Why the Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine?
For espresso with a well-balanced flavor; flavor needs to be drawn evenly from all the coffee grinds. What is the best way to prepare the grinds for an even extraction?
Rather than starting with bursts of high pressure; the Breville Infuser Espresso Machine starts with steady; low pressure to gently expand the grinds. This helps fills in any cracks; gaps; or irregularities in the coffee puck before full pressure is applied; so even pressure is applied to all parts of the coffee puck and optimal flavor is extracted.
The BES840XL has both automatic features; like temperature settings; and programmable features like volumetric control. The key features that set it apart from other espresso machines in its price range are the pre-infusion technology; the thermocoil heating system; and PID temperature control technology. See chart below for details.
Other helpful features include a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction; so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. The machine goes into 'Sleep Mode' after 1 hour and automatically shuts off after 3 hours. There is extra-tall cup clearance for brewing directly into travel mugs.
Other touches include an 'Empty Me!' indicator that lets you know when the removable drip tray is full and a 'Clean Me' cleaning alert. The storage tray houses the included accessories. Lastly; all parts that come in contact with water and coffee are BPA free.
- The 61 fl. oz. (1.8 L) removable water tank is a top-fill tank with a handle; it has a replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale
- The dry puck feature removes excess water from the ground coffee in the filter basket for easy disposal of the coffee puck
- The espresso pressure gauge helps you monitor espresso extraction pressure; so you know whether the espresso is being over- or under-extracted
- The dedicated outlet for instant hot water
- The steam wand is used for effortless milk frothing for making lattes and cappuccinos
- The auto purge function automatically adjusts the temperature of the water used for steaming milk and extracting espresso
- Low pressure pre-infusion
- PID temperature control that delivers water at precisely the right temperature adjustable in 35.6 Fahrenheit increments
- Pressure gauge to guide you to the right extraction
- Volumetric Control - Programmable; semi-automatic function controls the volume of the espresso pour at the touch of a button
- Micro-foam Milk - High power 1650W element for high pressure steam and faster heat up to create micro-foam necessary for cafe quality drinks and to create latte art
- 1650W Thermocoil - Integrated stainless steel water path accurately controls water temperature
- Pump: 15 bar
- Settings: Single or Double Shot Volumetric Control and Manual Over-ride
- Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- Power: 1650 Watts
- Construction Materials: Brushed Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 12.5 x 13 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty