This NEW product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications; it is guaranteed to be in perfect working order.
The Equipment is sold in "AS IS" condition and returns will not be accepted so please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
With a large capacity, compact hard drive built in, you'll never need to worry about the right disc or tape to buy. This, tied with the inherent simplicity of gigashot's interface, will allow anyone to simply operate this technologically advanced camcorder. The gigashot GCS-R30 combines a high quality video camera with a still camera, all in one easy to use package. With the capability of snapping digital photos while continuing to shoot video, gigashot makes it exceedingly simple to catch those special moments in either still images or video. Designed with convenience and ease-of-use in mind, and leveraging Toshiba's industry renowned 1.8" hard drive, the gigashot GSC-R30 camcorders is compact and easy to carry while providing stunningly clear video footage.
The GSC-R30 gigashot uses MPEG-2 video encoding for all video recordings. This mean you'll get extremely high quality video recording every time and the ability to burn to DVD quickly and easily without any reduction in resolution caused by the conversion of video formats. You can select from different quality settings to suit your needs. Approximately 8 hours of high quality recording is possible at its highest quality setting. If you need more recording time at a still high quality video level, up to 10 hours is possible. With as much as up to 27 hours of recording time, there is never any need to buy additional media.
The new Toshiba GSC-R30 features a built in 1.8" hard disk drive, a 2.5" diagonally measured LCD screen (210k pixels), and a 2 Mega Pixel color CCD Sensor. Capture still images on an using an optional SD memory card. In addition, the camera offers an electronic image stabilizer to correct hand movement while filming and a gravity sensor for protection in case the camcorder unexpectedly falls to the ground.
Simplicity and ease-of-use
Because of hard disk drive random access, fear of overwriting existing video is gone, there are no tape formats to worry about and file management is simple. The GSC-R30 gigashot offers an intuitive menu system and the jog control on the camera corresponds with on-screen menus. Transfer of the video is easy. Record to DVD - Transfer your movies quickly and easily to DVD through the USB 2.0 High Speed Interface on a PC, or connected to a Toshiba XS series DVD Recorder. Toshiba's gigashot includes AC/DSEE and PowerProducer software so there is no need to buy additional software. The bundled software allows instant recognition of the camera, still image editing, video editing, DVD authoring and burning. It even offers a 3 button "burn to DVD" option for the ultimate in simplicity.
Features & Specifications:
- Records video to a built-in 30GB hard disk drive
- 30GB holds approximately:
8 hours SHQ (9Mbps)
10.9 hours HQ (6Mbps)
15.1 hours SP (4Mbps)
27.7 hours LP (2Mbps)
- MPEG2 Video Recording System (Movie)
- Digital photo mode w/ image preview
- 1/3.6 inch CCD Image Device
- 2.12 mega-pixel CCD (Effective stills 2mp)
- Still JPEG resolution: 1600 x 1200 / 1280 x 960 / 640 x 480
- Movie recording size 720 x 480 (60Hz Interlace)
- Capture still imaged during Video recording
- SD memory card slot
- 10x Optical Zoom Lens (up to 200x) / F=1.8-2.2 / Focal length (f) 4.5-45mm
- Filter Size: 30.5mm
- Electronic Image Stabilization (using Gyro Sensors)
- 2.5" LCD TFT LTPS (207,000 pixels) w/ changeable brightness
- User friendly Graphics User Interface (G.U.I.)
- Thumbnail Picture for Easy & Quick Viewing
- 2ch. Dolby Digital Audio recording
- Widescreen (16:9) shooting mode
- Auto Focus Assist Light
- Auto / Manual Focus
- Auto / Manual White Balance
- Shutter speeds: Video: 1/7.5 - 1/10000 sec. / Still: 8 - 1/1000 sec.
- ISO Settings: Auto 200/Auto 400/100/200/400
- Exposure Settings: +/- 2.0EV 1/3EV step
- Special effects modes Auto/Sunlight/Cloud/Fluorescent1/Fluorescent2/Incandescent/Lamp/Preset
- Other Features: Backlight Compensation, Creating & Selecting Albums, Self Timer (10/2 sec.), Continuous Shooting, Wind noise reduction
- More Features: Control. Metering Mode, Focus Area, Image Color, Image Contrast, Image Sharpness
- Audio/video output (A/V/S Multi-Connector)
- USB 2.0 High-Speed Transfer
- Built-in Flash
- Power: Battery/AC Adapter (DC in)
- Dimensions: 1.88" (W) x 4.69" (H) x 2.78" (D)
- Weight: 13.76 oz. w/o battery
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year parts and labor