The lens delivers high optical performance and comfortable operability for professional video shooting. The FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 is the first full manual cinema lens to be compatible with the X Series interchangeable camera. In the 35mm format equivalent, MKX50-135mmT2.9 covers a focal distance from 76mm to 206mm and achieves a constant T2.9* aperture across the entire zoom range, enabling a shallow depth of field as well as a beautiful bokeh effect. The lens design is optimized for shooting videos as it minimizes focus shift and optical axis shift while zooming, and reduces lens breathing (the change of angle of view during focusing). The lens also features three rings to enable manual and independent operation of focus, zoom and iris (aperture), all with the gear pitch** of 0.8M (module). The focus rings can rotate fully up to 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing. These features make the lens very comfortable and convenient to operate.
- Outstanding optical performance and low distortion with T2.9 speed across the entire zoom range
- Covering the standard 18 to 135mm focal length for cinema production with MK18-55mm and MK50-135mm
- Ultra-compact & less than 1kg lightweight design thanks to Super 35mm/APS-C sensor compatibility with dedicated E-mount design
- Fully manual lens rings for focus, zoom, and iris with 0.8M gear pitch
- 200 deg focus rotation angle for accurate focusing
- Seamless iris to avoid vibrations and noise that you get with clicking mechanism
- Resolves issues of interchangeable lenses for still digital cameras such as focus shift and optical axis shift while zooming and lens breathing
- 85mm front diameter, 82mm filter diameter, and position of 0.8M are standardized between the two models
- Features macro function
- Features flange focal length adjustment function
Advanced Optical Performance
MKX50-135mmT2.9 uses 22 glass elements in 17 groups, with two super ED lens elements and two ED lens elements.
It has T2.9 aperture across the entire zoom range which facilitates the increasingly popular style of bokeh effect with shallow depth-of-field. This also eliminates the need to re-adjust lighting, contributing to shortening shooting time.
The MKX lens achieves advanced optical performance despite its compact and lightweight body by incorporating the benefits of short flange focal distance of X Mount into optical design to the maximum extent. This accommodates shooting with a limited number of people.
The electrical contact to communicate with the X Series camera not only corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading, but also achieves various color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
Supress Focus Shift While Zooming
The front focusing group of lens elements and the zooming group of lens elements are driven independently from one another to suppress focus shift while zooming, which eliminates the need to re-focus after zooming in or out. The optical and mechanical approach means there is no time lag as seen in an electrical control system.
Supress Lens Breathing
The use of the front inner-focusing system controls lens breathing change of angle of view during focusing which achieves smooth focusing in an impressive scene.
The focus ring features a rotation of a full 200 degrees to facilitate precise focusing even when shooting with a shallow depth-of-field where a high degree of precision is required.
The lens features three fully manual rings to enable independent adjustment of focus, zoom and iris (aperture). This enables intuitive operations which cannot be attained with an electrical mechanism that typically causes time lag.
All the operation rings have a gear pitch of 0.8M, the same as all other Fujinon cine lenses, which allows the use of all standard third party accessories for video production, e.g. Follow Focus that enable accurate and smooth focusing.
The iris supports seamless adjustment that is free of clicking. This enables precise and silent exposure adjustment while also preventing camera shake caused by the clicking.
Supress Optical Axis Shift While Zooming
Manufacturing technology developed for conventional FUJINON cine lenses is applied to control optical axis shift while zooming, achieving intended composition every time.
- Standarized design for ease of operation
- Only one matte box between the MKX lenses is needed with a 85mm front diameter.
- Only one filter size between the MKX lenses is needed with a filter thread of 82mm.
- The gears for the three rings are positioned in the same place so as to eliminate the need to re-position accessories when switching MKX lenses.
- Features a macro function that allows shooting close-up to broaden the range of scenes that can be covered with one lens.
- MK50-135mm: Minimum Object Distance of 0.85m (wide end)
- The lens features a Flange Focal Distance adjustment function** to achieve optimum camera and lens matching, bringing out the lens' full optical performance.
* Distance from the image-forming plane to a subject
** The position of lenses' image-forming plane can be adjusted according to each camera's flange focal distance (distance from lens mounting reference plane to sensor
Model name: MK50-135mm T2.9
Focal length: 50-135mm
Zoom raito: 2.7x
Image Size: 24.84mm x 13.97mm (f28.5mm)
Minimum Object Distance (M.O.D): 1.2m / 3ft 11in with macro function 0.85m / 2ft 9in
Object Dimensions at M.O.D 50mm 534mm x 300mm
(H x V) 1.78 : 1 Aspect Ratio* : 135mm 196mm x 110mm
Angle of view (HxV) 50mm 27.9 deg x 15.9 deg
1.78 : 1 Aspect Ratio* : 135mm 10.5 deg x5.9 deg
Iris Blades: 9
Filter Diameter: 82mm
Front Diameter: 85mm
Lens Mount: E-mount