- Shoot and share - With SnapBridge, your photos instantly transfer to a compatible smartphone or tablet for fast, easy sharing.
- Get into the shot - Use your smartphone as a camera remote to compose and snap portraits from a distance.
- Free cloud storage - Stop wondering where your pictures are stored. Find them all on Nikon Image Space - securely and automatically.
- A familiar touch - Swipe, pinch, zoom and even set focus with your fingertips, just like a smartphone. Flip out the beautiful high-resolution swiveling touch display and hold the camera at nearly any angle - the ultimate in creative composition.
- Freeze action in its tracks - Wherever your subject is in the frame, one of the D5600's 39 autofocus points (3x more than the D3400) will lock on and hold tight.
- Never miss a moment - Shoot fast action with confidence at 5 frames per second so you never miss that perfect moment, whether it's the game winning goal or the newlyweds' first dance.
Better in Low Light
Shoot from dawn to dusk with no problems. Nikon's EXPEED image processor combined with an outstanding autofocus system and the ability to shoot at ISO 25,600, and an expanded ISO sensitivity of 6,400 in Night Landscape mode, ensures low-light scenes and difficult lighting situations are handled with ease making the D5600 a low-light powerhouse. And when the lighting is extremely dim - or you want to eliminate shadows in a bright portrait - the D5600's built-in flash is at the ready to help illuminate any scene.
Enhanced Video Features
Record cinema-quality Full HD footage with photo-like sharpness, vibrant color and crystal clear stereo sound. Pair the D5600 with an AF-P lens, which uses a stepping motor for smooth, near-silent autofocus, to ensure maximum audio fidelity. Create amazing time-lapse movies right in the camera.
Explore full manual mode when you're ready. Capture pictures with wide dynamic range using built-in HDR. The D5600 puts unlimited creative potential in your hands. Create eye-catching compositions thanks to the high-quality optical viewfinder, which delivers an incredibly clear view through the lens and when you want to focus on your subject, shooting through the viewfinder lets you block out sunlight and distractions.
Welcome to the Nikon Imaging System
Grow your capabilities as you go. The D5600 is compatible with most NIKKOR lenses, from close-up macro lenses to powerful telephoto zoom lenses. Take control of the lighting with Speedlight flashes, either on-camera or remote. Add a wired or wireless microphone and so much more.
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens Mount: Nikon F bayonet mount
- Picture Angle: Nikon DX format (Effective picture angle 1.5x [Approx.] conversion factor)
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels): 24.2 million
- Sensor Size: 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm
- Image Sensor Format: DX
- Image Sensor Type: CMOS
- Total Pixels: 24.7 million
- Dust-Reduction System: Image sensor cleaning
- Dust-Off Reference Photo: Yes
- Image Area (pixels): DX-format (L) 6,000 x 4,000 (M) 4,496 x 3,000 (S) 2,992 x 2,000
- File Format Still Images: JPEG: JPEG-Baseline Compliant with Fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression NEF (RAW): compressed 12 or 14 bit NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single Photograph Recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG Formats
- Storage Media: SD SDHC SDXC
- Card Slot: 1 Secure Digital (SD)
- File System: Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)
- Viewfinder: Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage: 95% Horizontal 95% Vertical (Approx.)
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.82x (Approx.)
- Viewfinder Eyepoint: 17 mm (-1.0 m^-1)
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment: -1.7 to + 0.5m^-1
- Focusing Screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Reflex Mirror: Quick-return type
- Mirror Lock Up: Yes (for image sensor cleaning)
- Lens Aperture: Instant-return type
- Lens Compatibility at a Glance***: Autofocus is available with AF-S, AF-P, and AF-I lenses
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec.
- Fastest Shutter Speed 1/4000 sec.
- Slowest Shutter Speed: 30 sec.
- Flash Sync Speed: Up to 1/200 sec.
- Shutter Release Modes: Continuous low-speed [CL] mode, Continuous high-speed [CH] mode, Interval timer photography supported, Quiet shutter-release, Self-timer Mode, Single-frame [S] mode
- Frame Advance Rate: Low: Up to 3 fps, High: Up to 5 fps (JPEG and 12-bit NEF/RAW) or 4 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW) Frame rates assume continuous-servo AF, manual or shutter-priority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250 sec or faster, Release selected for Custom Setting a1 (AF-C priority selection), and other settings at default values.
