- What is Infrared?
Infrared transmission works by sending out infrared light signals from the transmitter to the headphones. Infrared signals are resistant to external noise and interference, but the headphones must be within line of sight of the transmitter because the signal can't pass through walls, furniture, or other obstacles.
30 mm diameter drive units for deep bass, low distortion and wider dynamic range. PET diaphragms ensure high rigidity for minimum distortion. Ferrite magnets combine high energy and small size, for ample sound output.
Mute function, wide headband, automatic headphones power switch and single volume control.
Light weight so you can wear them comfortably for hours on end and open-air design lets you continue to hear ambient sound.
Rechargeable battery (supplied) automatically recharges when you place the headphones on the supplied transmitter. Up to 100 hours of battery life with optional AA alkaline battery; up to 30 hours life with supplied rechargeable NiCad battery.
24 foot transmission range for listening enjoyment throughout the room and 90 degree transmission angle (maximum) for uninterrupted listening as you move around the room.
- Supplied Accessories
Includes high-powered transmitter/recharger, headphones, rechargeable battery, connecting cable, UniMatch plug adapter and AC power adapter.
- Audio Modes: Mute: Operates when RF signal is weak or not received
- Driver Unit: 30mm
- Effective Range: Approximately 24 ft (7m); 10 ft (3m) at +-45 degree line-of-sight
- Frequency Response: 18 - 22,000Hz
- Transmitter: Right 2.8MHz, Left 2.3MHz; (Frequency modulation)
- Volume Control: Yes (Rotary)
- Design: Over-the-head, Home-music/movie/games
- Diaphragm: PET
- Headband: Wide, Self-adjusting
- Magnet: Ferrite
- Plug: UniMatch Adapter
- Power On/Off: Manual Power switch turns headphones ON/OFF. RED LED illuminates
- Type of Use: Home
- Communication: Infrared
- Headphone Type: Open-air, Dynamic
Inputs and Outputs
- Audio In: Analog Phono Input (left/right), Analog Stereo Input mini jack (x1)
- Phono Input(s): 1 (Stereo L/R phono plugs)
- Battery Charging (Approx): 16H (to fully charge an empty battery); Battery is charged by placing MDR on TMR
- Battery Life (Approx): 60H (with fully charged supplied NiMH battery pack); 28H (with AAA type alkaline battery)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Ni-MH battery pack (supplied); AAA x2 (not supplied)
- Internal Power Supply: Transmitter: Supplied AC adapter (9V)
- Power Requirements: Rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery (supplied) or commercially available (size AAA) alkaline batteries
- Recharging Time: 24 hours (Approx.)
Weights and Measurements
- Cord Length (Approx.): 39 3/8 in. (1.0 m) Stereo connecting cable
- Dimensions (Approx.): Transmitter: 6 1/8 x 3 1/8 x 4 in. (154 x 78 x 99 mm)
- Weight (Approx.): Headphones: Approximately 4.41 oz. (125 grams) Including supplied battery Transmitter: Approximately 4.06 oz. (115 grams)