WD Network hard drives are the essential solution for NAS applications. These drives are cool and quiet, and offer optimum compatibility in 24x7 NAS systems with up to five bays.
NAS compatibility - WD Network drives are specifically engineered for NAS systems with up to five drive bays. The drives are designed and extensively tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 operating environment and demanding system requirements of home and small business NAS.
Energy efficient - Reduce your electricity bill and carbon footprint with WD Network drives. Innovative technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature, resulting in a more reliable and affordable solution for always on 24x7 NAS environments.
Exclusive NASWare technology - The secret is in the technology. Advanced firmware technology built into every WD Network hard drive, enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for systems operating in NAS and RAID environments.
Enhanced reliability - Your NAS system is always on. A highly reliable drive is essential. With a 35% MTBF improvement over standard desktop drives, the WD Network drives are designed and manufactured to be a more reliable and robust solution for your NAS system.
3D Active Balance Plus - Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Longer warranty coverage - The WD Network drive is backed by a 3-year limited warranty for greater peace of mind.
The WD advantage - WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the WD Support site for full details. Recommended use - WD Network hard drives are tested and recommended for use in Network attached and RAID systems, up to 5 bays.
- WD Network hard drives have been extensively tested for compatibility in 1-5 bay NAS systems in our FIT labs and AVL qualified with key NAS partners.
- Available 3.5" internal drive bay
- NAS system up to 5 bays
- Optimal compatibility for NAS systems
- Tested for 24x7 reliability
- Specifically designed for use in NAS systems with up to 5 bays
- 3-year limited warranty
- Up to 5-bay NAS systems
- Small and home office NAS
- 24x7 NAS systems
- Seamlessly integrates into your NAS system with up to 5 bays
- Designed for the unique system requirements of NAS environments
- Highly reliable, affordable solution for demanding 24x7 networking environments
- Backed by a best-in-class 3-year limited warranty
- Average latency - 4.2 ms
- Average read seek - NA
- Battery - No
- Cache Read - Adaptive
- Cache Write - Yes
- Buffer - 64 MB
- Data transfer rate - 6 Gb/s
- Disk Capacity - NA
- Drive Bays - NA
- Formatted capacity - 2,000,398 MB
- User sectors per drive - 3,907,029,168
- Form factor - 3.5 in
- Bytes per sector (STD) - 512
- Dedicated landing zone - Yes
- Actuator latch/auto park - Yes
- Interfaces - SATA 6 Gb/s
- Memory - NA
- Processor - NA
- Rotational Speed - IntelliPower
- Tape Drive - NA
- Write Speed - NA