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: Up to 5 frames per second
- Self-timer: 2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; 1 to 9 exposures
- Exposure Metering System: TTL exposure metering using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering Method: Center-weighted: Weight of 75% given to 8 mm circle in center of frame, Matrix: 3D Color Matrix Metering II (type G, E and D lenses); Color Matrix Metering II (other CPU lenses)
Spot: Meters 3.5 mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Metering Range: 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20C/68F); 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20C/68F)
- Exposure Meter Coupling: CPU
- Exposure Modes: Aperture-Priority (A), Auto, Auto (flash off), Manual (M), Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P), Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 - 25,600
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 100
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 25,600
- High ISO Noise Reduction: Low, Normal, High, Off
- Active D-Lighting: Auto, Extra High, High, Normal, Low, Off
- Single-Point AF Mode: Yes
- Dynamic AF Mode: Number of AF points: 39 (3D-tracking)
- Auto-Area AF Mode: Yes
- Autofocus System: Nikon Multi-CAM 4800 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- Detection Range: -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68F/20C)
- Lens Servo: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- AF-area Mode: 9, 21 or 39 point Dynamic-area AF, Auto-area AF, 3D-tracking
- Focus Lock: Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button; Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF)
- Focus Modes: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points: 39
- Autofocus Sensitivity: -1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20C/68F)
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- Built-in Flash Distance: Approx. 12/39, 12/39 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20C/68F)
- X-Sync Speed: 1/200
- Flash Control: TTL: i-TTL flash control using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix or center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Flash Sync Modes: Auto, Auto with red-eye reduction, Auto slow sync, Auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, Fill-flash, Rear-curtain sync, Rear-curtain with slow sync, Red-Eye reduction, Red-Eye reduction with slow sync, Slow sync, Off
- Flash Compensation: Can be adjusted by -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV in P, S, A, M, and scene modes
- Flash-ready Indicator: Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output
- Monitor Size: 3.2 in. diagonal
- Monitor Resolution: 1,037,000 Dots
- Monitor Type: Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
- Monitor Angle of View: 170 -degree wide-viewing angle
- Monitor Adjustments: Brightness adjustment and eye-sensor controlled on/off
- Interface: HDMI Type C, Hi-Speed USB with Micro-USB connector; connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- Wi-Fi Functionality: Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Operating frequency: 2412–2462 MHz (channels 1–11), Authentication: Open system, WPA2-PSK, NFC Forum Type 3 Tag
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- GPS: GP-1A GPS unit
- Battery / Batteries: EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life (shots per charge): 970 shots (CIPA) Based on CIPA Standards, when Bluetooth is disabled
- AC Adapter: EH-5b AC Adapter; requires EP-5A Power Connector (available separately)
- Battery Charger: MH-24 Quick Charger
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 4.9in. (124mm) x 3.9in. (97mm) x 2.8in. (70mm)
- Approx. Weight: 14.7oz. (415g) camera body only
- D5600 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-24 Quick Charger
- DK-25 Rubber Eyecup
- AN-DC3 Strap
- BF-1B Body Cap
- Bundle Includes:
- Nikon D5600 24.2 MP DX-Format Full HD 1080p Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Tascam Camera-Mountable DSLR Audio Recorder w/ Shotgun Microphone (DR-10SG)
- 2x Sandisk Ultra SDHC 32GB UHS Class 10 Memory Card, Up to 80MB/s Read Speed
- Sandisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card
- Tascam Closed-Back Professional Headphones (Black)
- 2x EN-EL14A Rechargable Li-ion Battery
- SLR Photo and Video Rechargeable LED Light
- Wired Remote Shutter Release for Nikon D5600
- 72" Photo/Video Tripod with Case
- 67" Digital Camera/Camcorder Monopod with 5.5' extended height (Black)
- Small Hard Photographic Equipment Case with Carrying Handle (Black)
- LCD/Lens Cleaning Pen
- Professional Lens Blower - Dust Removal system
- 1 Piece Micro Fiber Cloth