Compact and Stylish Photo All-In-One with 1.8" LCD & Memory Card Slots.
Do you need a compact, high-quality, stylish and versatile printer that will print great borderless photos, documents and more? The PIXMA MP490 delivers 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi, 2pl and the PG-210 Black and CL-211 Color FINE Ink Cartridge System for superb overall print quality.
Another key component the PIXMA MP490 prides itself on is ease of use so you can conveniently get the photo lab quality you want. The new Auto Photo Fix II software is built right into the machine and automatically corrects your images while easy viewing and editing can be done right on the 1.8" LCD. Plus, its QuickStart feature gives you faster access to printer operations once the product is on. If you want to start scanning, Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original you are scanning and saves it with the appropriate settings. Need some copies? No problem. Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology enables your copies to maintain the integrity of the original whether a document or photo, copy-after-copy.
Speed & Quality
Terrific Resolution- This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performace Ink Cartridges- These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for laser-quality text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
ChromaLife100+-This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years3 when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Ease of Use
1.8" LCD Screen-Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Photo Fix II-This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Beautiful & Borderless-Print photo-lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11".
QuickStart-Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in approximately 2 seconds. So, full operation is possible in much shorter time.
Auto Scan Mode-Automatically recognizes the type of original you are scanning and saves it with the appropriate settings.
Dual Color Gamut Technology-Copy photos and documents with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
Memory Cards-Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built-in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print!
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed-Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Energy Star Qualified
Energy Star qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The MP490 has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- 4 in 1, 2 in 1 Printing - This option allows users to place multiple pages on 1 page, saving up to 75% of your paper supply.
- Quick Start - The energy efficient Quick Start feature makes it easy to start up your printer in a matter of seconds, making it more convenient to keep the printer off, thus reducing energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and saves energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance - RoHS is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product contains no cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB), or Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to help ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon U.S.A., Inc. refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon products, not third-party vendors.