This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
WD Desktop mainstream hard drives deliver solid reliability for office and web applications, and they are perfect for extra storage for desktop PCs and in office applications.
NoTouch Ramp Load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media, ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
Low power consumption - State-of-the-art seeking algorithms and advanced power management features ensure low
Tested for compatibility - We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Upgrading your drive is easy - Seamlessly migrate your current system to your new WD drive using Acronis True Image WD Edition, available as a free download on the WD Support site. This software enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don't have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
The WD advantage - WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the WD Support site for full details. Recommended use - WD Desktop hard drives are tested and recommended for use in PCs, industrial applications and external enclosures.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard
- SATA host adapter card or SATA interface connector in motherboard
- Available 3.5" internal drive bay
- SATA cable sold separately
- Reliable everyday computing
- WD quality and reliability
- Free Acronis True Image WD Edition cloning software
- 2-year limited warranty
- Office and web applications
- Backing up your files
- Adding extra storage to your desktop PC
- Replicating your old drive to the new drive when you upgrade
- Adding extra storage or capacity to your desktop computer
- Reliable computing for office and web applications
- WD quality and reliability to protect the drive and the data stored on it
- Extra storage, up to 4 TB, for your desktop computing
- Use Acronis True Image WD Edition cloning software to transfer information from your old drive to your new in minutes
- Average latency - NA
- Average read seek - NA
- Battery - No
- Cache - NA
- Buffer - 64 MB
- Data transfer rate (buffer to host) SATA - 6 Gb/s
- Disk Capacity - NA
- Drive Bays - NA
- Formatted capacity - 3,000,592 MB
- User sectors per drive - 5,860,533,168
- Form factor - 3.5 in
- Bytes per sector (STD) - 512
- Dedicated landing zone - Yes
- Actuator latch/auto park - Yes
- Interfaces - SATA 6 Gb/s
- Memory - NA
- Processor - NA
- Rotational Speed - IntelliPower
- Tape Drive - NA
- Write Speed - NA