High-Quality 4800 dpi Scanner for Documents and Films.
This is high-performance scanning at its best. The high-luminance white LED lamps use less power and enable scanning immediately after you press the power button. Seven EZ Buttons automate the scanning process-so it's simple to scan, copy and create emails and multi-page PDFs. To make it even easier, the new Auto Scan Mode detects your type of original, then scans and saves it with the optimal settings. How fast? A letter-sized color scan takes only about 11 seconds.
You're going to love the results, with outstanding color dpi resolution up to 4800 x 9600. For convenience, you can batch-scan up to six 35mm frames or four 35mm slides at once.
Speed & Quality
No Warm-Up3 / Low Energy Usage - Thanks to the high luminance white LED light source, the unit is ready to scan whenever you are, with zero warm-up time. Plus, the advanced LED light source quickly switches to standby mode after scanning, saving energy.
High Quality Imaging - The CCD scanning element produces high-quality 4800-dpi scans, and is the same CCD technology found in digital cameras.
Ease of Use
Push-Button Simplicity / Low Energy Usage - Seven EZ Buttons let you do what you want with your original. So, scan it in color or B&W. Scan and save it, or copy it (sending a scanned image to your printer). Create a PDF of a multi-page original, customize your own settings, or for the ultimate in simplicity, just press the "Scan" button and let the CanoScan 5600F take care of everything. Whichever button you press, the process is simple.
Smart Scanning - The new Auto Scan feature makes scanning anything even easier than before. It actually detects the type of original you're scanning - whether it's a photo, business card, personal notebook or form?then automatically scans, processes and saves the image in the appropriate format. All at the press of just one button.
Scan Film and Slides - The built-in backlight and included film guide let you simultaneously scan up to six 35mm negative frames or up to four 35mm slides.
Faster data - The USB 2.0 interface enables the fastest possible image transfers and scanning speeds.
Canon Generation Green
Generation Green is Canon's new environmental initiative. This program encompasses eligible Scanners, PIXMA Inkjet Printers and imageCLASS laser printers. Generation Green is designed to provide business partners, customers and consumers a way to learn about the environmentally-friendly approach that Canon is taking to design many of its current and future products and solutions; for example, possible cost savings through energy efficiency. The CS 5600F has the following Generation Green characteristics:
- White LED - The white LED allows the scanning unit to be smaller and have no warm-up time, resulting in lower energy consumption. This means that you can start scanning immediately (excludes film scanning).
- ENERGY STAR - Qualified products are 25% more efficient than conventional models. By using less energy, these products reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy as well as money.
- RoHS Compliance - This is a directive from the European Union that restricts the use of hazardous materials found in electronic products. This product restricts the the use of cadmium, mercury, lead, hexavalent chromium, Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) and Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE).
- Hardware Recycling Program - Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations. We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of products to help improve the environment and our local communities.
- Refurbishing Program - The Canon refurbishing facility manages all waste stream processes for Canon products, so Canon has full control over recovery and salvage for Canon U.S.A. products, not third-party vendors.
ENERGY STAR qualified
To help you save energy and money, while making a difference for the environment, Canon has partnered voluntarily with the EPA for over ten years to design products that meet the high standards of its ENERGY STAR Program. This program promotes the development and introduction of energy-efficient products to combat global warming and other environmental issues.
As an ENERGY STAR partner, and one of the leading producers of energy-efficient equipment, Canon has qualified more than 400 of its products since the program began and is proud to offer you copiers, printers, scanners, and multifunction devices that help protect the environment, without compromising features or performance.
Why buy ENERGY STAR?
ENERGY STAR equals saving money.
The typical home office with an ENERGY STAR qualifed fax, printer, copier and scanner is projected to save more than $230 over the life of the product. So start saving now by choosing Canon ENERGY STAR-qualified Products.