- Weight (Approx.): w/o battery: 15oz (440g), w battery 1lb 1oz (490g)
- Dimensions (Approx.): 2 5/8 x 3 x 5 3/4 inch (66 x 74 x 143mm)
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM with AccuPower Meter System (NP-FV50)
- Power Requirements: 7.2V (battery pack); 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): 3.4W
- Supplied Software: PMB Ver.5.00 Supports Windows XP Service Pack3 (SP3)(32bit), Windows Vista Service Pack2 (SP3)(32bit/64bit), Windows 7. Not supported by Mac OS.
- Operating System Compatibility: "Windows XP SP3 /Windows Vista SP2 /Windows7 64-bit editions and Starter (Edition) are not supported.The Windows Image Mastering API(IMAPI)Ver.2.0 or later is required to use the function for creating discs. Starter (Edition) are not supported. Standard installation is required. Operation is not assured if the above OS has been upgraded or in a multi-boot environment."
Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term: Limited Warranty --- 1 Year Parts; 90 Days Labor
Component A/V Cable
NP-FV50 Battery Pack
90-Days Labor and 1-Year Parts Limited Warranty
Promotions & Special Offers: