Advanced graphing functionality
Our latest graphing handheld with a powerful Computer Algebra System that enables a deeper understanding of abstract concepts in math and science subjects.
Math. Science. Algebraic Precision. All on One Handheld
The TI-Nspire CX CAS provides algebraic capability to symbolically solve equations; factor and expand variable expressions; complete the square; find antiderivatives; computer limits and exact solutions in irrational forms; making it a robust hands-learning tool that satisfies math and science curriculum needs from middle school through college.
Accelerate the Understanding Process
The TI-Nspire CX CAS handheld's innovative capabilities support teaching strategies that research has found accelerate understanding of complex mathematic and scientific concepts. Multiple Representations of expressions in problems are presented simultaneously; enabling students to visualize how algebraic; graphical; geometric; numeric and written forms of those expressions relate to one another. Dynamic Linking across documents and multiple representations allows students to interact directly with the math by seeing how manipulating one form simultaneously changes all the others.
Make Real-World Connections
Import digital images - including your own photos and overlay graphs and equations on them to see math and science at work in the physical world.
Enter Values In Proper Notation
Integrated mathematics templates permit students to enter expressions and see math symbols; formulas and stacked fractions just as they are printed in textbooks and on the board. The unique Chem Box feature lets students easily input chemical formulas and equations.
Click; Scroll; Create and Save Like a computer
Use intuitive drop-down menus to navigate through the TI-Nspire CX CAS handheld. Create documents and pages and save your work as simply as opening; editing and storing files on a computer.
- The sleek TI-Nspire CX handheld is the thinnest and lightest TI graphing calculator model to date
- Overlay and color-code math and science concepts on digital images or your own photos
- The installed TI-Nspire rechargeable battery is expected to last up to two weeks of normal use on a single charge
- Color-code equations; objects; points and lines on the full-color; backlit display
- Graph and rotate (manually and automatically) 3D functions
- Computer Algebra System (CAS) capabilities
- Function; parametric; polar; sequence; and 3D graphing
- Multiple graphing functions can be defined; saved; graphed and analyzed at one time
- User-defined list names in Lists & Spreadsheet
- Eleven interactive zoom features
- Numeric evaluations in table format for all graphing modes
- Interactive analysis of function values; roots; maximums; minimums; integrals and derivatives
- Six different graph styles and 15 colors to select from for differentiating the look of each graph drawn
- Matrix operations: transpose and augment matrices; use elementary row operations; find inverse; determinant and reduced row echelon forms; convert matrices to lists and vice versa; calculate eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- List-based one- and two-variable statistical analysis; including logistic; sinusoidal; median-median; linear; logarithmic; exponential; power; quadratic polynomial; cubic polynomial; and quartic polynomial regression models
- Three statistical plot definitions for scatter plots; xy-line plots; histograms; regular and modified box-and-whisker plots; and normal probability plots
- Advanced statistics analysis; including 10 hypothesis testing functions; seven confidence interval functions and one-way analysis of variance
- Eighteen probability distributions functions; including the cumulative distribution function (CDF); probability density function (PDF) and inverse probability distribution function for normal; chi-squared; t-; and F- distributions; and the CDF and PDF for binomial; geometric and Poisson distributions
- Built-in interactive geometry capabilities
- Quick alpha keys
- Simple drop-down menus - emulate the intuitive operation of familiar computer features
- TI-Nspire Documents (.tns files) - compatible with TI-Nspire Software; TI-Nspire handhelds and TI-Nspire Apps for iPad - can be created; edited; saved and reviewed
- Use images (.jpeg; .jpg; .bmp; .png formats) that can be overlaid with graphical elements
- Explore mathematical expressions in symbolic form; see patterns and understand the math behind the formulas
- Visualize of multiple representations of a single problem algebraic; graphical; geometric; numeric and written
- Chem Box feature allows easy input chemical formulas and equations
- Manipulate linked representations of properties to instantly update the others and show meaningful connections without switching screens (e.g.. grab a graphed function and move it to see the effect on corresponding equations and data lists)
- Color; backlit display
- Screen size: 320 x 240 pixels (3.2" diagonal)
- Screen resolution: 125 DPI; 16-bit color
- Powered by the TI-Rechargeable battery (included)
- USB port for computer connectivity; unit-to-unit communication with other TI-Nspire family handhelds
- 100 MB storage memory/64MB operating memory
- Features a dedicated programming environment as well as programming libraries for global access to user-defined functions & programs
- Electronically upgradeable graphing handheld allows you to have the most up-to-date functionality
- USB cable included
- TI-ComputerLink software allow information to be transferred to and from a computer