Now you can eliminate complicated manual video patching forever! Broadcast Videohub lets you connect all the equipment in your facility and easily change connections from your computer's desktop. Broadcast Videohub is a powerful broadcast grade routing switcher that features a massive 72 inputs, 144 outputs, 72 deck control ports, and auto switching SD, HD, and 3 Gb/s SDI, all in a compact rack mount chassis only a few inches thick.
Industrial Strength Routing Switcher
With 72 inputs and 144 outputs, Broadcast Videohub is big enough to grow with your company. Broadcast Videohub has enough SDI connections for 72 edit systems or decks, and twice as many SDI outputs, so each user can have a completely independent SDI output for monitoring. 72 deck control ports are also included so you get a complete routing solution.
Simultaneous SD, HD or 3 Gb/s Video
Broadcast Videohub is low cost, so it's easy to run SD and HD equipment now and add 3 Gb/s SDI equipment in the future. Broadcast Videohub handles mixed SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI connections all on the same router at the same time. Broadcast Videohub detects when an input changes, and automatically sets all outputs connected to that input to match. SDI
re-clocking and output SDI slew rates change automatically.
Because most editors love monitoring direct from the router, Broadcast Videohub has 72 independent SDI outputs totally dedicated for monitoring. Independent monitoring outputs are great when you need to quickly look at decks and other editing systems in your facility. You can also use the extra outputs to connect consumer VHS and DVD recorders via external converters.
Deck Control Routing
With 72 independent Sony compatible RS-422 serial control ports included, each editing system can control any deck in your facility. Each deck control connection is independently reversible via software control, so it?s easy to connect edit stations or decks to any of the 72 deck control ports.
World's Highest Quality
With the exciting new 3 Gb/s SDI connections built in, Broadcast Videohub allows twice the SDI data rate than normal HD-SDI. Use 3 Gb/s SDI for high resolution real time 2048 x 1556 feature film editing. 3 Gb/s SDI has full compatibility with SD, HD or 2K in 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 all with a single BNC cable.
Network Router Control
Broadcast Videohub uses software control panels that run on Windows and Mac OS X. This lets you control the router from the same system you edit on. Broadcast Videohub connects to any computer via USB and is then shared over your local network. Any computer can be the host, and simply connecting to the router via the USB 2.0 connection activates that computer as the host and allows other computers on your network to connect. Router labels can be changed from any computer and are fully unicode compatible for foreign language support.
- 72 SDI inputs compliant with SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 424M and ITU-R BT.656.
- 144 outputs compliant with SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 424M and ITU-R BT.656.
- Automatically selects between SD-SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI on each input, so each input can be running a different television standard.
- 72 independent Sony compatible RS-422 serial control ports. Each port is independently reversible via software control to allow broadcast decks or editing workstations to be connected to any port.
- Simultaneous connection of both SD, HD and 3 Gb/s equipment in your facility using the one router.
- Router input, output, control and monitoring outputs are grouped in a simple to understand layout for non-technical users.
- Full SDI reclocking supported allowing long SDI cable lengths. Reclocking automatically detects between SD, HD or 3 Gb/s SDI video.
- Computer based software router control panel for Mac OS X and Windows. Router communication via USB connected host computer, with other computers communicating via Ethernet
- Router connections are preserved in case of power failure and connections recover immediately when power is restored.
- Compact and reversible rack mount in 8 rack unit size only a few inch's deep.
- Package includes Broadcast Videohub unit, power supply, spare power supply, 2 spare cooling fans, CD with software and operation manual.
|SDI Video Input ||72 x 10 bit SD SDI, HD-SDI, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable.|
|SDI Video Outputs ||144 x 10 bit SD SDI, HD-SDI, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable.|
|Dual rate support ||Auto detection of SD, HD or 3 Gb/s SDI. Simultaneous routing of both HD and standard definition video. |
|Device Control ||72 x bidirectional Sony compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx pin reversible under software control.|
|Router Control ||USB 2.0 high speed interface shared over IP network.|
|Updates and Configuration ||USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s) interface.|
|Re-clocking ||On all SDI inputs, auto switching between standard definition, high definition or 3 Gb/s SDI video.|
|SD Format Support ||625/25 PAL and 525/29.97 NTSC.|
|HD Format Support ||1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p30, 1080i48, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 720p30, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60.|
|2K Format Support ||2048 x 1556/23.98 and 24.|
|SDI Compliance ||SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M-A, SMPTE 425M-B, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.|
|SDI Video Sampling ||4:2:2 and 4:4:4 when using 2 routes.|
|SDI Video Rates ||SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI.|
|SDI Color Precision ||4:2:2 and 4:4:4 10 bit when using 2 routes.|
|SDI Color Space ||YUV, or RGB when using 2 routes.|
|SDI Metadata Support ||Video payload identification ancillary data as per SMPTE 352M.|
|SDI Audio Sampling ||Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.|
|SDI Auto Switching ||Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI on each input so that each input can be running a different television standard.|
|Software Control ||Router control included free for Windows and Mac OS X.|
|Firmware Upgrade ||Via included firmware updater application.|
|Installation ||8 rack unit size. Less than a few inches deep.|
|Power Supply ||2 x Universal power supply included. IEC power cable required. Second power supply is permanently connected and works as a redundant power source.|
|Power Fail Protection ||Router connections preserved and restored instantly at power on independently of host computer.|
|Warranty ||12 Months|