The GXL2200 condenser mic from CAD Audio is inspired cosmetically, mechanically, and electrically by early generations of European masters. Features include (but are not limited to) an internal hi-pass filter. An elastic shock mount and protective pouch are included. P48 (48V) phantom power is required.
Condenser-Style Microphone for Instrument Recording
The CAD Audio GXL2200 condenser microphone consists of a thin conductive membrane stretched very close to a stationary plate. High voltage is applied between the membrane and the plate. As the membrane vibrates, electrons move. These moving electrons are sensed as voltage. This voltage can be strengthened (but not necessarily increased) by silicon.
The cardioid polar pattern is ideal for recording both vocals and instruments, particularly for isolated tracks, but it also works well for live applications. Use condenser mics to get a clear directional recording of studio vocals, voice-over work, choirs, acoustic instruments, strings, piano, and cymbals/overheads.
- Operating Principle - Externally-biased condenser
- Polar Pattern - Cardioid
- Frequency Response - 30Hz to 20KHz
- Sensitivity - -36dBV (16mV) @ 1 Pa
- Impedance - 75 ohms
- Max SPL - 130dB, 1% THD
- Self Noise - 20dBA
- Power Requirements - P48, 3mA
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- GXL2200 Microphone
- Elastic Shock Mount
- Carrying Case
- Authorized Dealer - Full USA Warranty
- Bundle Includes:
- CAD Audio Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Deco Mount Professional Microphone Stand with Boom
- Monoprice Premier Series XLR 10' Male to XLR Female 16AWG Gold Plated Cable
- General Metal Microphone Shock Mount for 48mm - 54mm Condenser Microphones
- Universal Pop Filter Microphone Wind Screen with Mic Stand Clip