Fresh is Best
In the world of coffee; freshness can be measured in seconds. By the time even five minutes has passed; ground beans have started to lose their flavor. Grinding beans every time you want fresh espresso takes time; though; and oftentimes it becomes a tradeoff between taste and convenience. The Breville Barista Express solves this problem; delivering fresh; quality espresso at remarkable speed; thanks to its integrated burr grinder. Go from beans to espresso in under a minute-all in the comfort of your own home.
Cafe quality espresso in your home
Espresso making is notorious for being both an art and a science; requiring you to carefully adjust each of the inputs (grind size; grind amount; etc.). But even complete beginners and aspiring baristas can pull a perfect shot from the Breville Barista Express. For beginners; it comes with two dual-wall; pressurized filters that regulate pressure and help optimize the extraction. For more experienced baristas; the Barista Express includes two single-wall; non-pressurized filters that give you more room to experiment with different grind sizes; grind amounts; and tamping pressure. As either a crash-course or a continuation study; the Barista Express gives you free rein to explore the art of espresso.
In addition to its integrated burr grinder; the Breville Barista Express has an Italian-manufactured 15 bar pump and thermocoil heating system that ensures accurate regulation of water temperature for a full-flavored espresso. A pre-brew function and flat shower head make sure that the water is optimally distributed through the coffee puck. The Barista Express also has several helpful features; such as a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction; so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. Lastly; it has a stainless steel 360 degree swivel-action steam wand for lattes and cappuccinos.
For beginners and aspiring baristas alike; the Barista Express makes good espresso accessible and easy to make.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The Breville Barista Express is built from high-quality materials so the resulting machine is as sturdy as possible. No-slip feet keep the machine from sliding across the counter when the burr grinder is activated. The Barista Express is housed in a sleek stainless steel casing; making it an attractive and timeless addition to any kitchen. The entire unit is easy to clean and comes with a hideaway storage compartment for the included cleaning tools; in addition to an easily removable drip tray.
- Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials: choose among grind settings from fine to coarse and adjust the amount of freshly ground espresso dosed into the filter basket
- Filter size button: indicate whether you are using a single or double-wall filter basket and the grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for the appropriate filter type
- 54mm tamper for expert tamping control; with magnetized storage; but removable for easy tamping
- Hands-free grinding cradle: push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into the filter
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter with commercial style spouts.
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank: top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale
- Preset 1 and 2 cup volumes; manual over-ride; or reprogrammable shot volumes
- Espresso pressure gauge monitors espresso extraction pressure
- Thermocoil heating system: integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- Clean me light: indicates when a cleaning cycle is required
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand for effortless milk texturing.
- Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Removable drip tray
- Power: 1600 Watt thermocoil; 15 Bar Italian Pump
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Product Dimensions: 13.25 x 12.5 x 15.75 inches
- Weight: 23 lbs.